Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK]
    #20434954 - 08/17/14 10:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug

Posted: 16/08/2014 20:02 BST Updated: 16/08/2014 20:59 BST

Three festivalgoers have been treated for "serious side-effects" after taking a tablet they believed to be a class A drug.

Emergency crews were called to V Festival in Weston Park, Staffordshire, after the trio took tablets known as "Blue Ghost".
Staffordshire Police said: "Emergency teams have treated people this evening who took a blue tablet they believed to be ecstasy at V Festival in Weston Park. All had serious side-effects after taking the tablets and needed urgent medical treatment.

"If you see anything suspicious contact the on-site police or security immediately. Officers are investigating the incidents and have already seized a small number of tablets called 'Blue Ghost'. If you have taken any of these tablets, contact emergency teams immediately."

The crowd watching Example performing on the Main Stage during day one of the V Festival

It is believed the trio reported stomach problems, though none required hospital treatment. A festival spokesman said: "In association with the police we have been able to react swiftly to these reports and take measures to issue a warning in order to protect the safety of our customers.

"We take these reports seriously and will do everything in our power to support the police in their investigations to ensure the festival continues to be a safe environment for everyone."

The spokesman, who said the festival had a zero-tolerance approach to drug use, confirmed the three people had not been ejected from the site, adding: "Police investigations are focusing on the suppliers of any drugs."

This weekend, government scientists are being sent to the V Festival to analyse samples of so-called legal highs amid renewed warnings against taking the party drugs.

The Home Office is launching a national campaign highlighting the risks of legal highs including laughing gas, which was more widely used than powdered cocaine and ecstasy last year.

It comes in the wake of warnings from the Local Government Association (LGA) that authorities are seizing massive hauls of laughing gas cannisters - including 1,200 gathered in one night in Shoreditch, north London.

Scientists from the Government's Centre for Applied Science and Technology will go to V Festival in Chelmsford today and tomorrow to examine samples of new psychoactive substances, known as legal highs.

They are aiming to gather information about which new substances are available in the UK, and the latest Home Office annual report on the trends is due to be published today.

Organisers of the V Festival have had a ban in place on legal highs for seven years at both sites in Hylands Park in Chelmsford and Weston Park in Staffordshire.

Chief Inspector Jonathan Hayter from Essex Police, who is leading the police operation in Chelmsford, said: "We want to remind festival-goers that psychoactive substances will not be tolerated and if anyone is found to be in possession of them they could be prosecuted and removed from the festival."

The Home Office campaign, aimed at young people aged 15 to 21, will see adverts on the radio, online and sent to mobile phones.

It stresses the risks associated with legal highs, including nitrous oxide, known as laughing gas, which was the second most popular drug among young adults in 2013/14 after cannabis. Later this year the campaign will expand to target social and youth workers.

Crime Prevention Minister Norman Baker said: "All too often young people take their lives into their own hands by dabbling with so-called 'legal' highs when they don't even know if they are safe, let alone legal. Some of these substances are proven to be more dangerous than illegal drugs and it is vital that young people are informed about the risks associated with their use."

More than 350 substances once classed as "legal" highs have been banned by the Government. Earlier this month the LGA said it was "deeply disturbing" that many young people view nitrous oxide as safe, despite it being linked to a number of deaths.

Abusing nitrous oxide can lead to oxygen deprivation resulting in loss of blood pressure, fainting and even heart attacks.
While inhaling nitrous oxide is not illegal, council officers seized the cannisters - used to fill balloons with the gas that are sold to users for around £5 - under street trading regulations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/16/serious-side-effects-hit-v-festival-revellers-who-took-blue-ghost-drug_n_5684606.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecounter s
Boonga

Loc: Flag
Re: 'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK] [Re: D.M.T]
    #20435030 - 08/17/14 11:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Re: 'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK] [Re: counter s]
    #20435069 - 08/17/14 11:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

They may be mimics containing the anti-malarial Chloroquine according to someone on another forum. Supposedly tests showed this but I see no proof yet.

OfflineHardTrippin
The Ambivalent
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: 'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK] [Re: D.M.T]
    #20435327 - 08/18/14 12:24 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

They reported stomach problems but didn't need to be hospitalized? Sounds to me like these people just tripped out about their stomach pains and made a bigger deal of it than it was.

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: 'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK] [Re: HardTrippin]
    #20436379 - 08/18/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HardTrippin said:
They reported stomach problems but didn't need to be hospitalized? Sounds to me like these people just tripped out about their stomach pains and made a bigger deal of it than it was.

It wouldn't exactly be surprising if some people at V fest couldn't handle their drugs . . .

Nitrous Oxide IS safe unless you're a moron. Morons will always be finding ways to kill themselves. I'm sure there's a significant amount of yearly fatalities associated with putting knives in toasters to get bits of bread out. Doesn't mean we need to ban toasters and bread. As far as I know, as long as you breathe in oxygen and not give yourself unnecessary hypoxia, which BTW could be totally prevented if the GOV educated people instead of just calling everything equally dangerous and creating all this mystery and real world danger even in drugs which are actually totally safe if used correctly like N20.

Edited by XTCentral (08/18/14 09:02 AM)

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Re: 'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK] [Re: counter s]
    #20436766 - 08/18/14 10:35 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tstyles said:
http://pillreports.com/index.php?sent=1&page=search_reports&username=&name=blue+ghost&logo=&colour=®ion=2&sub_region=all&rating=&percent_rating=0&suspected_contents=&pp=10&pnum=1&submit=go

sick of the media spitting bullshit about drugs

Turns out these Blue Ghosts may contain PMA, which has caused a lot of problems in past:

OfflineAtrium
Cunt Tickler

#20437222 - 08/18/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Assholes selling PMA..

--------------------
The only thing about Chemistry I like is all the psychedelics that come from it.

The only reason I study Psychology is to have a legitimate excuse to enjoy Chemistry. :tongue2:

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #20437946 - 08/18/14 03:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tstyles said:
http://pillreports.com/index.php?sent=1&page=search_reports&username=&name=blue+ghost&logo=&colour=®ion=2&sub_region=all&rating=&percent_rating=0&suspected_contents=&pp=10&pnum=1&submit=go

sick of the media spitting bullshit about drugs

1- You can't always tell what is or is not in a pill based on imprint, or even a site like pillreports. There have been many cases where someone put out a piperazine / adulterated pill based on a popular (legit) imprint.  Pink stars suddenly get popular and gain a reputation for high MDxx, all someone has to do is press pink stars containing methylone (or whatever) and sell a ton of them before anyone realizes what's going on...

A site like this might have some value in establishing patterns. For example, I look up a particular imprint, and I see that either tons of people have taken / tested it, with all positive reviews, or I can see that many people have had a bad time with this imprint. One result doesn't mean much, but the patterns might be slightly more significant indicators....

2-  Patterns are worthless if they're not noticed. I don't know what you used as a search term, to get almost zero relevant results, but I just did a search and I got TONS of "warning" / adulterated reports on "blue ghost" pills. Furthermore, from what I've noticed, a lot of the people complaining about "blue ghosts" got ROUND pills, not ghost-cutouts.  Seem to be a number have been tested as adulterated. Some suspect methylone or mephedrone.

Here is A Slightly More Effective Search.

And a few individual reports:

http://pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=27062 ;   These pills look quite a lot  like the ones D.M.T. posted a picture of, above (but with some important differences I'll point out below.)  Round pills, pacman style ghost, scored on the back. Reagent tested and suspected methylone.

Supposedly (according to a user on pillreports) some of these pills have been tested by ecstasydata.org and confirmed to contain methylone and butylone, but I had a look and haven't been able to find any recent tests matching this description. In fact, I only saw one blue ghost (cut-out, not round) on the first 3 pages of results (which takes us back to October 2013).

http://pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=26588 ; Looks like the same pill.

Actually, from what I've read, the pic posted above by D.M.T. actually more closely resemble the "original" blue ghost, which were supposedly good MDxx pills. If you look at the link I posted just above, you'll see the differences. The ghost on the "fakes" is bigger, and is smaller on the real ones. Fake = ghost eyes are bigger.  Real = ghost has zig-zag mouth. 

Aside from the size of the ghost, the other obvious difference is that on the "original" press, the ghost looks like it's indented into the pill, the eyes and zig-zag mouth being raised.  Where on the secondary (allegedly fake) press, the ghost body itself is raised and it's the eyes that are indented (basically the reverse.)

But all that being said, the bad ghosts mentioned in OP could look like either one, or neither of these...

And to make my point here especially clear, the cut-out (not round) ghosts (many of which are supposedly good pills) have also been reagent-tested as potentially adulterated:

http://pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=32643

tl;dr

You really can't tell shit by the press. Although looking for larger patterns might at least give you an idea of what you could be dealing with.

Treat every new press you see like a completely unknown substance-- because it IS.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Invisiblecounter s
Boonga

Loc: Flag
Re: 'Serious Side-Effects' Hit V Festival Revellers Who Took 'Blue Ghost' Drug [UK] [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #20440082 - 08/18/14 10:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The search i linked was in the area of where this fest was held. Those blue ghosts containing PMA are not from the UK but from america.. Three people out of thousands complaining of stomach aches doesn't sound like pma to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder