Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: Mr. Alien] * 1
    #20397598 - 08/09/14 10:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

SGFC Tek says 3-5" of perlite, not 4......just sayin lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Alien
I will abduct andprobe your anus
 User Gallery

Loc: Star Wars Galaxy
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: PussyFart]
    #20397614 - 08/09/14 10:41 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Lol, well said!!. But i saw them using 1" of perlite or less. That site is like  :nomoreinternet:

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #20397776 - 08/09/14 11:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Alien said:
No i cant? why you say that? Are they posting with my account? Lol.

why would anyone post with your account about what we were talking about? it makes no sense at all.  on the post you made a few weeks ago i see under your user name it says banned on the description i guess. that is what i saw.

this is what i see. i would imagine if your banned you wouldn't be able to post at all. do you get that error when you login?

anyway, back on topic. im super excited to try the supercake with APE. im actually going to attempt to use it in the pf jars next go round to see if it speeds up colonization in the jars. ive read it does, but haven't tried it for myself.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/09/14 11:44 PM)

InvisibleMr. Alien
 User Gallery

Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: eatyualive]
    #20397806 - 08/09/14 11:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Haha yep i got that error. I'm totally fucked in that site. :lol: trolls R' us.

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
    #20397930 - 08/10/14 12:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Are they really that dogmatic with their grow techniques? It's like they're in the dark ages.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: TheEaglesGift] * 1
    #20398009 - 08/10/14 01:27 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheEaglesGift said:
Are they really that dogmatic with their grow techniques? It's like they're in the dark ages.

when you say things like this, your insulting many more folks than you know. i being one of them.  there are many members here and there and many other sites on the net. don't generalize. if you didn't notice yet, most of what you know on the internet about mycology comes from old hands. its just repeated over and over. you can access the archives there no problem.  i for one post on many different sites. isn't this about learning and sharing?

so lets get back on topic. im waiting on the cottonseed meal and then i can make the dry mix. ill usually mix up one big batch of it, then stick it in the freezer, using 1/4 cup per substrate bin. it stores easily. im sure you don't have to store it in the freezer but it takes more than a year if you mix up all of the ingredients into one big batch.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (08/10/14 01:28 AM)

OfflinePsiloBeast
Stonesun Wannabe
 User Gallery

Loc: The Wild
    #20398026 - 08/10/14 01:33 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Valid point man. I'll actually never say a cross word about other sites any more now. I do tend to. I guess sometimes I forget it is a fun, knowledge sharing world here on the internet. Some info bad some info good, assholes and kind people, mycologists and noobies. Thanks for that :super:

On another note, this recipe for cakes looks amazing man!!

--------------------
Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild animal or a god...
                                    -Aristotle
              A COMPLETE GROW LOG (ATL# 7)
                          BEAST STYLE LINKS
Water Extraction Tek,Frank's Monotub Tek ,Do What He Does...

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: PsiloBeast]
    #20398036 - 08/10/14 01:37 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I meant no offense Eeatu, my apologies.
:bow2:

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: TheEaglesGift]
    #20398042 - 08/10/14 01:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

its about sharing the knowledge and improving your inner myco abilities isn't it? i link across all sites. if i get banned for it, then so be it. but if i feel the knowledge is good, i try to share. whether anyone else cares to try, its up to them. but ill give anything a try a few times before i knock it. that's how we press forward "against the grain". there is always going to be backlash and negativity but if it works, it works. and if it works great for me, ill defend it and try to pass the knowledge along.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (08/10/14 01:45 AM)

OfflinePsiloBeast
Stonesun Wannabe
 User Gallery

#20398067 - 08/10/14 01:53 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I hear ya!

Some people are very closed minded and listen to nothing further than there own mouth breathing though. Stubborn, know-it-all pricks really. That's what kind of makes it a balancing act, not just I the shroomery but sharing knowledge in any forum or situation. People will always be people but I suppose if we can learn to be patient and open minded enough then it might catch on :lol: become a positive trend in this world for once. I'll admit, lately my faith in mankind has led me to be a bit sour. I was never like that but positive words like yours Eatualive kinda brings me down a peg or two. Seriously, thanks.

--------------------
                                    -Aristotle
                          BEAST STYLE LINKS

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: PsiloBeast]
    #20398812 - 08/10/14 10:07 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

At risk of getting on topic, Eatyu what would you say the benefits of this recipe are. It seems like obtaining some of the ingredients like the lakewater might be a little inconvenient. What makes it worth the extra effort.?

I am no cake guy so I won't pretend to be but, even a breakdown into how this recipe was formulated and why would be cool :smile:

InvisibleMr. Alien
 User Gallery

Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #20398830 - 08/10/14 10:16 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The natural minerals of the lake water. I like bee pollen is so good for our health and it also must be for mushrooms.

OfflineMastaBlastar
Ruler Of Barter Town

Loc: Barter Town, AUS
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #20398855 - 08/10/14 10:25 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, I just took a stroll thru that other site mentioned and LITERALLY THE FIRST THREAD was all about fuck RR and this site.  I don't understand the issue, maybe I just haven't been around long enough lol.  One guy was saying he added bleach into his bulk subs!?!?!?!?!  There was literally someone who was just like "man RR is good, but we have just as good people here.  RR comes up with something and people jump all over his sac...blah blah blah"  I mean its one thing to just say I think RR is overrated(not that I do, he is smart as hell and been doing this a loooong time, to not take his knowledge  IMO would be dumb)...but  :knowwhatnevermind:   

On topic, I was looking at using collected rainwater, I wonder how this would compare to lake water.  Maybe put a few fish in the barrel lol.

--------------------
Everything I have said, may say, will say, am thinking about saying and/or thinking/typing/dreaming/writing is in all likelyhood made up and has no factual basis in reality whatsoever, and is likely all plagiarized and copy pasted straight from someone else, so get mad at them .  Just a warning

Edited by MastaBlastar (08/10/14 10:33 AM)

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #20398865 - 08/10/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Alien said:
The natural minerals of the lake water. I like bee pollen is so good for our health and it also must be for mushrooms.

bee pollen is awesome. you know they call it natures food. it has amino acids, no fat and protein. its really good for increasing your energy before a work out. ill probably eat half the  bottle before i even make my supercake mix. lol

Quote:

MastaBlastar said:

On topic, I was looking at using collected rainwater, I wonder how this would compare to lake water.  Maybe put a few fish in the barrel lol.

it would be worth a try. one of my friends does the fishtank with growing vegetables on top like a hydroponic setup. i bet the discarded fish water in that setup could be useful.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (08/10/14 10:33 AM)

OfflinePsiloBeast
Stonesun Wannabe
 User Gallery

#20398868 - 08/10/14 10:32 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Excuse me...

...bee pollen?? No wonder bee are going extinct :lol: gotta try this stuff though. I'm down to try anything all natural like that really.

--------------------
                                    -Aristotle
                          BEAST STYLE LINKS

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #20398897 - 08/10/14 10:43 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
At risk of getting on topic, Eatyu what would you say the benefits of this recipe are. It seems like obtaining some of the ingredients like the lakewater might be a little inconvenient. What makes it worth the extra effort.?

I am no cake guy so I won't pretend to be but, even a breakdown into how this recipe was formulated and why would be cool :smile:

Look up SPAWNMATE. This is an old substrate additive that was going around the OMC back in the day. It actually worked very well. It was supposed to be a time released nutrient mix that would help during later flushes as well as speed up colonization times. I think its the same idea. I definitely see how quick the bulk subs colonize. I have had some bulk subs colonize in 3 days without supercake but on the best highest spawn ratio. But even without a high spawn ratio, adding this makes my subs colonize in 3 days on average. I think I once read that the heat from the cottonseed meal increases incubation temperature. It also beefs up my fruits on average. Its like each mushroom is more robust. I am hoping to see this happen in the Ape strain. While some of the APE get very large, id like to see the full flush be massive.

I just use the dry mix as a substrate additive. It works very well to increase the speed of spawn run and the yield is excellent. I see increased overall yield through several flushes.  I think someone said all the ingredients were used from ingredients that were for gardening plants. I'll take a quote from idiocracy "It's what plants want" lol

I don't do cakes either. I simply dump it in while I am mixing my substrate. I don't think the lake water is necessary to have success. There have been several times over the years that I ran out and didn't have the kelp meal on hand. so i did a few runs with some missing ingredients and it worked out well.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

InvisibleMr. Alien
 User Gallery

#20398916 - 08/10/14 10:51 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

i would like to see a teaspoon of gypsum in your recipe too!  :derfase:

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #20398941 - 08/10/14 11:01 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

actually
Quote:

Mr. Alien said:
i would like to see a teaspoon of gypsum in your recipe too!  :derfase:

yes but if most people add the gypsum to the substrate when preparing the substrate its essentially the same thing. not a bad idea. just make one mix and dump it all in.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

InvisibleGhatti
Totally not a Federal Agent
 User Gallery
    #20398985 - 08/10/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Aside from the pollen and yeast I'd like to see a nutritional break down. I have had good experiences adding small amounts of gluten into cakes before but it could have been a series of coincidences.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hipie3's Supercake Formula [Re: Ghatti]
    #20399639 - 08/10/14 02:01 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ghatti said:
Aside from the pollen and yeast I'd like to see a nutritional break down. I have had good experiences adding small amounts of gluten into cakes before but it could have been a series of coincidences.

do you want to volunteer?

ive also used this entire thing with a little coffee in the substrate as well. so i guess ill also be adding that to the mix.

Substrate Additive at time of substrate preparation

1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast,
1 tablespoon bee pollen,
1 tablespoon flax seed
1 tablespoon shredded coconut meat/flour
1 tablespoon blue corn meal
1 tablespoon coarse yellow corn meal
1 tablespoon of powdered/ground kelp meal
1 tablespoon of cottonseed meal
1 teaspoon gypsum
1 cup spent coffee grounds

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (08/11/14 08:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates