Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next > | Last >
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: The Can Opener [Re: Sse]
    #20456243 - 08/21/14 08:58 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

... beauteous rapture adorned

stretching, aching, willing to be free
  unable to be contained
      that is life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRocket

Loc: Land of the Freaks Flag
    #20456264 - 08/21/14 09:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Amma :hug:ging The World.

InvisibleRocket

Re: The Can Opener [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20456268 - 08/21/14 09:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

that is all

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: The Can Opener [Re: Rocket] * 1
    #20458490 - 08/22/14 10:14 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I am starting a series of writings call "Connect The Dots" where I condense and consolidate quotes and information from people all through time and place.
I need everyones help, what quotes did I miss? Any help is appreciated.

This one I call "The Present"

Quote:

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha

I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day.
-Jesus Christ

Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment.
-Thich Nhat Hanh

If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.
―Lao Tzu

I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
-Albert Einstein

The more I give myself permission to live in the moment and enjoy it without feeling guilty, the better I feel about the quality of my work.
-Wayne Dyer

Always say 'yes' to the present moment... Surrender to what is. Say 'yes' to life - and see how life starts suddenly to start working for you rather than against you.
-Eckhart Tolle

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.
-Henry David Thoreau

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
-Bil Keane

We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.
-Chanakya

Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life.
-Eckhart Tolle

Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.
-Deepak Chopra

The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instruments and expression of God Himself.
-Emmet Fox

The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.
-Abraham Maslow

God is always coming to you in the Sacrament of the Present Moment. Meet and receive Him there with gratitude in that sacrament.
-Evelyn Underhill

The point of power is always in the present moment.
-Louise L. Hay

For this day, I ask that you simply concentrate on what it is happening right now.
-Jesus Christ

The best gift we can have is living in the present moment and really enjoying it for what it is; and, not being in our heads and getting sidetracked.
-Amy Smart

We have to get back to the beauty of just being alive in this present moment.
-Mary McDonnell

What is the biggest thing that stops people from living their lives in the present moment? Fear - and we must learn how to overcome fear.
-Brian Weiss

The mind is never satisfied with the objects immediately before it, but is always breaking away from the present moment, and losing itself in schemes of future felicity... The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope.
-Samuel Johnson

Anything you're trying to will is focused on the future; it's always associated with some sort of anxiety that makes the present moment somewhat uncomfortable.
-Martha Beck

I know that the purpose of life is to understand and be in the present moment with the people you love. It's just that simple.
-Jane Seymour

Women are degraded by the propensity to enjoy the present moment, and, at last, despise the freedom which they have not sufficient virtue to struggle to attain.
-Mary Wollstonecraft

While you are meditating, if your mind wanders, gently bring it back to the present moment.
-Sharon Salzberg

God isn't present in the past or future. The great 'I Am' is in the present moment. When I claim that presence, I can get through anything today.
-Regina Brett

If you abandon the present moment, you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.
-Nhat Hanh

There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment.
-Yamamoto Tsunetomo

It is this research into pure painting that is the problem at the present moment. I do not know any painters in Paris who are really searching for this ideal world.
-Robert Delaunay

The present moment, if you think about it, is the only time there is. No matter what time it is, it is always now.
-Marianne Williamson

Children have a way of forcing you back into the present moment.
-Lorna Luft

There are certain ways in which I cultivate awareness, both through mindful yoga and taking care of my body and taking time to actually drop as deeply as possible into stillness, into whatever is unfolding in the present moment.
-Jon Kabat-Zinn

Americans often have trouble enjoying the present moment.
-Alan Dundes

The present moment is changing so fast that we often do not notice its existence at all. Every moment of mind is like a series of pictures passing through a projector. Some of the pictures come from sense impressions. Others come from memories of past experiences or from fantasies of the future.
-Henepola Gunaratana

“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.”
―Masaru Emoto

What matters is to live in the present, live now, for every moment is now. It is your thoughts and acts of the moment that create your future. The outline of your future path already exists, for you created its pattern by your past.
-Sai Baba

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
-Jim Rohn

True happiness is... to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future.
-William Wordsworth

Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.
-Alan Lakein

Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present.
-Roger Babson

Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.
-Maya Angelou

Only the present moment is real and available to us. The peace we desire is not in some distant future, but it is something we can realize in the present moment.
-Thich Nhat Hahn

But man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Children have neither a past nor a future. Thus they enjoy the present, which seldom happens to us
-Jean de La Bruyère

Today it is not nearly enough to be a saint, but we must have the saintliness demanded by the present moment, a new saintliness, itself also without precedent.
-Simone Weil

History is more or less bunk. It’s tradition. We don’t want tradition. We want to live in the present.
-Henry Ford

The present moment is never intolerable. What’s intolerable is what’s going to happen in the next four hours. To have your body here at 8 pm and your mind at 10:30 pm, that’s what causes us suffering.
-Anthony de Mello

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: The Can Opener [Re: Tmethyl]
    #20458499 - 08/22/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Amazing collection.

InvisibleRocket

Re: The Can Opener [Re: Tmethyl] * 1
    #20458511 - 08/22/14 10:19 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:hi: :hug:

:heart: OF Gold.

:peace:

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Loc: Interdependent Co-arising
Re: The Can Opener [Re: Rocket]
    #20459028 - 08/22/14 12:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Cuties <3

Edited by Sse (08/22/14 12:17 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The Can Opener [Re: Sse] * 1
    #20459033 - 08/22/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is insanely cool.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleRocket

#20459041 - 08/22/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

= My mind.

Tape loop.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Can Opener [Re: pfxtc]
    #20459089 - 08/22/14 12:26 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The Eleusinian Mysteries
Quote:

(Greek: Ἐλευσίνια Μυστήρια) were initiation ceremonies held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece.They are the "most famous of the secret religious rites of ancient Greece".[1] It is thought that their basis was an old agrarian cult which probably goes back to the Mycenean period (c. 1600 – 1100 BC)[2] and it is believed that the cult of Demeter was established in 1500 BC.[3] The mysteries represented the myth of the abduction of Persephone from her mother Demeter by the king of the underworld Hades, in a cycle with three phases, the "descent" (loss), the "search" and the "ascent", with the main theme the "ascent" of Persephone and the reunion with her mother.

Quote:

The rites, ceremonies, and beliefs were kept secret and consistently preserved from antiquity. The initiated believed that they would have a reward in the afterlife.[6] There are many paintings and pieces of pottery that depict various aspects of the Mysteries. Since the Mysteries involved visions and conjuring of an afterlife, some scholars believe that the power and longevity of the Eleusinian Mysteries came from psychedelic agents.[7]

Quote:

Numerous scholars have proposed that the power of the Eleusinian Mysteries came from the kykeon's functioning as a psychedelic agent.[7] Use of potions or philtres for magical or religious purposes was relatively common in Greece and the ancient world.[44] The initiates, sensitized by their fast and prepared by preceding ceremonies (see set and setting), may have been propelled by the effects of a powerful psychoactive potion into revelatory mind states with profound spiritual and intellectual ramifications.[45] In opposition to this idea, other pointedly skeptical scholars note the lack of any solid evidence and stress the collective rather than individual character of initiation into the Mysteries.[46] Indirect evidence in support of the entheogenic theory is that in 415 BC Athenian aristocrat Alcibiades was condemned partly because he took part in an "Eleusinian mystery" in a private house.[47]

Many psychoactive agents have been proposed as the significant element of kykeon, though without consensus or conclusive evidence. These include the ergot, a fungal parasite of the barley or rye grain, which contains the alkaloids lysergic acid amide (LSA), a precursor to LSD, and ergonovine.[45] However, modern attempts to prepare a kykeon using ergot-parasitized barley have yielded inconclusive results, though Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin describe both ergonovine and LSA to be known to produce LSD-like effects.[48][49]

Mushrooms are another candidate. Terence McKenna speculated that the mysteries were focused around a variety of Psilocybe. Other entheogenic fungi, such as Amanita muscaria, have also been suggested.[50] A recent hypothesis suggests that the ancient Egyptians cultivated Psilocybe cubensis on barley and associated it with the deity Osiris.[51]
Another candidate for the psychoactive drug is an opioid derived from the poppy. The cult of the goddess Demeter may have brought the poppy from Crete to Eleusis; it is certain that opium was produced in Crete.[52]

Another theory is that the psychoactive agent in kykeon is DMT, which occurs in many wild plants of the Mediterranean, including Phalaris and/or Acacia.[53] To be active orally it must be combined with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor such as Syrian Rue (Peganum harmala), which grows throughout the Mediterranean.

"The ultimate design of the [Eleusinian] Mysteries … was to lead us back to the principles from which we descended, … a perfect enjoyment of intellectual [spiritual] good."
Plato

The Road to Eleusis. Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries
Robert Gordon Wasson, Albert Hofmann, Carl A. P. Ruck

Mixing the Kykeon
Peter Webster & Daniel M. Perrine, Ph.D

SOCRATES: And yet, O son of Alexidemus... I am sure that you would be of the same opinion, if you would only stay and be initiated, and were not compelled, as you said yesterday, to go away before the mysteries.
Plato, Meno

Are you dwelling in the light and formlessness of the mysteries?

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: The Can Opener [Re: morrowasted]
    #20459180 - 08/22/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

the Greeks. :highfive:

the Mescalito tribes :highfive:

InvisibleRocket

#20459233 - 08/22/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:nojustno:

Offlineakira_akuma

#20459246 - 08/22/14 12:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

do you want me to help you out with something? you want to open up your can?

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#20459249 - 08/22/14 12:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Rocket, please don't post in this thread if you're not going to contribute. As you can see, this thread is not exactly the Utter Nonsense thread.

InvisibleRocket

#20459254 - 08/22/14 12:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

No.

If you will...

InvisibleRocket

Re: The Can Opener [Re: morrowasted]
    #20459263 - 08/22/14 12:52 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Sure thing :thumbup:

Offlineakira_akuma

#20459273 - 08/22/14 12:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rocket said:
No.

If you will...

oh i will, if you'll you know... shhhh

InvisibleRocket

#20459456 - 08/22/14 01:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:crazy2:

Offlineakira_akuma

#20459495 - 08/22/14 01:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

alright - honey i'm home, bend over!

anyone know their spirit animal?

InvisibleRocket

#20459507 - 08/22/14 01:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

LOLWUTTs...

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale