Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery

NES Nintendo
    #20041153 - 05/26/14 01:29 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking of buying people's broken NES Nintendo systems and repairing them to resell.  Maybe buy for $10-15 and sell for $99 with 2 controllers, game console, IR gun, some games.  Good idea?:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMasticore
Perpetually Curious
Male User Gallery

Re: NES Nintendo [Re: encryptor]
    #20041515 - 05/26/14 05:40 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If you can find a good supply, and buyers, yes. If you know how to repair those systems you could probably make some money doing that. The speedrunning community has been gaining a lot of traction, and traditionally you need to be playing on the original system if you want to learn to compete. Plus there will always be game collectors, and people who will impulse buy out of nostalgia. I mean, I kinda want one now.

--------------------
Treat my posts like the Bible. I am fallible, subject to human limitation, and usually open to interpretation.

Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery

Re: NES Nintendo [Re: Masticore]
    #20041866 - 05/26/14 08:24 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I've been having fun with Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Ghost & Goblins.  I find all the cheats online.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #20043090 - 05/26/14 02:24 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

my copy of ghost and goblins was cleaned with like water or something so the headings lost the lubrication stuff that made sure it conducted right, most of the NES games I have are like that.

still a working NES system is pretty cool because 3rd party systems can't really do the sound right for some reason being the sound chip is copyrighted

Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery

Re: NES Nintendo [Re: Konyap]
    #20050147 - 05/28/14 05:52 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

yeah man, emulators are only best attempts at getting game working correctly.  I used rubbing alcohol on the game contacts.  I hear a dry eraser would work well too.

OfflinePRE66 6TART
Push start to continue
Male User Gallery

#20050595 - 05/28/14 09:13 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I couldnt live without a working NES. $99 seems steep, but I might pay extra if I could be convinced it was in better shape than other ones that are available. I think there will always be a devoted following, and I assume there are less working units in the world every day, so someone will need repair them.

Edit: actually $99 isn't bad if it includes working controllers and a gun, and games, although I probably wouldn't need games. Another thing I've noticed is the d-pad on my controllers aren't working as well as they used to. Could that be repaired also?

Edited by PRE66 6TART (05/28/14 09:28 AM)

InvisiblecApTaInCrAp
Delightfullyexcellent
 User Gallery

Re: NES Nintendo [Re: PRE66 6TART]
    #20076766 - 06/03/14 03:14 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Not a bad idea, I recently bought a generic system that plays both Super and NES. 

I like collecting old games, haven't picked up any super tho..I'd like to get some FinalFantasys.

I've since picked up..

Snake rattle N roll, bubble bobble, Micro-machines, Super off-road, Mario 2 and Rampage.  Those games average bout $20 a piece so $99 for a NES setup isn't too crazy.

I would love to get my hands on some original controllers because these fake ones kinda suk.

--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
459 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.