Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineToadstool89
Stranger
Re: Please Help Me! WBS spawn has turned brown in tub [Re: TheEaglesGift]
    #20319961 - 07/24/14 05:42 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Well the brown mold presents itself after I would spawn in my room in open air it would colonize the grains and I would see this light brownish  mold start to colonize the seed after it had hit the air this is what made me start spawning inside my still air room. I have quite a few bottles of liquid culture I can always open a fresh bottle and try it out if you think it may help cause I'm completely out of spores which is why I do the LC along with not having a flow hood for grain to grain which is actually what I would prefer to do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please Help Me! WBS spawn has turned brown in tub [Re: Toadstool89]
    #20321796 - 07/24/14 03:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You can do g2g transfers in a still air box.

Maybe it's time to try a new LC. It may solve your problem, it may not.

I think others would agree your spawn is to blame.

Keep us posted with what you decide to do, and how it turns out. I'd like to see this problem get fixed brother.

OfflineToadstool89
Stranger
    #20358973 - 08/01/14 03:31 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Ok just because I'm not so sure about it being a contam  I decided to do a little experiment I have 20 jars of clean fully colonized jars I left 3 open one in the still air room, one in my room, and one in the living room and then I spawned another 3 to bulk each one in the same rooms separately to see if I can pin-point the problem as a contam. I usually see this brown whatever it is 1-5 days after moving to bulk but always only after moving to bulk (I wanna stress that) it's been 7 days and the jars are actually turning a fuzzy bright-white and kind of caking up the stuff spawned to bulk however are not doing exactly the same thing, The spawn sitting on top of the coir is turning brown again but the spawn under the coir that I can see through the container is also turning a fuzzy white and caking up. Now my question to anybody who can answer or even give me a little more insight is.... Why is this only happening when spawned to bulk and only on the top layer that I can see? I know for a fact the substrate is properly pasteurized, I know the jars are clean, and even my experiment seems to show that this problem doesn't happen until the spawn touches the substrate so is it not a contam? my findings make me believe that it's not or if it is it's in the substrate but I can't see how that is

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Trusted Cultivator
    #20359012 - 08/01/14 04:11 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Can you get a tub to fully colonize and fruit?

Have you tried laying some substrate over the top so there are no exposed grains?

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20359190 - 08/01/14 06:56 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

How did you inoculate your spawn? If you're still using LC I wouldn't expect a different result.

--------------------

OfflineToadstool89
Stranger
Re: Please Help Me! WBS spawn has turned brown in tub [Re: Kizzle]
    #20360826 - 08/01/14 03:14 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Ok I'm buying spores I'm not fing with the LC at all anymore and I'm gonna do g2g transfers from this point forward I'll keep everyone posted on wether this is a solution to the problem or not

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Trusted Cultivator
    #20361117 - 08/01/14 04:24 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Make sure you use a still air box for your g2g transfers.

OfflineToadstool89
Stranger
    #20363758 - 08/02/14 07:31 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Oh without a doubt

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder