Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

Dark Souls
    #20140427 - 06/16/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So hey, I just got murdered in some kind of demonic back-alley beatdown, so let's talk about Dark Souls. (No big spoilers please)

Finally bought this game a few days ago. I know it has a reputation for being unforgivingly difficult but DAMN lol. Actually I'm a little butthurt right now seeing as how my character decided to get his dick sucked by a curse frog 3 times in an impressive series of blunders. Consequently, what this means is that his total health was cut by 50% for each curse - leaving him absolutely fucked. You can actually buy a cure but its hard to save up when you die in one hit lmao.

But I already listened to like 24 hours of motivational tapes to fuel me through this adventure so it's all good. Going to make a new character soon I guess.

How did you guys like it?

--------------------
They say curiosity killed the cat...
Fortunately, I am not a cat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Dark Souls [Re: Dreaming Nomad]
    #20143211 - 06/17/14 03:24 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

it's a good game but to be fair I feel that you have to like that type of game before hand to reccomend it

i mean it's a brutal dungeon crawler, sometimes you have to exploit weakness to get through it

i put a lot of stuff on IGN though for boss strategies, so if you're stuck then well at least you didn't die as many times as I did..

I usually start pyro and thiefs key

usually the best bet

if you get stuck on any bosses I could give you tips!
The game is pretty hard considering no one does online co-op anymore
most people just hardcore PVP and invade

Edited by Konyap (06/17/14 03:25 AM)

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

#20143417 - 06/17/14 05:45 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I got it for free with games with gold just a couple of weeks ago. For some reason they couldn't patch it so I got almost all the way to the end before they did. Before the patch you got way less souls and humanity was really hard to get for someone like me who died a ton.
I had quite a bit of fun anyways.
I bought DS2 just a few days ago. I like it about as much as the first one. I don't like one over the other.

--------------------
It's all for the :lol:s

InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

Re: Dark Souls [Re: Eggtimer]
    #20145141 - 06/17/14 02:26 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I thought it was funny as hell at that part where you have to backstab that giant armor-plated boar in the asshole. I tried killing it with fire bombs, arrows, even backtracked and bought some soul arrow spell. I started to think it was invincible but then maybe you have to backstab him in the asshole nah no way.... And it actually worked I was lmao so bad he killed me and I had to do it again haha.

Thanks for the offer of tips but its just so incredibly rewarding when "VICTORY ACHIEVED" flashes on the screen after dealing the coup de grace on a boss whose been pummeling you over and over. I just came here to talk about the game in a general sense. It's frickin awesome. Really isn't a game for everyone though you're right about that.

--------------------

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

#20146108 - 06/17/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dreaming Nomad said:
I thought it was funny as hell at that part where you have to backstab that giant armor-plated boar in the asshole. I tried killing it with fire bombs, arrows, even backtracked and bought some soul arrow spell. I started to think it was invincible but then maybe you have to backstab him in the asshole nah no way.... And it actually worked I was lmao so bad he killed me and I had to do it again haha.

Thanks for the offer of tips but its just so incredibly rewarding when "VICTORY ACHIEVED" flashes on the screen after dealing the coup de grace on a boss whose been pummeling you over and over. I just came here to talk about the game in a general sense. It's frickin awesome. Really isn't a game for everyone though you're right about that.

I used a bow and it took forever lol.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20146825 - 06/17/14 08:31 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I got it because it was free on xbox. I only played it a little and already frustrated. :lol:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

Re: Dark Souls [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20147181 - 06/17/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone who's played through a good portion of the game will get this haha

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
I got it because it was free on xbox. I only played it a little and already frustrated. :lol:

There is definitely a very steep learning curve, they pretty much throw you in the deep end and shout swim or drown. But once you learn a few tactics like parrying/riposting and backstabbing and how combat works in general it becomes much more manageable and enjoyable.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20147230 - 06/17/14 09:36 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Ya it is basically just learning repition of the levels and countering. Can be very unfun at times though you never really get strong. Get better stuff but you scale into not losing as much hp. Even though you never get much.

I owned it when it first came out. I don't think I ever made it past the 4th act.

Actually I think it was the 3rd. The one with the tower and the fucking dragon that is impossibly strong. You hardly get any resources for bows or really anything. They made it extremely hard. But stupid hard at times. I like a challenge but I just sold it and never finished it. The same hard shit over and over gets old real fast.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20147257 - 06/17/14 09:41 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Take a couple hp damage from one of the "weak" minions. Might as well just restart the level.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20147303 - 06/17/14 09:50 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I got past the tutorial and am now in some grassy hilly area. I don't recall that in the game before usually just went to the nexus. I think. Dunno.
There are like 4 skeletons that gang up on me and they have such high attack speed and are stupid strong.

Haven't played again since. There is only so many times I can put up with that shit before I'm not having fun. I don't play video games to be frustrated.

--------------------

InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

#20147566 - 06/17/14 10:36 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You don't actually fight that dragon, I think hes just there to guard that tunnel from noobs. :tongue: Also yeah lol those skeletons are strong as hell, I think it's some kind of high level area. Not sure why they would link it to the starting area like that but you definitely shouldn't go there first thing. They kicked my ass too.

It is possible to get really strong.... If you search every area really thoroughly you can find some powerful equipment. There's even a blacksmith you can easily reach as soon as you leave the tutorial dungeon, and a merchant in the second area (undead burg), but he's hidden pretty well. Kill him for a badass samurai sword if you want. I mean I looted a unique great sword that can kill most of the small weak enemies in a single blow. It's pretty slow and took forever to reach the stat req.s but it is very powerful indeed.

pro noob tip: use a shield, it will save your life so many times. You can block 100% damage if you get a heavy enough shield. (Unless the blocked attack is greater than your stamina then it breaks through to your health..... Don't bother blocking bigass boss monsters....)

--------------------

Edited by Dreaming Nomad (06/17/14 10:40 PM)

InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

#20147615 - 06/17/14 10:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

But hey games are for pleasure, don't play it if it frustrates you. :tongue: Dark Souls is immensely rewarding and fun if you persevere though.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20147659 - 06/17/14 10:55 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Ya the shield is what you have to use. The game is mostly countering after a blow. Timing it perfectly and back to sheild.

I didn't know that about the dragon I tried like 100 times to run past it just smoked me in a couple seconds.

The buttons kind of suck as well. (Xbox)  it's so counter intuitive. Generally games are pretty predictable in there button patterning but this one Is so different. Which is weird design imo.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #20149787 - 06/18/14 01:46 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I played to Anor Londo and now I've had enough. I also got cursed, finally got it removed. Always used co-op to beat bosses. This meant I summoned someone hardcore and stood by while someone killed the boss for me. The game isnt that fun, IDK why I persisted. I guess I thought it would get better, somehow.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Dark Souls [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20149869 - 06/18/14 02:06 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

for the goat & dog's just use a sheild buffer spell

for anor londor use your humanity to summon solaire on the staircase and make sure you're light enough to have a quick brisk and roll

also you can get an invisible spell at the forest lake from a vender if you're having trouble getting past the archers

thats pretty much the hardest part in the game besides the new londo fight in which you need magic

but yeah,,,,,, DS2 is way funner and doesn't have any shitty fights but the pacing/feeling of win isn't as good

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

#20150448 - 06/18/14 04:23 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dreaming Nomad said:
You don't actually fight that dragon, I think hes just there to guard that tunnel from noobs. :tongue: Also yeah lol those skeletons are strong as hell, I think it's some kind of high level area. Not sure why they would link it to the starting area like that but you definitely shouldn't go there first thing. They kicked my ass too.

It is possible to get really strong.... If you search every area really thoroughly you can find some powerful equipment. There's even a blacksmith you can easily reach as soon as you leave the tutorial dungeon, and a merchant in the second area (undead burg), but he's hidden pretty well. Kill him for a badass samurai sword if you want. I mean I looted a unique great sword that can kill most of the small weak enemies in a single blow. It's pretty slow and took forever to reaich the stat req.s but it is very powerful indeed.

pro noob tip: use a shield, it will save your life so many times. You can block 100% damage if you get a heavy enough shield. (Unless the blocked attack is greater than your stamina then it breaks through to your health..... Don't bother blocking bigass boss monsters....)

I beat the first and second with no co-op so its not impossible. The dragon is actually guarding the shine of sunlight and can be killed. You just need a high fire defense and some good armor. You are best to hang by the steps and lure him there by shooting him with an arrow and take your shots when the opportunity arises. PS- he heals himself if you don't stay on him.

Another note, if you go under the bridge and shoot the dragons tail you can get the drake sword. A powerful weapon to have in the beginning.

InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

Re: Dark Souls [Re: Bretdaniel]
    #20159435 - 06/20/14 01:19 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

in what ways is DS2 more fun? definitely planning on getting 2 soon after beating this one. it sure would be nice to have an actual town, with friendly residents.... know what I mean?

finally rang the 2nd bell last night. that fire witch quelaag was pretty hot right? (get the pun? hardy har har...) I had kinda hoped her human form would survive in some sort of damsel-in-distress rescue type situation. :rolleyes: but seriously, isn't it strange they made her nipple-less...? i mean in a game as dark and mature as dark souls, you'd think nipples wouldn't be so taboo that they have to censor them.

--------------------

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

#20159471 - 06/20/14 01:32 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dreaming Nomad said:
in what ways is DS2 more fun? definitely planning on getting 2 soon after beating this one. it sure would be nice to have an actual town, with friendly residents.... know what I mean?

finally rang the 2nd bell last night. that fire witch quelaag was pretty hot right? (get the pun? hardy har har...) I had kinda hoped her human form would survive in some sort of damsel-in-distress rescue type situation. :rolleyes: but seriously, isn't it strange they made her nipple-less...? i mean in a game as dark and mature as dark souls, you'd think nipples wouldn't be so taboo that they have to censor them.

It might of been so they don't have to rate it adult only or something. Then again I think a lot of M games show nipples.

Being able to fast travel from the start of ds2 is fun. You can respec your character too.
I like them about the same but not finished with the second one yet.

InvisibleDreaming Nomad
Psyborg
Male User Gallery

#20159485 - 06/20/14 01:37 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

that could be it. now that you mention it, surely that played some role in it.

how far would you say ringing the 2nd bell is from the end of the game? half way? almost there? very beginning? I'm trying to refrain from looking up guides or anything that might have spoilers... not that there's much of a story to spoil, haha

--------------------

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

#20159524 - 06/20/14 01:46 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dreaming Nomad said:
that could be it. now that you mention it, surely that played some role in it.

how far would you say ringing the 2nd bell is from the end of the game? half way? almost there? very beginning? I'm trying to refrain from looking up guides or anything that might have spoilers... not that there's much of a story to spoil, haha

A little bit before half.
Check to see if you missed optional places before you beat the game.

Edited by Eggtimer (06/20/14 01:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals