Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Fixed my video card! Mouse questions?
    #20240348 - 07/08/14 01:33 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have a new laptop with a decent 1 GB video card. I was only getting 50 fps on cs:go and my computer was immediately getting super hot. I didn't think there was anything I could do.

I searched Radeon in my windows 8 search bar and a panel came up. I changed the settings to max performance and no power saving. Immediately I began getting 150 fps at least and my computer doesn't heat up. I think the game was running mostly on the Intel HD graphics and not the Radeon before I changed the setting. Since I changed this I've ranked up significantly. The game is much easier with more fps. I'm now a DMG. Hope this helps some other computer noob like me.

Now that my computer is running smooth, I ordered a new gaming mouse and mouse pad. What kind of mouse do you guys use? What is the advantage of a high dpi? Fuck, what is dpi?

Edited by Magicman69 (07/08/14 01:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: New York, United States Flag
Re: Fixed my video card! Mouse questions? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20242781 - 07/08/14 03:30 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I use a Logitech proteus core. Dpi is dots per inch.  The fewer Dpi the more space the mouse has to move to move the cursor.  High Dpi would let you move the mouse 1 in on the pad but it would move 15 in on the screen.  Low dpi would move it 5 in on the screen

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
"Banana's emit radiation. In fact banannas are the standard in detecting solar radiation. The radiation read from a bananna tells scientists how active the sun was during the growing season. Make sure to steer clear of bananas too."
seekaytea said:
"I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin."
Wiccan_Seeker said:
"Your knowledge on male-on-male rape and willingness to engage in fantasy regarding the matter is commendable."
eminemvs.slimshady said:
"I want to know if they are active and magic or not. And if they are not active, can i pick them before they are active and then they will become active or do they have to grow till they activate?"

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #20242884 - 07/08/14 03:49 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have several mice.. A CoolerMaster Inferno, Razer Naga Hex, Razer Copperhead.. they all have adjustable on the fly DPI, so you can change it with the click of a button.. I suggest a mouse with adjustable DPI.

Example if you want extremely high DPI for twitch gaming (let's say run and gun in counterstrike)... then you want to switch with something with lower DPI for say sniping.. just click the button.

--------------------

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

Loc: tennessee
Re: Fixed my video card! Mouse questions? [Re: Shroomism]
    #20244381 - 07/08/14 08:01 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Love my Razer naga hex

Invisibleinfected_2

Re: Fixed my video card! Mouse questions? [Re: Sundrop]
    #20247255 - 07/09/14 11:24 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Check this for your mouse.  http://cdn.overclock.net/f/ff/ff5db758_11738_10151112867065817_281380021_n.jpeg

I'd recommend the logitech g400s.  cheap but high quality.  adjustible sensitivity is useful for when you switch to a scoped weapon and want to slow down the movement. Can really help to pick off those head shots.

Regarding your fps.  Can your screen refresh at 120hz or is it 60?  A 60hz screen will discard any frames over that which is why there is vsync.  You can even end up with 'tearing' of the screen when going too high. It can actually makes things less smooth because when the frame rates vary as they're loaded on screen, the left side of your screen can be slightly behind the right side causing issues.  If your screen is running at 120hz then set CS to match that frame rate in the console.  fps_max 120  (if i remember rightly).  if not then set it to 60. there is no need to have it running at the maximum framerate your machine can do i.e. 150.
That way you can crank up to ultra settings and easily run at a stable 60fps for perfect display.  There is a debate as to whether the human eye can even recognise the difference in over 30fps so 60 is perfectly adequate.

If you want a game to really test ur fps, get dayz.  That thing is a bitch to run even on decent rigs.

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: Fixed my video card! Mouse questions? [Re: infected_2]
    #20247355 - 07/09/14 11:52 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Umm, I have no idea what my screen refreshes at. The game seems to play 10x better since it has been getting a higher FPS, but that could be a result of the graphics card setting being put on high and not due to the fps. I'll do some research on my screen refresh rate though. If it's 60 MHz I'll change my max fps to 60.

Invisibleinfected_2

#20247589 - 07/09/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

chances are unless it's a really new/ good monitor it's running on 60hz.  mine's on 60 too.

OfflineRoselconee
Stranger
Re: Fixed my video card! Mouse questions? [Re: infected_2]
    #20256531 - 07/11/14 04:58 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Using A4tech X7 series. It has great accuracy, nice usability and low price

Jump to top Pages: 1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
608 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.