Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineerallen
Stranger
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: 13shrooms]
    #20164678 - 06/21/14 04:04 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Do you ever do a horse manure/coir substrate? If so, how did it go or compare with just the coir substrate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: erallen]
    #20164873 - 06/21/14 04:51 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i feel like you will get a million answers on that man.  its grower preference, and ppl will argue both sides till the bitter end.  Ultimately, you should try it urself and see, because opinions on substrates like this (not facts about them, but preferences for their use) are just words on a screen, u will learn way more about mixing poo/coir by watching it perform in a tub.  just be more careful about watching ur temps when u pasteurize with poo.

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20173445 - 06/23/14 02:10 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

while adding manure will benefit your mushies with a larger variety of nutrients TL likes to keep things simple and go with D5050s elementary coir (5gal bucket prep) tek with corm/verm only every time so you dont have to worry about proper pasteurization etc.    fast and easy, thats TL all the way  :laugh2:

:stoner:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: 13shrooms]
    #20670704 - 10/07/14 10:36 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

What size Jars dI'd you use and what size pressure cooker ?thanks

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: mrmrmrmr]
    #20670721 - 10/07/14 10:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Also how would you sterilize the polyfill ,would soaking it in iso (91%) and them dry work ?

InvisibleJosh.0
ConnoissurOfSorts
Female

Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: mrmrmrmr]
    #20670735 - 10/07/14 10:42 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

AA925X / AA930
filled with Qt jars

put your poly inside a grain jar and PC it for 20-30mins
may I ask why you are wanting to sterilize the poly?

--------------------
:trippinbawelz:                              :trippinballs::mindblown::trippinballs:                      :awecid:

:mushdance:                              :growshrooms:                                    :mushdance:

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: Josh.0]
    #20670753 - 10/07/14 10:46 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

That's what the OP suggested ?I bought mine from wally world

InvisibleJosh.0
ConnoissurOfSorts
Female

#20670781 - 10/07/14 10:54 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I see,
well if the polyfill is new right outta the bag/pillow theres no need to sterilize it..
fruiting tubs is not a sterile procedure..
if you have used the poly a few times i dont see what it would hurt..to just use new wads:shrug: or sterilize it :hehehe:

--------------------
:trippinbawelz:                              :trippinballs::mindblown::trippinballs:                      :awecid:

:mushdance:                              :growshrooms:                                    :mushdance:

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: Josh.0]
    #20670840 - 10/07/14 11:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Josh.0 said:
AA925X / AA930
filled with Qt jars

put your poly inside a grain jar and PC it for 20-30mins
may I ask why you are wanting to sterilize the poly?

because after harvest your sub gets exposed and clean poly is just an added bonus, better safe than sorry. 

poly sits on store shelves for a long time, no need to intro a bunch of dust and random who knows what to your grow space..  :thumbup:

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
    #20671046 - 10/07/14 12:28 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

So how are you sterilizing the poly? And I just got the indoor outdoor humidity/temp from radioshack ,where is the best place to put it ?

OfflineFragileBastard
Stranger
    #20672969 - 10/07/14 08:25 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I am very sad right now. I started using this tek last spring as my first grow. It worked amazingly the first few times. But since then every single tub has contaminated with trich. I mean dozens of them over the course of months. Not one single good mushroom but many many tears of frustration.

Here is what happens:
I follow all steps for colonizing 10 jars of albino A+, letting them consolidate an extra week just to be sure.

I bucket tek exactly 650 grams of (eco earth) coir and 2-3 quarts of verm (depending on how fine it is)using 1 gallon boiling water.

I spawn them into a clean, trash bag lined monotub (the exact tub from the photos in the tek) wearing sterilized gloves in a clean room with the AC off.

I leave the holes taped and maintain 68-74 degree temperature.  I watch the tubs colonize completely (my A+ usually does so in about 7 days)

Then i wait eagerly (with the tape still on the holes) while knots, then pins form. Everything looks great, then... Whammo! Trichoderma!

I dont mean a little bit either- the trich just explodes, covering the whole thing is snow white in 24 hours, then blooms green the next day.

occasionally I even get one to start fruiting before the green monster shows up but id say 9/10 of them contam the very day when i was ABOUT to put them in fruiting- right when the first dozen or so pins show up.

I have tried fruiting the same A+ culture invitro and it works just fine. Flushes over and over til its all dried out and still no contam.

Please, anyone at all. Words cannot describe my desperation.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: FragileBastard]
    #20673164 - 10/07/14 09:20 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

i understand the one and done concept but i have two tubs on third flush. ive pulled 5z dry first flush, also pulled 4oz dry off two separate tubs 2nd flushes. third flushes looking close on both tubs. if you supplement. you can get fairly consistent yield past one flush with coir/verm. even dunking boosts he yield in later flushes for me. thats only multispore were talking. clone has much better results. and its less work than making a new tub. don't get me wrong ive always done a huge 2 flush rotation. but since i have some time between tubs this round. i let them go another flush or two. and its definitely worth the wait.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (10/07/14 09:23 PM)

Offlinedodgem
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: FragileBastard]
    #20674575 - 10/08/14 09:56 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FragileBastard said:
I am very sad right now. I started using this tek last spring as my first grow. It worked amazingly the first few times. But since then every single tub has contaminated with trich. I mean dozens of them over the course of months. Not one single good mushroom but many many tears of frustration.

Here is what happens:
I follow all steps for colonizing 10 jars of albino A+, letting them consolidate an extra week just to be sure.

I bucket tek exactly 650 grams of (eco earth) coir and 2-3 quarts of verm (depending on how fine it is)using 1 gallon boiling water.

I spawn them into a clean, trash bag lined monotub (the exact tub from the photos in the tek) wearing sterilized gloves in a clean room with the AC off.

I leave the holes taped and maintain 68-74 degree temperature.  I watch the tubs colonize completely (my A+ usually does so in about 7 days)

Then i wait eagerly (with the tape still on the holes) while knots, then pins form. Everything looks great, then... Whammo! Trichoderma!

I dont mean a little bit either- the trich just explodes, covering the whole thing is snow white in 24 hours, then blooms green the next day.

occasionally I even get one to start fruiting before the green monster shows up but id say 9/10 of them contam the very day when i was ABOUT to put them in fruiting- right when the first dozen or so pins show up.

I have tried fruiting the same A+ culture invitro and it works just fine. Flushes over and over til its all dried out and still no contam.

Please, anyone at all. Words cannot describe my desperation.

How have you been expanding your albino A+ spawn?  G2G over and over?  Working with agar wedges? ...? 

I found that after many many rounds of G2G my tubs started to contam much more often.  I have read something long ago mentioning 1st, 2nd, etc. generation of 'strains' and how as they get further down the line the become 'weaker'/less resistant to contams. 

If someone else with more knowledge could confirm or bring some light to this topic that would be grand.

--------------------
Walk where you like your steps

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: dodgem]
    #20675067 - 10/08/14 11:56 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

This post goes out to anyone who can help me. I've poured over this tek (thanks so much to the OP for making it ) and I have some questions. For the spawn jars he suggests using silicone applied to a synthetic filter disc to put on top of the lid. Does this eliminate the need to put poly in there when you PCB the jars ? Also how far away should the fan be. My monotub would be in a small closet. I'm going to have a wemo connected to turn the lights on and off every 12 hours. I think I've read through each step enough to get the hang of it. With the saran wrapped lid ,if I have a  Lear I don't need to bother with that,step throughout the whole,process do I ?thanks so,much guys I'm learning so much on here and can't wait to start fruiting some mushies. My first strain will be golden teachers hopefully they turn out good.

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
    #20680810 - 10/09/14 05:04 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Is the saran wrap lid required for colonization or fruiting ?all other teks I've seen have used them but TL says it's only necessary if the lid is colored

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20680876 - 10/09/14 05:20 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

NO. Not necessary. Nor do you need to tape the bottom to keep light out. Just use a clear tub with a clear lid instead and a plastic liner instead of taping the bottom.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Offlinemrmrmrmr
Stranger
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20681245 - 10/09/14 06:36 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Plastic liner on the substrate level in place of tape correct ?

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20681262 - 10/09/14 06:39 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Out of respect, I don't want to hijack TL's thread, so just look in my signature for links or do a search for "liner".

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How TL Makes a Mono Tub (W/ Tips for a 1 Flush Wonder Mono Using Coir) [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20682103 - 10/09/14 10:13 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SpitballJedi said:
Out of respect, I don't want to hijack TL's thread, so just look in my signature for links or do a search for "liner".

its ok he wont be around for some time, life got in the way and he doesnt have time for shroomery.  I live near him and we are in contact but he wont be around here any time soon...  :waits:

hes all good just a different path in life at the moment.. :stoner:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #21668553 - 05/12/15 04:51 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

code_molly said:
What exactly would you say is the best then for spawn jars?

wide mouth anything that will withstand the high temps of the pressure cooker during sterilizing.

Quote:

PussyFart said:
The mouth of the jar is irrelevant for spawn, since all we do with it is pour the grains out anyways........

Regular mouthed (70mm) lids are best for grain spawn running due the smaller opening.  The smaller the opening to your receiving media vessels, the less of a path for contaminates to invade.  Every little bit counts/helps.  Not saying that wide mouths won't work for grain spawn running, because they do, but to say that the width of the opening on jars is irrelevant, and/or that wide mouth (90mm) is better than regular mouth (70mm) for the running of grain spawn in the matter of which jars are best to use as grain spawning media vessels is not correct.  Please don't be mad.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale