Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUser_7
Cyanoaeruginosa caerulazurescens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Secret Island Location Flag
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: User_7]
    #16715548 - 08/17/12 03:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Just found this. It shows Claviceps purpurea sclerotia that have grown on four different grasses. I believe my grass is Dactylis glomerata, so it would seem to explain why my sclerotia are so small. Before finding this the size was making me doubt that I did in fact have C. purpurea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: User_7]
    #16718742 - 08/18/12 01:54 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yes the second is claviceps purpurea and yes, the size is different depending on the host.

Edited by knarkkorven (08/18/12 02:00 AM)

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: knarkkorven]
    #16718846 - 08/18/12 02:32 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

knarkkorven said:
knark = narcotic
korven = sausage

:smile:

:lol:  That's kinda cool!

Great photos man that first one is  :awejeez:

OfflineFlashLightning
Rolling Thunder

Loc: The Sky
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16718882 - 08/18/12 02:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

gotta be a way to test alkaloid content per fungus with the right equipment

go searching man! find 100 and get a chemist friend to test each fungus til he finds the correct one :smile:

--------------------
"I deem myself blessed, in that I have experienced, however briefly, the existence of God. I have felt a sacred oneness with creation and its Creator, and -- most precious of all -- I have touched the core of my own soul. " - Alexander Shulgin :peace: :love:

OfflineUser_7
Male User Gallery

Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: FlashLightning]
    #16718989 - 08/18/12 04:27 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

knarkkorven said:
From my understanding the LD50 is really high, the damage from vaso-constriction and fingers/toes falling off is more an effect from long time use, like when they ate bread with ergot every day for weeks/months which cased death and suffering... I have eaten a few grams of these claviceps purpurea without any problem. It's slightly psychoactive in it's own... Was a few years ago when the eleusis discussion was hot on another forum and some guys tripped on ergot.

You ate some strait up? No Cold Water Extraction - wow, that's scary. It's good to know they're not as dangerous as everyone says. I think I came across the same thread, or other threads quoting it. The guy did a cold water extraction and said it was the most profound psychedelic experience of his life. So it's interesting that you only say 'slightly psychoactive'. I believe he claims to have only used 1.75g, although that may have been another thread.

Also that Krystle Cole girl from Nuero Soup & W L Pickard bust drank ergot wine and had a very strong experience, but that's made a bit differently and there's no telling how much she used. I was going to link the video but she's made it so you have to pay now, pffft!

Quote:

knarkkorven said:
I only wished claviceps paspali was available wild in norhern europe... (contains LSA).

LSA's available enough from other sources. I'm more interested in the C. purpurea alkaloids. But yeah - it would be awesome to have a local source of LSA. I'd love to find sleepy grass also, but I don't think we have it in the UK.

Quote:

knarkkorven said:
There are many strains of ergot with no or very little ergot alkaloids. Only a few are high yielders. Would be sad if someone infected a whole field of rye, harvested, separated, extracted and got nothing

Do you mean other Claviceps (I understand Ergot refers to all of them) or other varieties (as in var. purpurea and var. spartinae) or just from batch to batch depending on environmental factors and small genetic differences bellow the 'var.' level (like Gymnopilus junonius, sometimes containing psilocybin)?

Where do you find so much information about Ergot, you seem to know a lot!

Quote:

FlashLightning said:
go searching man! find 100 and get a chemist friend to test each fungus til he finds the correct one :smile:

Come to think of it I do have a chemist friend about to embark on a PhD...

:mushroom2:      :fancycook:    :lsd:

I'm off to go find some more!

OfflineUser_7
Male User Gallery

#16719151 - 08/18/12 06:24 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

User_7 said:
I'm off to go find some more!

I'm back, here are a few of my finds. A couple on different grass this time.

The most heavily infected Dactylis glomerata I found:

Only found one on this type of grass (I'll try and ID it and edit soon):

I'm pretty sure this is Ergot too, although it appears to grow tiny on this type of grass so it's very hard to get a clear picture:

Interestingly, they were all found in a very small area. Whenever I hunted anywhere else that looked promising there was nothing. Even further in the same field as these (these were on the edge, near a road).

Here's my thread by the way, although I've posted pretty much the same thing on both.

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

#16719320 - 08/18/12 07:35 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, use your own thread and don't hi-jack mine please...

I extracted several grams with wine. And yes, it's the same thread we are speaking about.

The potency and alkaloid profile are different depending on host and also from strain to strain (same species/variety but small genetic differences). The high-yielders of ergotamine are commercial strains.

I have researched ergot and ergot alkaloids for the past 5 years, read a lot of scientific reports and books.

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: knarkkorven]
    #16719332 - 08/18/12 07:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

knarkkorven said:

I thought he was just sharing a common intrest, he does already have his own thread going.  :shrug:

InvisibleFunki Porcini
Male
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16719334 - 08/18/12 07:39 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stopwhispering said:
Quote:

knarkkorven said:

I thought he was just sharing a common intrest, he does already have his own thread going.  :shrug:

yeah,you're a meany!

OfflineUser_7
Male User Gallery

#16721474 - 08/18/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

knarkkorven said:

Sorry, just thought I'd post them here because the people following this thread would be interested and there weren't many comments on mine at that stage: therefore not many people getting updates on it. Now mine has comments I was intending to stop using yours anyway...

Quote:

knarkkorven said:
The potency and alkaloid profile are different depending on host and also from strain to strain (same species/variety but small genetic differences). The high-yielders of ergotamine are commercial strains.

I have researched ergot and ergot alkaloids for the past 5 years, read a lot of scientific reports and books.

Wow, there are commercial strains? You mean like ones used for pharmaceutical purposes or black-market commercial? You have an amazing knowledge of Ergot, well done on the research! You said on my thread that Rye gives the biggest sclerotia and highest alkaloid content. In general would you say that the larger the fruit, the greater the concentration of alkaloids (per a gram). Are mine likely to be week because of their small size on Dactylis glomerata?

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

#16724065 - 08/19/12 01:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, some strains are cultivated by pharmaceutical companies. I think there is still rye fields in Switzerland and possibly Ukraine being sprayed with LGM in the spring for a nice ergot/rye ratio.

About size and potency from different host plants:

Alkaloids in ergot found on different Gramineae in The Netherlands

Ergot Peptide Alkaloid Spectra of Claviceps-Infected Tall Fescue, Wheat, and Barley

OfflineArdalanh
Stranger
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: Funki Porcini]
    #19970227 - 05/11/14 12:38 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I am a student at UCLA and I'm looking for a sample of Claviceps Purpurea, I have done field trips and expeditions but never could come across Ergot Fungi. If anyone on this forum could send me a whole Claviceps purpurea Ergot sample, I would really appreciated.

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: Ardalanh]
    #20258487 - 07/11/14 03:40 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I found some honey dew on grass today. Very sweet tasting, no wonder the insects like it and spread it... genius evolutionary step!

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: knarkkorven] * 2
    #20361190 - 08/01/14 04:45 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Some photos from today:

Do you remember the tiny larvae i found a few years ago?

I think they become beatles. And the beatles are just as fond of eating ergot and drinking honey dew as the young ones. I found lost of them today at two different locations. Lots of ergot had holes and parts eaten away:

Ants also like the sweetness. This one seemed to be a bit under the influence, it moved very slow and seemed to have a hard time cleaning his head with the front legs afterwards. Are there alkaloids in the dew? :

And the flies are crazy about dew. The last one can be enlarged a bit (hi-res):

Some nice photos:

Todays best photo! A drop of honey dew in hole, sparkling in the sun. Yummy! The first is hi-res, the second is just the drop in its original resolution (you can see the camera lens in the reflection):

If anyone is good at identifying Poaceae, what species is this? (2 different species)

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
    #20361557 - 08/01/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Beautiful pictures!
  :Awemazing:

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Loc: A Park
Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #20362233 - 08/01/14 09:05 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

That honey dew!!

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

Offlinespore baby
Male

#20366204 - 08/02/14 07:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by spore baby (12/14/14 06:11 AM)

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: spore baby]
    #20368460 - 08/03/14 11:10 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks everyone!

Quote:

Those bugs are getting high. I just know it.

On the other hand, I got a memory of seeing this with ants eating from a sugar cube when I was young, so it might be nothing else but a "sugar rush".

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Re: Claviceps purpurea from 2012, with nice macro photos of honey dew, insects etc. [Re: knarkkorven] * 1
    #20390789 - 08/08/14 07:25 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Some new photos again. :smile:

Flies on a party with their nice colored party costumes. They are all enjoying the honey dew :toast:
But it isn't a very nice party, I noticed some fighting for the best spots amongst the flies, almost like small birds around a bird feeder chasing away others:

The grass hopper-looking insect and the beetle are on the other hand very nice, sharing a sclerotia:

Some other flies sucking away at the sap:

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #20390817 - 08/08/14 07:41 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom