Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

double homicide on LSD 21 year old * 1
    #20462809 - 08/23/14 12:31 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/article/Man-arrested-for-double-slaying-was-high-on-LSD-5702870.php

BURNET, Texas (AP) — The son of a Hill Country constable is charged with capital murder for the shooting deaths of two friends.

An arrest affidavit shows 21-year-old Garrett Ballard of Burnet was high on LSD when he used a rifle he took from his father's patrol unit.

The document reviewed by the Austin American-Statesman (http://bit.ly/1v0K9Cp ) shows Ballard told authorities Tuesday he and the victims, 17-year-old Elijah Benson and 26-year-old Travis Fox, bought the hallucinogenic drug to celebrate a birthday at his home.

He said when Benson and Fox began acting strangely due to the drug effects, he got a key to his father's car, grabbed the rifle from the trunk and loaded it. Ballard says after the shootings he contacted his girlfriend and several relatives, including his father, to tell them what happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecez
 User Gallery
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: Deathcore]
    #20462850 - 08/23/14 12:47 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

That's terrible.

OfflinePsychedelicHam
Psychedelic Explorer
Male

Loc: Houston TX Flag
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: cez]
    #20462875 - 08/23/14 01:02 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

This has nothing to do with the fact that he was on "lsd"

Why do they have to cover up the truth of this guy just being a psychopath with the accusation of drug abuse

--------------------
Think for yourself and question everything -you guys should know who said this one :-)

OfflineHardTrippin
The Ambivalent
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: PsychedelicHam]
    #20463098 - 08/23/14 02:23 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna be that guy that proposes maybe it wasn't real LSD that he took. Not saying its impossible that this was LSD but it seems far more likely that it would have been something else that was sold to them as LSD.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: HardTrippin] * 7
    #20463121 - 08/23/14 02:35 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

What makes you think that? Have you been around someone having a bad trip on LSD?

It's not all :peace: and :hippie: in those situations.

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: D.M.T]
    #20463172 - 08/23/14 02:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

tru dat

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: D.M.T] * 2
    #20463299 - 08/23/14 04:27 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
What makes you think that? Have you been around someone having a bad trip on LSD?

People refuse to believe that anything bad could happen on LSD.

Having said that, I'd say there is a good possibility it wasn't LSD. Not because LSD couldnt cause a bad reaction like this, but because a large amount of blotters sold as LSD are actually RCs. Either way it sucks. 3 lives ruined. 2 kids dead and one going to prison for life. :sad:

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
    #20463308 - 08/23/14 04:34 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

God... I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to be celebrating a birthday with LSD, then all of the sudden, I became overpowered by some irrational thought which would lead me to shoot 2 people, then when I finally came down from the trip, it would be prison, dudes, shitty food, violence and stupidity for the rest of my life.

This doesn't seem right. I don't think that guy should go to prison. What's wrong is laws for LSD and other drugs. They should have special locations where people can go to do LSD and other drugs. But instead, people do drugs in private and they're already afraid of being caught so that adds to the negativity of a trip. I'm placing the blame for these 3 lives being ruined completely on drug laws. This would not happen if drugs were legal and we had locations for people to use drugs.

--------------------
No one knows who I am.
Therefore, I am not anyone.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #20463346 - 08/23/14 04:52 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Don't you love how the media (ahem...and others) PRESUME the (possible) LSD ingestion is causally related to the shooting???  Far to much speculation going on here to draw any conclusions.

Jez...what ever happened to the notion of trip sitters and/or guides?  This shit would NEVER happen with even the most modest precautions, be it under the influence of LSD OR an RC.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: Magicman69]
    #20463447 - 08/23/14 06:05 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magicman69 said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:

People refuse to believe that anything bad could happen on LSD.

Having said that, I'd say there is a good possibility it wasn't LSD. Not because LSD couldnt cause a bad reaction like this, but because a large amount of blotters sold as LSD are actually RCs. Either way it sucks. 3 lives ruined. 2 kids dead and one going to prison for life. :sad:

I doubt it was LSD. It's TRUE that the way LSD works is more "confusing" and ideas are more "open" and "even" than on the Nbome shit and similar. I'd have trouble on LSD holding onto one plan like that for long enough to carry it out, I'd just get distracted unless it's a tiny dose like less than 80ug which couldn't be responsible for a bad trip like this. Bad trips on LSD often lead to things like thought loops, and other things which are just too distracting to allow someone to do something like this. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying I doubt this kid who is obviously so massively unsuited for taking psychedelics was able to get real LSD, and it's also more likely IMO that something like this would happen with a shitty RC.

How can they just report something as being true without any evidence that it is? I'd bet all of my money I own that he wasn't on LSD, with even odds.

Edited by XTCentral (08/23/14 06:08 AM)

OfflineOjom
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: XTCentral]
    #20463577 - 08/23/14 08:01 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Oh man, how did this get left out of the OP?

The original can be found here.

InvisibleVitalux
Stranger from the next universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: Ojom]
    #20463619 - 08/23/14 08:28 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:

:thumbup:

they say a picture is worth a thousand words.....

The kid looks fucked-up in the head to begin with.....he belongs in a cage...away from society....without being high on lsd....cause obviously ....if LSD can't help him.....he's a lost cause.

:shrug:

OfflineLySergenociDe
Student of Universe
Male

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: Vitalux] * 1
    #20463779 - 08/23/14 09:32 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Vitalux said:
Quote:

Ojom said:

:thumbup:

they say a picture is worth a thousand words.....

The kid looks fucked-up in the head to begin with.....he belongs in a cage...away from society....without being high on lsd....cause obviously ....if LSD can't help him.....he's a lost cause.

:shrug:

Why because he has some tattoos and gauges? What if he didn't would you say he's less likely to kill somebody?

--------------------
I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex. It means that you never figured out what it is all about. The mystery is in the body and the way the body works itself into nature.
Terence McKenna

Invisiblemoonzo
Getting Better
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kaneta Flag
    #20463885 - 08/23/14 10:06 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe he was a psychopath that can't enjoy himself without deviant hobbies. When he got high of acid/RC he realized that the best buzz he will ever get being a psychopath is killing someone and claiming that it was his. If you do some research on psychopath's you will find that they don't pump dopamine from normal things like being with family, going to a amusement park, eating or anything along the lines of a sober persons happiness.

They need to do something and claim that THEY did it, THAT is THEIR doing, and the dopamine pumps.

Random thought----

--------------------
"I don't make any sense, do not ever listen to me under any circumstance." <-- This is how I am viewed by a regular person in society
"Were the aliens nice?" <-- How I hope to be treated on this forum

Track record: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=20394867&page=2&vc=1#20394867

Mescapsilosyergictryptamine :billseal:

Offlinelsdkiwi
Student of the Universe

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: moonzo]
    #20463915 - 08/23/14 10:14 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

wow, some of y'all are really making excuses for your drug of choice.
I could easily see someone doing some fucked up shit like this while tripping too hard.
He was probably on real lsd.  He may have had some underlying problem, but this is why guns are fucking bad. 

Hey DMT,
Remember that argument we had about guns a few weeks ago?  This is why I'm against guns.  It makes killing way too easy.  The guy probably would not have stabbed them to death, its too difficult.

--------------------
"lsdkiwi ignored every person that gave him advice that conflicted with what he wanted to hear.
He's the type of person who blames all his problems on others, and refuses to accept any sort of responsibility for things that take place in his life. This thread was a complete waste of time."

"They hate us 'cause they ain't us" - Kim Jong Un

One day we'll look back on these times and wonder how people could have been so discriminatory against pot smokers during the prohibition era.  This is a fight for the right to explore altered consciousness at will for both spiritual and recreational purposes.

:leaf: :leaf: :leaf:

Offlinelsdkiwi
Student of the Universe

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: lsdkiwi]
    #20463946 - 08/23/14 10:22 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I hate to double post but I saw this
Quote:

They should have special locations where people can go to do LSD and other drugs.

I totally agree.  I think they should have psychedelic "bars" which would have rooms with different environments, and medically trained sober supervisors who can dispel delusions and handle otherwise ridiculous, dangerous behavior.  I believe all drugs should be legal, mainly because most of us drug users don't give a damn about laws anyway, and the underworld can be a seriously fucked place.  Plus it would eliminate the "drugs are cool" thing in high schools and whatnot, probably decreasing drug use anyway.

--------------------
"lsdkiwi ignored every person that gave him advice that conflicted with what he wanted to hear.
He's the type of person who blames all his problems on others, and refuses to accept any sort of responsibility for things that take place in his life. This thread was a complete waste of time."

One day we'll look back on these times and wonder how people could have been so discriminatory against pot smokers during the prohibition era.  This is a fight for the right to explore altered consciousness at will for both spiritual and recreational purposes.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: lsdkiwi] * 1
    #20464078 - 08/23/14 10:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Two words.  Trip sitter.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: D.M.T]
    #20464127 - 08/23/14 11:13 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:

I agree with this, but I've had multiple bad trips on both mushrooms and LSD. Never once has the act of shooting someone suddenly become a notion of mine. This guy was clearly mentally disturbed to begin with.

I don't know, some people on here seem to sugar coat psychedelics. I've seen some pretty horrifying freak outs, but I've never seen someone get angry or aggressive. That would definitely scare me and I think I'd either get far away from the person or I'd try desperately to calm them down. If that didn't work, I'd consider calling 911.

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: double homicide on LSD 21 year old [Re: lsdkiwi] * 1
    #20464288 - 08/23/14 11:59 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lsdkiwi said:
I hate to double post but I saw this
Quote:

They should have special locations where people can go to do LSD and other drugs.

I totally agree.  I think they should have psychedelic "bars" which would have rooms with different environments, and medically trained sober supervisors who can dispel delusions and handle otherwise ridiculous, dangerous behavior.  I believe all drugs should be legal, mainly because most of us drug users don't give a damn about laws anyway, and the underworld can be a seriously fucked place.  Plus it would eliminate the "drugs are cool" thing in high schools and whatnot, probably decreasing drug use anyway.

So if a knife wielder broke in your house and you're hiding calling the cops and they come to rescuevyou but the attacker is 5 seconds away from stabbing you and the cop is 10 feet away and can pull the trigger to end him, would you think guns suck then? If the cop had a knife the criminal could stab you then turn around and stab the cop..

Better yet, if you u had a gun you could end the attacker without even calling the cops..

I cant stand anti gun people, they're retarded.

Offlinelsdkiwi
Student of the Universe

#20464464 - 08/23/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

So if a knife wielder broke in your house and you're hiding calling the cops and they come to rescuevyou but the attacker is 5 seconds away from stabbing you and the cop is 10 feet away and can pull the trigger to end him, would you think guns suck then? If the cop had a knife the criminal could stab you then turn around and stab the cop..

Better yet, if you u had a gun you could end the attacker without even calling the cops..

I cant stand anti gun people, they're retarded.

Yes, because this highly specific and unrealistic situation is totally going to happen.  NOT.  I know its cool to be libertarian these days but please use your heads.  Weapon escalation and violence do not solve violence.:nonono:  Otherwise Fergurson wouldn't happen.  All those big guns and Humvees and cops are really handling that situation aren't they?  And to think I just gave you 5 shrooms :frown:
I swear I can't stand pro gun people, they're retarded :wink:

Its like the nuclear disarming dilemma.  The world would undoubtedly be safer without guns, but no one wants to be first to get rid of theirs in bad areas.  Its a tough issue.  But why am I even trying to talk about it, its clear your too stuck in your way of thinking to actually consider how to improve the situation.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder