Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Loc: A Park
The problem that is wax, not really * 1
    #20451298 - 08/20/14 10:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

August 14, 2014
NORTH FULTON, Ga. -- As part of a drug bust Aug. 8, Roswell Police found several pounds of marijuana in a home belonging to suspected drug dealers. They also found 80 grams of a substance called "wax."

Wax is a new form of the old drug. According to officials, it is a concentrated form of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) called "wax."

Marijuana wax is more than 80 percent pure THC compared with the average high grade marijuana leaf at 20 – 30 percent TCH, according to police. It can be eaten or used in e-cigarettes as well as smoked.

Roswell Police Spokesman Zachary Frommer said wax has been popping up recently in Roswell.

"In the last couple years it's become more popular," he said.

Perhaps more concerning than the increasing use of the drug is that people are making it themselves.

"Home chefs are making it instead of buying it," Frommer said. "You can go on the Internet to learn how to do it."

Because the chemicals to make it are highly flammable, the process is prone to explosion.

"Wax is dangerous to make and to ingest," Frommer said.

Wax is also known under other names, such as butter or Butane Hash Oil (BHO). Traditional hash was produced by rubbing marijuana plants through metal screen sieves to separate the THC crystals from the plant. Wax is made by "blasting" a chemical solvent, such as butane, CO2, through the plant matter, then "purging" the solvent away. But these solvents don't just extract the THC, they also pull substances from other parts of the plant and traces of the solvent remain as well.

The trace amounts of solvent are one of the reasons many users refer to the onset of the effects as a "mule kick" because of the strong rush.

Wax can vary in appearance from a dark brown goo to crumbly cheese consistency.

Michele Leonhart, administrator of the DEA, said before the House Appropriations Committee April 2 that the use of wax is increasing across the country and can be extremely dangerous.

"In 2013, the THC content of leaf marijuana averaged 14 percent while the THC content of marijuana concentrates averaged 54 percent, with some samples reported as high as 99 percent," Leonhart said. "Highly flammable butane gas is used to extract the THC from the marijuana leaf, and has resulted in home explosions, injuries, and deaths."

But is wax still illegal? Yes.

Georgia law prohibits all synthetic or natural products containing more than 15 percent by weight of THC.

http://www.northfulton.com/Articles-TOP-STORIES-c-2014-08-14-204869.114126-sub-New-drug-craze-wax.html

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: Kman1898]
    #20451305 - 08/20/14 10:22 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Best part!
Quote:

The trace amounts of solvent are one of the reasons many users refer to the onset of the effects as a "mule kick" because of the strong rush.

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #20451346 - 08/20/14 10:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:wellidunno:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #20451453 - 08/20/14 10:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
:wellidunno:

Exactly how I feel after ripping some butane oil

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#20451709 - 08/20/14 11:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know how people do that stuff. I take a quarter of a baby hit of plain weed and have "voices" harass me and question every sin in my life. Then I hear of people ripping wax and don't dabs and I think, fuck I probably would have a legit trip.

Also what's up with this misinformation of every damn drug and the idea that if you know about it you must really like drugs. Some kid joked around saying he wanted to dab out and when he explained it's made by butane to someone I told him only the lazy fuckers or stupid people use butane. Another person said they don't support the research of LSD because, "that shit like, stays with you".

I'm sorry I had to rant.

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

Offlineinnerspeaker1967
Iced cooly beatnik
Male User Gallery

Loc: AUS Flag
Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: Kman1898] * 1
    #20452119 - 08/21/14 01:25 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

jesus they act like hash oil was never around back in the day

--------------------

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: Atrium]
    #20452905 - 08/21/14 07:30 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
I don't know how people do that stuff. I take a quarter of a baby hit of plain weed and have "voices" harass me and question every sin in my life. Then I hear of people ripping wax and don't dabs and I think, fuck I probably would have a legit trip.

Also what's up with this misinformation of every damn drug and the idea that if you know about it you must really like drugs. Some kid joked around saying he wanted to dab out and when he explained it's made by butane to someone I told him only the lazy fuckers or stupid people use butane. Another person said they don't support the research of LSD because, "that shit like, stays with you".

I'm sorry I had to rant.

How are people who use butane for essential oil extraction "lazy fuckers, or stupid people"? You realize that closed loop butane extraction is perfectly safe, and removes all industrial residues right? That's why this process is used by suppliers in legal/medical states for commercial sale.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer™

#20453102 - 08/21/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Best part!
Quote:

I agree!
But of course a mule kick is going to lead to a night of donkey punching, so this is very bad!

BUT!

If you notice, they say:
Quote:

Georgia law prohibits all synthetic or natural products containing more than 15 percent by weight of THC.

So shwag should be legal, right?

--------------------
Did you know the pen
Is stronger than the knife?
And they can kill you once
But they can't kill you twice
Did you know destruction of the flesh
Is not the ending to Life?
Fear not of the Anti-Christ

- Damian Marley -

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: ElVatoFirme]
    #20453196 - 08/21/14 09:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ElVatoFirme said:
Quote:

Unfortunately no....that's the law for what is legally considered a "concentrate" IE a felony in GA. That's right boys and girls in Georgia 27.5 grams of cannabis is a misdemeanor but .5 grams of concentrated thc is a felony.

--------------------

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: Heffy]
    #20453250 - 08/21/14 09:57 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:

I'm sorry I had to rant.

How are people who use butane for essential oil extraction "lazy fuckers, or stupid people"? You realize that closed loop butane extraction is perfectly safe, and removes all industrial residues right? That's why this process is used by suppliers in legal/medical states for commercial sale.

There are safer options than butane that don't just involve a blow and wash. Not as cost effective and require more work but the flammable and toxic parts aren't involved.

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: Atrium]
    #20453337 - 08/21/14 10:27 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jamesdnh said:
Quote:

Heffy said:
Quote:

Jamesdnh said:

I'm sorry I had to rant.

There are safer options than butane that don't just involve a blow and wash. Not as cost effective and require more work but the flammable and toxic parts aren't involved.

Toxic? What's toxic about butane? It's an irritant at worst, at least in the concentrations you'll be inhaling.

Also, you're supposed to evaporate all of your solvent off. If you don't, you're lazy. And if you just distill your butane (under vacuum even) then it won't be nearly as much of a fire risk.

If you're talking about CO2 extraction or something, fuck off. The equipment to make it is extremely expensive. Most people couldn't afford that, unless you've come up with some solution to make it cheap.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer™

#20453644 - 08/21/14 11:43 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Quote:

ElVatoFirme said:
Quote:

Unfortunately no....that's the law for what is legally considered a "concentrate" IE a felony in GA. That's right boys and girls in Georgia 27.5 grams of cannabis is a misdemeanor but .5 grams of concentrated thc is a felony.

That is bullshit.
But this is America, where in one state you can grow 6 plants, then one state over you can get a life sentence for just one.

--------------------
Did you know the pen

- Damian Marley -

OfflineLittleDaddy
Male User Gallery

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20453654 - 08/21/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've never heard wax called butter. Lol

--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer™

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #20453705 - 08/21/14 12:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Haha believe it or not, it is.
Usually it's the thicker wax, and I've only seen it spelled "budder".
There's a few different names for wax, earwax was real common for awhile haha.

And can't forget 710, which is the word oil backwards, flipped upside down.
Thought that was kind of creative, since there's also 420.

--------------------
Did you know the pen

- Damian Marley -

OfflineSTLove
Stranger

#20453708 - 08/21/14 12:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Was big into concentrates for about a year. Now, never again. Weed crack is what it is. Stripping all the lovely thing out of herb for simply thc. It's why blue dream nug, turned into shatter, oil or wax produces two completely different highs. It's nice once in a blue moon. But ill stick to plant matter. Even bubble bag hash, which few people even make still cause its all going to concentrates. :frown:

Edited by STLove (08/21/14 12:05 PM)

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer™

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: STLove]
    #20453721 - 08/21/14 12:07 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, concentrates are a different kind of high.
Even a daily herb toker should go easy their first time.

But what's nice about the bubble hash is, with everyone wanting concentrates, it's like 10/g or cheaper right now.

--------------------
Did you know the pen

- Damian Marley -

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20453752 - 08/21/14 12:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LittleDaddy said:

I've seen hash oil, budder, sap, shatter, crumble and honeycomb unless I'm leaving something off.

--------------------

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer™

#20453781 - 08/21/14 12:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Quote:

LittleDaddy said:

I've seen hash oil, budder, sap, shatter, crumble and honeycomb unless I'm leaving something off.

Honey oil, dabs, 710, earwax, goop, the list is practically endless now.

--------------------
Did you know the pen

- Damian Marley -

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: STLove]
    #20453788 - 08/21/14 12:26 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

STLove said:
Was big into concentrates for about a year. Now, never again. Weed crack is what it is. Stripping all the lovely thing out of herb for simply thc. It's why blue dream nug, turned into shatter, oil or wax produces two completely different highs. It's nice once in a blue moon. But ill stick to plant matter. Even bubble bag hash, which few people even make still cause its all going to concentrates. :frown:

For people that use weed to "get high" wax is definitely weed crack. For the rest of us just like with anything else, moderation is key. People going through grams of concentrates a day are smoking too much. This is excessive and wasteful.

--------------------

OfflineLittleDaddy
Male User Gallery

Re: The problem that is wax, not really [Re: ElVatoFirme]
    #20453795 - 08/21/14 12:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting. Just seems like it'd get mixed up with canna butter easily

--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals