Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: teamjinx]
    #20514029 - 09/03/14 11:44 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

not to be rude but I think you should read a TEK or 2 before you buy and drill into any more totes :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: spacechildo]
    #20514533 - 09/03/14 01:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spacechildo said:
not to be rude but I think you should read a TEK or 2 before you buy and drill into any more totes :shrug:

Ive been reading teks for at least 3 hours today a few hours yesterday a few hours the day before that and etc etc

ive been reading for a few hours everyday for the past few weeks - sorry i have to piece together information

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#20524585 - 09/05/14 02:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Alright so i have 2 jars left, and not even the widemouths. theyre the regular half pints. Which means i seriously fucked something up that affected every jar.

So i just washed all my jars with soapy hot hot water then i let them sit in clean hot water for a while took em out rinsed them off then dried them.
Made my sub (following 2 cups verm, 1 cup BRF and 1 cup water), wiped all 12 jars with rubbing alcohol on a papertowel then cleaned them with another, different paper towel.

i did 4 at a time so once 4 were clean i would put the sub in, wipe off the rim, fill with dry verm and capped them. I got New lids (the disc part not the twisty part) with 4 inoculation points on each. so i did this 3 times and have 12 jars ready to be sterilized.

I am pooped.

So ill sterilize them in an hour or 2 for 2 hours, let them sit over night (while theyre sitting prepare my syringe), get them in the morning and inoculate them.

AS FAR AS THE OTHER 2, they look really clean and are doing really well. Theyre both the fatass so i hope one makes it so i can take a spore print cuz its supposed to be a good strain. Im justwaiting for the problems every says u face with reg, half pints. Look like theyll work to me :smile:  :blazed:

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#20525624 - 09/05/14 08:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

sterilization begun at ~ 6:00 pm will stop at 8

i made a tinfoil base for one but it wasnt thick enough so i put 3 tin foil balls under to make a base and then put the jars on top of that. a good 2 1/2 3 inches of water id say. also didnt have a second lid so i used a plate and put a damp towel on top to weigh both down so none of the steam escaped.

While making the syringe i realized most of the spored were sticking to the side of my porcelain cup. What do you use to make your water/spore mix? I used the whole print b/c i was trying to disperse the spores by sucking them up and expelling them through the syringe but the more i did it the more stuck to the cup so by the time i was ready to cap it, they were barely any spores. so i added the other half of the print and tried to make it pretty quick, but it looked like coffee stains in the cup by the time i was done lmao

was very sanitary. I sanitized the syringe taking it apart and cleaning the plunger then i  boiled water then poured it into a cup and sucked it up and expelled it through the syringe a few times then capped it on the last one. lots of flame sterilization (needle, scraper), rubbing alcohol for hands and counter, used a full spore print, about 12 ml or cc of spore solution for 12 jars.

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC *DELETED* [Re: teamjinx]
    #20525981 - 09/05/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by Sanguin3 (09/05/14 09:30 PM)

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20526128 - 09/05/14 10:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You can, but it isn't needed. It really depends on how you make the syringe. The only thing that bothers me is the boiling water syringe thing. You really need to take an empty syringe and PC it for 15 mins @ 15 PSI and use it. Boiling water wont kill any possible contams.

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#20526200 - 09/05/14 10:22 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
Quote:

teamjinx said:

:heytheresexy:

I would actually answer your question but I've never made a syringe. I am pretty sure you're not supposed to use an entire print for one syringe though. :shrug:

Did you follow a tek or just wing it?

tek plus winged it - i got a syringe that had CLUMPS of spores in it and when i shook it practically turned black so thats what i was going for

as far as using the whole print, i wanted to use half but it stuck to the cup so i needed to add some more

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: Sockadin]
    #20526203 - 09/05/14 10:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sockadin said:
You can, but it isn't needed. It really depends on how you make the syringe. The only thing that bothers me is the boiling water syringe thing. You really need to take an empty syringe and PC it for 15 mins @ 15 PSI and use it. Boiling water wont kill any possible contams.

100% opinionated ive seen plenty of threads with this as the tek they use - i thought how u thought but now im giving it a go. ill tell u how it works

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20526223 - 09/05/14 10:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

teamjinx said:
Quote:

Sockadin said:

100% opinionated ive seen plenty of threads with this as the tek they use - i thought how u thought but now im giving it a go. ill tell u how it works

Hey man I agree 100%. I am just saying that I use to boil water, suck it up and shoot it out back into the pot. Worked for several years with a 30% contam rate. When I started pC'ing empty syringes and making my syringes in my SAB the proper way I had 0 contaminated jars.

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#20526388 - 09/05/14 11:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sockadin said:
Quote:

teamjinx said:
Quote:

Sockadin said:

Hey man I agree 100%. I am just saying that I use to boil water, suck it up and shoot it out back into the pot. Worked for several years with a 30% contam rate. When I started pC'ing empty syringes and making my syringes in my SAB the proper way I had 0 contaminated jars.

am indeed looking forward to making some money so i can buy a pressure cooker

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

Edited by teamjinx (09/05/14 11:05 PM)

OfflineMdahmer
Aloysius devadander abercrombie
Male User Gallery

#20526435 - 09/05/14 11:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

it looks to me like you have your spore print opened in the open air for that picture is that after you used it or before?

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: Mdahmer]
    #20526446 - 09/05/14 11:17 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mdahmer said:
it looks to me like you have your spore print opened in the open air for that picture is that after you used it or before?

after? idk if ur saying i wasnt being sterile or not storing it properly. but i was pretty sterile and it goes in a small ziplock plastic bagg in a regular size sandwich plastic baggy that contains other things for making syringes like the scraper the syringe plug, etc

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC *DELETED* [Re: teamjinx]
    #20526676 - 09/06/14 12:08 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20526905 - 09/06/14 02:20 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Boiling is a very effective method for syringes, try some sex lube to stop the spores from clumping and as stated a sab and better technique will give you better success

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #20526928 - 09/06/14 02:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
You just shouldn't have a print in open air, you'll pick up contams. Keep it sealed until you work with it and when you do it should be in a SAB.

The cap was fruited in open air.......

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#20527121 - 09/06/14 05:31 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
You just shouldn't have a print in open air, you'll pick up contams. Keep it sealed until you work with it and when you do it should be in a SAB.

If thats what he meant, then yes it was literally just for a sec right after i scraped it so i could take the pic - put away right after

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

Edited by teamjinx (09/06/14 05:32 AM)

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: cronicr]
    #20527280 - 09/06/14 07:37 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
Boiling is a very effective method for syringes, try some sex lube to stop the spores from clumping and as stated a sab and better technique will give you better success

Lets talk about this. I use to make my syringes for years this way. Even after I bought a pC, I never thought about putting the parts in a jar and PCing them. Reassembling them in SAB and using water from a jar that was also in the same PC.

OfflineMdahmer
Aloysius devadander abercrombie
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: PussyFart]
    #20527300 - 09/06/14 07:45 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Quote:

Sanguin3 said:

The cap was fruited in open air.......

but would you hold a open print up to a camera then make a syringe with it and go straight to your jars? thats what i was asking is all cause he said he used a lot of spores and it didnt look like much had been scraped off yet in the pic.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st grow! PF tek + SGFC [Re: Mdahmer]
    #20527424 - 09/06/14 08:12 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

There is no getting away from Open Air Fruiting so the print already has airborn contams. Only way to get a truly clean print to syringe is using Agar and LI.

Offlineteamjinx
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#20528338 - 09/06/14 12:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

i want to correct EVERY TIME ive said the picture was after scraping the spores i lied lol i was thinking of a different picture but i realized i posted the picture of both prints

what i did was i took a picture of the prints, scraped them into the solution, took another picture to see how much i used then put the print away.

here are the prints  before scraping

i used the entire left print

--------------------
(9 - 1) + (4 - 2)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag