Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Mass Effect?
    #20088822 - 06/05/14 04:20 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So I've played it before but quit because I kept getting stuck. I was trying to get further in the story but every place I went I would get rocked. It was right after you got your ship and I would go searching the planets that supposedly had clues on them or some shit. Anyway i could beat the parts with my main character alive but was often having my other characters die, I was told there are items to ressurect people but I don't know where they are or if they even exist.. if there is a store to buy them or what. So I'm trying to figure that out and if anyone had any tips for starting the game it would be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna try it again and see if I was just high and being stupid which is probably the case since I don't usually have problems with any games like this. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushroom_sandwich
semi retarded
Male

Re: Mass Effect? [Re: LordSenate]
    #20088857 - 06/05/14 04:28 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

My personal opinion for the FIRST mass effect is play on easy and enjoy the story then play real difficulties on the other 2. It's well known that the combat is pretty lacking in the first but the story is great.
2 however is perfection and one of my all time favorite games.

--------------------
“I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us."

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect? [Re: mushroom_sandwich]
    #20088968 - 06/05/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I think I had it on medium but near the part I was stuck at I had it on easy and it didn't make any difference. That may have been because it wasn't on easy the whole time. I'll give it another shot though once I get sick of Watchdogs. I'm pretty sure thats the next game I'm gonna play. I was going to play pokemon x but my 3ds is fucked so I have to send it in for repair.

Offlinemushroom_sandwich
semi retarded
Male

#20089010 - 06/05/14 05:11 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

make sure you're going to the snowy world first in mass effect

--------------------
“I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us."

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#20089187 - 06/05/14 06:01 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

After I get the ship or whatever? Alright, I don't remember shit but I'm loading it up right now and starting over

Offlinemushroom_sandwich
semi retarded
Male

#20089327 - 06/05/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

yeah after you get the ship

--------------------

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#20089447 - 06/05/14 06:42 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, i didn't know the PC version didn't have controller support.. That sucks, if the mouse I use laying down wasnt so wonky id just play with keyboard and mouse, I guess ill have to use the 360 version

Invisiblenewageshaman
Amateur Ethnobotanist
Male

#20089603 - 06/05/14 07:24 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The whole mass effect series was absolutely astounding, In the first one after you do the snow storm planet it ends up getting a fair bit easier. The other games in the series are more user friendly though, and i love how you can follow on from each game.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Mass Effect? [Re: newageshaman]
    #20090168 - 06/05/14 09:30 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Just play it on easy for sure.  the first mass effect was a pain in the ass in combat.  I rocked the game playing as a soldier since I could just uber weapon and armor up, but when I tried to play as one of the caster style classes I would get rocked over and over and over, even on fights that should hve been fairly easy.

This is on the xbox 360 with a controller of course.  IMO a mouse and keyboard would make that game harder.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#20091615 - 06/06/14 06:28 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, this game is awesome. The reason I was stuck was because I didn't go to that planet you mentioned first and I was getting annihilated. I had a little trouble here and there still but for the most part it's not that bad. The game is pretty addictive. Ended up playing it way longer than I anticipated. Glad I finally broke it back out to play again. I went with the 360 version so I could use the controller.

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

Loc: Metro City, USA
    #20094177 - 06/06/14 07:11 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Played through all three using the Vanguard class, definitely a powerhouse IMO. I haven't played the first one in like five years, but I do vaguely remember the combat being really frustrating. Great fucking series though, one of my all time favorites.

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect? [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #20094637 - 06/06/14 09:39 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah its really not so bad on easy. Maybe I'll have more issues later on but it seems to be working alright. It definitely isn't as great as what it could be as far as the combat goes but I keep hearing it gets improved a lot in 2 so I'll stick with it. The game is still pretty solid I think and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Hard to stop playing it. I had to force a break to play another game for a bit or something so I don't get sick of it. But I'll be playing it again shortly.

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

Loc: Metro City, USA
    #20094959 - 06/06/14 11:40 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah 2 has way better combat mechanics. The thing I really liked about the first one though is that you can land on almost every planet and explore it in that cool tank thing.

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect? [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #20094962 - 06/06/14 11:50 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I did that at first when I started playing until I started getting annihilated, I guess I was in the wrong spots though or not high enough lvl. Either way it seems to be running good now, aside from the few problems with combat where it gets all wonky and I die super fast despite not ever having a problem prior, but a reload and doing things a bit different always seems to fix that. That has only happened once or twice I think anyways.

Offlinemushroom_sandwich
semi retarded
Male

#20097929 - 06/07/14 09:20 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

ME2 is IMO the best in the series easily.

The last level is just omg..

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20097956 - 06/07/14 09:32 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I loved this entire series.  Combat was def screwy and balanced a bit wierd too in the first one.

Second one had some epic epic stuff.  Third was the best as far as its engine and graphics combat  IMO.  I felt it was on par or just a hair beind the second when it came to story and plot.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Mass Effect? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #20103457 - 06/09/14 03:21 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Well this is from a guy that tries to get the most of a series of games. Especially one that can link up together through games, that's just killer. So i went into 1 fully absorbed and ready, because i had just bought the trilogy. And after playing through the game and trying to get everything and really trying my hardest to do my best ( i want to say on medium, and yes, i was one of the caster classes, and at times i wanted to take that fucking disc out and take a great big shite on it, and then burn it, and then blow it up ) well,

honestly, and i'm only about 3 hours into the second, but DON'T play through 1 with THAT much emphasis on growing and being the best. Throw that shit on Easy, and play through to have fun, and absorb the story and surroundings. 2 is similar enough, i know a lot of people have said different, but it was similar enough for me that when (bleeped out for spoilers sake) and then the Normandy (bleeped out for spoilers sake) and (bleeped out for spoilers sake), and then you throw in the second and it's what it is, well.. don't waste too much time on 1, get the story and get the fuck out.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Edited by Hrethic (06/09/14 03:24 AM)

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mass Effect? [Re: Hrethic]
    #20103670 - 06/09/14 05:04 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I'm pretty damn good at shooter and combat oriented games and I had to play the first one as a soldier class.  I wrecked house that way, but when I tried the weaker classes that are caster types just the way the abilities worked on a controller just wasnt effective enough for me and I died a shit ton.  I played through on normal, but only as a soldier.  If you start having problems for sure play i ton easy because the story and play is the same, just easier to enjoy.

The later games are a lot more balanced out and you will most likely be able to leave the settings on normal and play any class you want.

The story and depth of the series is epic and amazing.  One of the best series ive played in a long time.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #20103695 - 06/09/14 05:22 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

what all carries over from the games? I know decisions carry over and whatever and I think the minerals you survey carry over? I believe I read they are used later on or some shit for war or something. My memory may be faulty.. But I've been doing all the side quests and stuff and I want to make sure I don't overstay my welcome in the game. I ended up getting back to the main story just before stopping tonight. But I'm way further in than I was when I was stuck last time. i probably have a lot further to go. Actually I just beat the part I was stuck on before (after doing the world that was suggested earlier in the thread). I grabbed the last playable character thats in this game(I think anyway), that one matrons daughter or whatever.

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
    #20103974 - 06/09/14 07:58 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Muhahaha I beat both mass effect 1&2 on the hardest difficulties and that was like a walk in the park in comparison to older games I've played.

Quote:

mushroom_sandwich said:
ME2 is IMO the best in the series easily.

The last level is just omg..

YES YES YES THAT LAST LEVEL WAS LIKE WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!!!! I still need to play the third one though :sadyes: I heard it wasn't that great

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
1,479 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.