Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Day z standalone [Re: Atreyu]
    #20895080 - 11/26/14 10:03 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/145568104466458813

Quote:

Vehicles , first iteration. (Experimental)

I wanted to preface this, as we are going out with vehicles this soon into their implementation, only to be sure that performance impact is as expected and we can continue on this course. Currently the vehicles (as a feature) are very rough, however the underlying structure is there. Ranging from visual bugs, to physics issues. You can expect anything. We are aware of most of them.

Although the data for parts and some tech is there, the systems need to be configured. You can expect to drive the vehicle, use it for transport of you and your codriver from point A to point B. However for this experimental you dont need to repair anything and you can find vehicles easily. This will not be the case later in their development. We increased the number of available vehicles by a great amount so you can have fun and break them.

Many issues are part of polish that will happen over time. Some of them are critical, thus will have higher priority.

Please use our feedback tracker for any specific cases, with as much data as possible. It does help.

Now to the core of the problems that you can expect with explanation of each and every one (Most of the systems have been rewritten and the development time has been invested into having proper underlying tech for the modules of the new engine)

1. Animations

Wheels overturning is visual bug with animation source and simulation itself . Its annoying, however we do have to ignore it for this experimental. As for other animation bugs. We removed the move in/move out animation for the release and will fix the issues we were having with its implementation. The wheel and doors are animated however the visuals themselves might change.

2. Ragdoll/Collision/Physics

Most of it is tuning of all the knobs (weight,suspension,force, and a lot more etc.) and finding solutions for problems that are out of the normal range. The results can be go from minor to catastrophic, like, vehicle moving from shooting, player force moving a vehicle, not having right friction and sliding improperly,getting stuck and killing the codriver sometimes. But than again its just tuning (and that takes time). The system is there and its robust (bullet sdk). Some of it is rare, some of it is much more common. Just understand that it will be better in next few weeks

3. Damage system

The vehicle can be damaged , however its rather rudimentary and only a placeholder effect. With more advanced underlying tech introduced later.

4. Driving model

The driving model (sliding and general feel of driving) is again matter of tuning. The underlying system is there and it works well. But it needs more time and dedicated work for the feel to get right. That is a big part of our work on vehicles.

5. Clipping

Expect a lot of clipping issues with player gear and objects around in the game. It can range from minor to major issues.

6. Sounds

All sounds are placeholders before we set up a proper recording of v3s.

7. Persistence

Cars will be persistent in the future (once they are made of parts and repaired). This implementation however focuses more on data gathered from any desync or interaction with network code.

8. Crashes

Client crashes can happen, and will happen. Be aware that you can run the client with the option of -dologs to create crash dumps that can be attached to feedback issues. If you do encounter them please report and give us as much information as you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Day z standalone [Re: idiotek]
    #20895450 - 11/27/14 12:17 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Speaking of experimental....

:rofl:

RE: Atreyu - I pretty much always go in 1st person mode for shooting. I dunno... I shoot more accurately that way.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Day z standalone [Re: Shroomism]
    #20895493 - 11/27/14 12:41 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

What. :loldongs:

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

Loc: Metro City, USA
    #20895615 - 11/27/14 01:51 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

I've encountered some obnoxious strangers in that game, but never anyone as crazy as that video.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Day z standalone [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #20895684 - 11/27/14 02:52 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Just ran across this on one of those overflowing with loot servers...

There were 5 more other small storage containers in the other room...

Ran across another server earlier, that easily had 10x that much loot on those shelves in every room. Shit was OVERFLOWING like a motherfucker

Atreyu... those AKS-74U guns aren't all that rare from my experience... I pretty much run across one in every other barracks I find that hasn't already been looted.
The magazines though.. yeah those are little more rare.

Want to talk about rare.. M4 is now hard as fuck to find.. and the Smersh vest holy fuck.
I've found at least 12 heli crashes since the last patch and have yet to find an M4, though I have multiple 60 round magazines for it

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#20895703 - 11/27/14 03:07 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Killed my first player.  Logged on and a dude was in the same room.  As I drew and started blasting he waved good bye haha.  I just died arg  Was almost over to Stary Sober from Solnichniy.  Was watching a zombie chase a wild boar then it stopped and ran at me.  I wasn't ready for her to turn around and attack.

The police station I was at had a crazy amount of guns and ammo and the barn next to it had military uniforms.  I'm not used to this...  I have yet to find any yellow boxes, military camps, crash sites, or the airfields.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Day z standalone [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #20895723 - 11/27/14 03:28 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yellow boxes mostly spawn inside Fire stations... but you can find them in a certain house too, that has those metal shelves.. or actually anywhere with those metal shelves.

Crash sites are random.. 3 per server reset and they can be found randomly anywhere shown here of the possible crash sites - http://i.imgur.com/Q9LygCW.jpg - all on the west side of the map
But sometimes they don't spawn at all... I think they still share spawns with police car crashes.. if police car crashes spawn then helis don't.. vica versa... at least I think.

Military camps.. there's only a handful of them..
NE Airfield (which is now gutted)... NW Airfield (biggest one).. Vybor military base.. some barracks and prison in Zelenogorsk.. Green mountain.. Fairly big military base south of Pavlovo... Balota... and the new military base north of Severograd..
I think that's all of them.

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-chernarus-plus-map/ is your friend

--------------------

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
    #20895793 - 11/27/14 04:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Speaking of experimental....

:rofl:

RE: Atreyu - I pretty much always go in 1st person mode for shooting. I dunno... I shoot more accurately that way.

:lolsy:

Quote:

Shroomism said:

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-chernarus-plus-map/ is your friend

:zomgwtf: This map is definitely significantly smoother and less prone to going to shit on me then the dayzdb one...bookmarked

--------------------
Steam - Sufficient Dakka - http://steamcommunity.com/id/boidsandtoitles

3DS Friend Code  1994-0764-2796

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20895963 - 11/27/14 07:25 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

LOL!  Nice video..

I found one of those servers last night too.

InvisibleLySergic D
Drink all day and rock all night
Male User Gallery

#20896068 - 11/27/14 08:17 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah ive been playing for a few weeks now and have yet to find assault rifles and such until last night. I guess the AK i got off that guy can only be found with military bases or something like that.

The only military base ive found must be NE Airfield. It never has a damn thing at it.
Forget about heli crashes. Never found one either.

Mostly i rely on police stations for the good shit. Found a Mosin last night too but i dont think im good enough yet to actually use it as a main weapon comfortably. For now, ill just use my AK with 200+ rounds of ammo.

--------------------

Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Day z standalone [Re: LySergic D]
    #20896101 - 11/27/14 08:31 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The best thing to do is use those map links (izurvive/dayztv) to find your way around and head toward the western side of the map.  It depends on where I spawn but I usually go from Balota -> Military Base in the woods south of Zelenegorsk -> Zelenegorsk -> Green Mountain -> Military Base south of Vybor -> NW Airfield  and then I go east toward Severograd where you can then go north to the new military base and cave area. 

I haven't seen any chopper crashes in a while, over a week, so I don't know if they're disabled or I'm just having some bad luck.  Neither would surprise me.

The NE airfield used to be pretty good for loot but they nerfed it and removed a bunch of buildings so now I think it only has one measly ATC tower.  If you spawn up in the NE, you can gear up pretty quick in Chernaya Polana (look around the wrecked cars and trucks just outside of town) enough to get you further across the map at least. 

InvisibleLySergic D
Male User Gallery

#20896236 - 11/27/14 09:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I usually spawn on the coast and dont really know the names of the towns/cities i come across.
I think i know Eleckro though. But im not 100% sure. Nor have i found very many friendly people. Ive tried being friendly to people only to get killed. So for the most part, im gonna shoot anyone i see.

--------------------

Rock you baby to and fro

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20896495 - 11/27/14 10:29 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It can be a little overwhelming but those map sites have translations of town names and stuff, and once you find a road sign you can usually determine where you are.  If you can find a compass or use the sun to get your bearings, you can usually navigate with relative ease.

I'd be more than glad to help you find your way around to some of the more interesting places where the loot is good.  Seems like we have a good group of DayZers in this community that we should be able to eventually have a "DayZ Meetup," haha.  Bring your own steaks and Rasputin beers.

InvisibleLySergic D
Male User Gallery

#20896584 - 11/27/14 10:59 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Im down, hell we should meetup this weekend at a certain part of the map on a certain server. I dont have a mic though...

Either way, add me on Steam. My steam name is Marco Esquandolas.

--------------------

Rock you baby to and fro

InvisibleAtreyu
Never Ending
 User Gallery

#20896606 - 11/27/14 11:06 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I hope they don't fix  the loot "glitch", after experiencing so many bad glitches, this one is a real treat.

Last night I was 'bugged' with overheating issues.  I am not too keen on taking off all my clothes and gear to go swimming, hope I don't actually die from this. I heard it also makes you need to have water even more often now, which kind of hinders game play a bit.
How does one enter another into steam ?  Do you need teamspeak ?

--------------------

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L 

InvisibleLySergic D
Male User Gallery

Re: Day z standalone [Re: Atreyu]
    #20896628 - 11/27/14 11:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I figured we could all choose a server and meetup at some small village on the server.
:shrug:

As of now, im in this small town called Prigorodki.

--------------------

Rock you baby to and fro

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#20896687 - 11/27/14 11:31 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah man first time using the Mosin got me killed.  Wasn't able to shoot the charging zombie at close range.  They need to make switching to a sidearm much faster.  I should be able to drop my rifle and draw my sidearm or axe in close combat.  But maybe its because the zombies hit from so far away that messes up the flow?  I should probably wear a helmet instead of the boonie.  Also realizing damaged clothes is probably less protection....

Would be fun to all get on a server.  We should pick a meeting spot.  So we can get familiar with the area before hand.  All the times I die if I only had another friendly player nearby it could have saved the day. 

With the experimental servers.  If I switch to experimental mode, is it the same method to revert back to regular? Click a few options on steam then launch right? Do I need to make a backup of the game? I won't have to download everything again yeah?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20896738 - 11/27/14 11:44 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LySergic D said:
Yeah ive been playing for a few weeks now and have yet to find assault rifles and such until last night. I guess the AK i got off that guy can only be found with military bases or something like that.

Yes. And to further that, only spawn in a specific building - the barracks.

Barracks are the only place that AKM, AKS-74U and AK101s spawn right now

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20896750 - 11/27/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Corporal Kielbasa said:
With the experimental servers.  If I switch to experimental mode, is it the same method to revert back to regular? Click a few options on steam then launch right? Do I need to make a backup of the game? I won't have to download everything again yeah?

No you don't have to backup or anything. Experimental is on a different hive than stable. When you click the option to opt in to Beta, it will download a patch then when you login you'll be on your experimental character. When you do the opposite and opt out of beta, it will re-update the game and when you login you'll see all the regular servers and your normal character will still be there.

I'm down to do a meetup. Maybe today?

I'm Shroomizm on steam for anyone that doesn't have me already

--------------------

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
    #20896798 - 11/27/14 12:00 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Corporal Kielbasa said:
Yeah man first time using the Mosin got me killed.  Wasn't able to shoot the charging zombie at close range.  They need to make switching to a sidearm much faster.  I should be able to drop my rifle and draw my sidearm or axe in close combat.  But maybe its because the zombies hit from so far away that messes up the flow?  I should probably wear a helmet instead of the boonie.  Also realizing damaged clothes is probably less protection....

Would be fun to all get on a server.  We should pick a meeting spot.  So we can get familiar with the area before hand.  All the times I die if I only had another friendly player nearby it could have saved the day. 

You must've been real heavily damaged if a zombie killed you when you had a loaded mosin. It's admittedly not the best close range weapon but side-stepping their attack and taking 4-5 steps back should've given you more than enough clearance to fire.

--------------------
Steam - Sufficient Dakka - http://steamcommunity.com/id/boidsandtoitles

3DS Friend Code  1994-0764-2796

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale