Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Tangiers
    #20053573 - 05/28/14 09:52 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Check this oddball trippy looking game thats on kickstarter right now.

Article about it on PCgamer.
---------------------------------------------------------
Tangiers trailer teases the strangest stealth you've ever seen

The new trailer for Tangiers, the surreal stealth game that was successfully Kickstarted last summer, uses alpha footage and is thus liable to change, so the disclaimer states. I hope it doesn't change too much; I have no idea what's going on here, but whatever it is, I really want to play it.

Tangiers, according to its website, is a "love letter to the darker avant-garde of the 20th century. A world built in the shadow of Burroughs, Ballard, Dada, Early Industrial and many, many others. Navigate a dying landscape searching for shards of a broken city. Steal language, re-use and corrupt it to further your goals. Journey through a fragile reality where careless actions will direct the world to fragment and rebuild itself."

Get that? I sure didn't, but I do find the rather more mundane description of Tangiers as having "more in common with the emergent 'immersive sim' gameplay of Thief or Deus Ex" intriguing and exciting. I suspect that both the steampunk world of Thief and the augmented near-future of Deus Ex will seem entirely conventional next to a game in which players "steal language, re-using it to spread disinformation and to further your goals," but that's part of the attraction, isn't it?

Tangiers, which recently got the Greenlight on Steam, is slated to come out later this year for Windows, Linux and Mac.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/28/tangiers-trailer-teases-the-strangest-stealth-youve-ever-seen/

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom