Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Icyus] * 2
    #20199088 - 06/28/14 02:04 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

― Michael Ellner

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #20199933 - 06/28/14 05:43 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

― Michael Ellner

:highfive1:

--------------------
And thus begins the  reverse-fusing of our one-dimentional understanding, and adds ever-expanding perspectives, in depth and number; splitting our perception, and in so doing, seemingly irrationally, creates yet more one-ness, with all that ever was, is and will ever be, streching across the infinite, inunderstood concept of everything, percievable and not.

OfflineMuffinShroomMan
Stranger

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Icyus]
    #20218843 - 07/03/14 10:05 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone, and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The airplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say, do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. Soldiers! Don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you; who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don't hate! Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty! In the seventeenth chapter of St. Luke, it is written that the kingdom of God is within man, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power. Let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill that promise. They never will! Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfill that promise. Let us fight to free the world! To do away with national barriers! To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance! Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness. Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite! Hannah, can you hear me? Wherever you are, look up Hannah! The clouds are lifting! The sun is breaking through! We are coming out of the darkness into the light! We are coming into a new world; a kindlier world, where men will rise above their hate, their greed, and brutality. Look up, Hannah! The soul of man has been given wings and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow! Into the light of hope, into the future! The glorious future, that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah. Look up!

--------------------
"Mein Fuhrer!!!! I can WALK!!!!"

For every trolls head you sever... 10 more will spawn in its place.
For every 10 trolls you give advice to... 1 will listen.

Special thanks to shroompuncher for making the cool pic <3

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: MuffinShroomMan]
    #20222905 - 07/04/14 08:31 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If you dont understand it simply, you explain cant it well enough..

Nedd I to wonder of the infinitum of existential to word true existance in a way trancending reality. Yay, my sweet buddha, there is bread for the baker only.

--------------------
And thus begins the  reverse-fusing of our one-dimentional understanding, and adds ever-expanding perspectives, in depth and number; splitting our perception, and in so doing, seemingly irrationally, creates yet more one-ness, with all that ever was, is and will ever be, streching across the infinite, inunderstood concept of everything, percievable and not.

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #20265447 - 07/13/14 01:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Carl Sagan's view on science and government

be

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Hobozen]
    #20267127 - 07/13/14 02:45 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The Pale Blue Dot

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: maynardjameskeenan] * 1
    #20291731 - 07/18/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

"It is not a war, it is murder.

The incursion and bombardment of Gaza is not about destroying Hamas. It is not about stopping rocket fire into Israel, it is not about achieving peace.

The Israeli decision to rain death and destruction on Gaza, to use lethal weapons of the modern battlefield on a largely defenseless civilian population, is the final phase in a decades-long campaign to ethnically-cleanse Palestinians.

Israel uses sophisticated attack jets and naval vessels to bomb densely-crowded refugee camps, schools, apartment blocks, mosques, and slums to attack a population that has no air force, no air defense, no navy, no heavy weapons, no artillery units, no mechanized armor, no command in control, no army… and calls it a war. It is not a war, it is murder.

When Israelis in the occupied territories now claim that they have to defend themselves, they are defending themselves in the sense that any military occupier has to defend itself against the population they are crushing. You can’t defend yourself when you’re militarily occupying someone else’s land. That’s not defense. Call it what you like, it’s not defense."

-Noam Chomsky 2012

“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

― Malcolm X

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Offlinephantomanarchist
A mushroom detective

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: maynardjameskeenan] * 1
    #20331729 - 07/26/14 11:31 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I like this one by Friedrich Nietzsche because clarity is necessary for worthwhile communication.

"Whoever knows he is deep, strives for clarity; whoever would like to appear deep to the crowd, strives for obscurity. For the crowd considers anything deep if only it cannot see to the bottom: the crowd is so timid and afraid of going into the water." - Friedrich Nietzsche

source: http://thinkexist.com/quotation/whoever_knows_he_is_deep-strives_for_clarity/336894.html

This next one is just a general one that I really like, "Where there is a will, there is a way." It encourages perseverance.

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: phantomanarchist]
    #20333967 - 07/26/14 06:50 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phantomanarchist said:
I like this one by Friedrich Nietzsche because clarity is necessary for worthwhile communication.

"Whoever knows he is deep, strives for clarity; whoever would like to appear deep to the crowd, strives for obscurity. For the crowd considers anything deep if only it cannot see to the bottom: the crowd is so timid and afraid of going into the water." - Friedrich Nietzsche

source: http://thinkexist.com/quotation/whoever_knows_he_is_deep-strives_for_clarity/336894.html

This next one is just a general one that I really like, "Where there is a will, there is a way." It encourages perseverance.

:whathesaid:

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#20345190 - 07/29/14 01:24 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

"our biggest problems arise from the avoidance of smaller ones" jeremy caulfield

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

#20345399 - 07/29/14 03:20 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blankk said:
"our biggest problems arise from the avoidance of smaller ones" jeremy caulfield

:congrats:

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#20386539 - 08/07/14 04:50 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

"there are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still" franklin d. roosevelt/wilfred

OfflineJeff Vader
Ineffable
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa Flag
    #20420873 - 08/15/14 02:10 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

Khalil Gibran - The Prophet

--------------------

“With four hundred milligrams of moksha-medicine in their bloodstreams, even beginners
can catch a glimpse of the world as it looks to someone who has been liberated
from his bondage to the ego.”

Offlineel-legesh
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Jeff Vader]
    #20423919 - 08/15/14 05:52 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

But i have one whom i must please to whom i must be subject whom i must obey God and those who come next to him he hath entrusted me with myself he hath made my will subject to myself alone and given me rules for the right use thereof

Epictetus golden saying  IV

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: el-legesh] * 2
    #20425871 - 08/16/14 04:05 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Dreams are better, because the laws of physics there arent so uptight and nasty..

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#20433172 - 08/17/14 02:48 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"Considering the alternatives, I prefer self-employment to employment. After all, you usually make a lot more when you work for yourself and have much more independence. But my real choice is comfortable and creative unemployment."
- Steve Solomon

"Perhaps it is time the 'work ethic' was redefined and its idea reclaimed from the banal men who invoke it."
- Studs Terkel,
Working

"The United States desperately needs a public discussion that challenges the prevailing belief that a person's worth and social contribution can and should be measured primarily (or exclusively) by his or her income from paid work."
- Katherine McFate, "A Debate we Need," from Philippe Van Parijs'
What's Wrong With a Free Lunch?

"There is more for us in life than the nine to five work ethic and a life of clocks, finances, and shallow living."
- Tom Brown Jr.,
The Quest

"I would like to see people refusing to work in any job they felt was wrong. I would like to see work-dodgers: honourable and brave people who refuse to continue to feed this monstrous culture."
- Chris Busby,
in his foreword to Molly Scott Cato's book
Seven Myths About Work

- whywork.org

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Hobozen] * 1
    #20433955 - 08/17/14 06:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

“They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.” — Francis Bacon

“Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.” — James Thurber

--------------------
full blown human

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #20436138 - 08/18/14 07:00 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Penelope_Tree said:

“Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.” — James Thurber

Aye. Who shall I quote on that?

--------------------

Offlinesacredlife
Social
Female

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Icyus] * 2
    #20443089 - 08/19/14 03:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

“Philosophy is man’s expression of curiosity about everything and his attempt to make sense of the world primarily through his intellect.”
― Alan Watts

“This is a society, a world, a planet dying because there is not enough consciousness, because there is not enough awareness, enough coordination of intent-to-problem. And yet, we spend vast amounts of money stigmatizing people and substances that are part of this effort to expand consciousness, see things in different ways, unleash creativity. Isn’t it perfectly clear that business as usual is a bullet through the head?”
– Terence McKenna

Watts and McKenna are two of my favorite philosophers.

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: sacredlife]
    #20451672 - 08/20/14 11:40 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale