Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleextreme
Male

COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline???
    #20182829 - 06/25/14 02:54 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Title says it all, what game looks more interesting to you this fall and why?  I think I owned COD4 through Black Ops 1, and while having BO1 I also had BF: BC2 for PC.  Then I got BF3 for my PS3 and played that, and this past year I bought neither COD or BF games.  Now that I have a PS4 I really wanna get one of these games.

It looks like COD will take place like 40 years in the future, and BF is gonna be about cops now, I think the multiplayer will sorta be like a cops vs robbers type games.  Personally I really like BF.. like I think how buildings get destroyed is cool, and being able to control large vehicles like tanks and helicopters etc, and I like the really big maps.  The gameplay and "feel" to BF has always been something I like a lot.  Very realistic.  COD has more of an arcade-y feel but it can be fun too.  I generally like the way you rank up in multiplayer with COD, I like some of the little mission/goal type things to go for, and some of the killstreak rewards can be quite fun although maybe they've totally done away with those now?  As with most shooting games I'll probably play through the campaign once and then get into the multiplayer.  Pretty sure I'd just settle on BF if it was like BF5 and similar to the previous ones but just better.  I like present day army stuff.  That's why this is somewhat of a tough call... I'd rather be a soldier in Afghanistan than a cop in the USA, but I'd also rather be most things in present day than anything 40 years into the future.  I dunno maybe I'm helping answer my own question, after watching these 2 videos I really think this BF game will still be great.  Would love to hear all FPS gamers input on both of these games though, and what you do/don't like about the current COD/BF games as like I said I haven't played either of the most recent ones.  Please share your thoughts!!

BF:

COD:
Which game do you look forward to more?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/25/14 12:19 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleextreme
Male

Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: extreme]
    #20182845 - 06/25/14 03:04 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Lol thanks for picking STAL :smile:

Invisiblebudbud420
UNIVERSAL
Male

Loc: Queensland Flag
Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: extreme]
    #20182860 - 06/25/14 03:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i wanna boycot them.. I hate paying for the map packs since i only play multiplayer but i will probly try battlefield since i have never played it before and cod has consumed to many hours of my life..

--------------------

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Loc: New Mexico
Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: budbud420]
    #20183966 - 06/25/14 11:28 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Honestly, if you haven't played either of the newer games since BF3 or Black Ops you might not like either. I thoroughly enjoyed both series up until those points, but after that everything seemed to go downhill. BF4 had a ton of problems and still does, while CoD is still just the same old reboot every year. Honestly I've gotten tired of both series and don't even play many FPS games anymore since those two kinda ruined it for me.

Now I'll elaborate. BF4 was seriously just ridiculous. I hated the new maps; way too many guns were overpowered or underpowered; in conquest and other vehicle game modes the infantry to vehicle ratio is ridiculous, and it's impossible to go anywhere without getting blasted by a tank or chopper; it's also impossible to stand any fighting chance against vehicles since you have to shoot at least 5 rpgs at a tank to destroy it and stingers hardly ever work on aerial vehicles. If you can put that aside I'm sure you'll still enjoy it, as a lot of people still do; but I know a fair amount of people who stopped playing the game for this reason and a bunch others.

However, the Hardline beta has been alright so far. I like the fact that weapons are well-balanced, maps are more easily traversed without getting annihilated by rockets, and it's a little more strategic gameplay. It's not too different from your typical capture the flash or domination type of game modes, but I feel  its a lot thinking and teamwork involved in order to get the win.

It really just depends on how much you want to play the typical FPS game, but Dice has pretty much stuck with the "if it ain't broken then don't fix it" idea, even when it is broken. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineAtomos497
Stranger
Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: George Sears]
    #20186979 - 06/25/14 10:35 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i think both games will be the same old COD/BF. The new COD looks like its taking the movements in Titanfall - ability to double jump, run on walls. Both of these games will offer nothing epic

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: Atomos497]
    #20187448 - 06/26/14 01:07 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yawn......COD/BF? boring.......

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: Uzziel]
    #20188195 - 06/26/14 08:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I actually enjoy BF4 and I did not find the Hardline beta to be that exciting. It was meh.

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: Atomos497]
    #20188418 - 06/26/14 09:39 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Atomos497 said:
i think both games will be the same old COD/BF. The new COD looks like its taking the movements in Titanfall - ability to double jump, run on walls. Both of these games will offer nothing epic

Pretty much. And Titanfall itself offered nothing epic in terms of story, but at least had titans. I suppose the next bf will at least have cops and robbers

No more games will feature actual military advisement from battle hardened veterans will they?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Edited by imachavel (06/26/14 09:40 AM)

Invisiblebudbud420
UNIVERSAL
Male

Loc: Queensland Flag
Re: COD: Advanced Warfare or BF Hardline??? [Re: imachavel]
    #20197412 - 06/28/14 03:30 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

After reading this thread i had a look at some upcoming fps games and im gonna go with destiny..

I saw it advertised 12 or so months ago but i assume its been delayed..

I used to love halo up until halo 3

It looks like a good pick IMO..

The new BF looks shit.. And the new COD is gonna be pay to play all the way

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder