Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Loc: New Mexico
Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin
    #19962704 - 05/09/14 08:05 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all, just letting you guys know about this offer Origin has going on on their website. I don't know how many of you would be interested or how many have already passed and played this through, but PvZ is Origin's "On the House" game this month. I figured its always nice to have free stuff so here's the link for you guys to go download it:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/on-the-house

Please note that you'll need to have an Origin account and have Origin installed on your computer to redeem and download this. Happy zombie killing!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin [Re: George Sears]
    #19962801 - 05/09/14 08:52 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:nice:

Wow that isn't a smilely? wtf.

:randy:

This is definitely a fun lil game.... I had a lot more fun playing it than I thought I would!

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Re: Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin [Re: Uzziel]
    #19964074 - 05/09/14 03:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah it's definitely must-have in your game library, so I figured I'd share with everyone else here. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #19965469 - 05/09/14 09:30 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Is it FREE FOREVER FREE, or like free for X time frame then it stops working or something like how steam does it?

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin [Re: mndfreeze]
    #19965629 - 05/09/14 10:24 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

My cracked copy was free forever :laugh:

but yeah it's probably free forever I imagine.... Plants vs Zombies 2 is out now (DONT FUCKING PLAY IT- EA FUCKING RUINED IT!!! I am not joking.. what a fucking piece of shit micro-trans FUCKSHITFUCK game) I thought I would like it because I love PvZ 1, but they fucking destroyed 2.

PvZ is definitely fun and interesting. Good time killer phone game. I've beaten it like 6 times

--------------------

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

#19965703 - 05/09/14 10:51 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Is it FREE FOREVER FREE, or like free for X time frame then it stops working or something like how steam does it?

Yup, forever free. If you click the link it explains that. All you do is confirm the "purchase" on origin and you can download it from their client at any time. Then play to your heart's content.
:heytherebadboy:

--------------------

Edited by George Sears (05/09/14 10:52 PM)

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #19965709 - 05/09/14 10:53 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet.  I'm at work so I cant clicky click here, but I will when I get home.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: New York, United States Flag
    #19966482 - 05/10/14 05:40 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I think the promo lasts till the 28th of May. And yes, they RUINED PvZ2. I don't mind paying a couple dollars for the game especially if its good. I drop more on steam in a week. But if you MAKE me buy your "special currency", you can shove that where the sun don't shine. And it isn't a one time payment either. If you use up whatever thing you're using, you gotta buy more.
Fuck you EA, All hail Gaben!

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
"Banana's emit radiation. In fact banannas are the standard in detecting solar radiation. The radiation read from a bananna tells scientists how active the sun was during the growing season. Make sure to steer clear of bananas too."
seekaytea said:
"I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin."
Wiccan_Seeker said:
"Your knowledge on male-on-male rape and willingness to engage in fantasy regarding the matter is commendable."
eminemvs.slimshady said:
"I want to know if they are active and magic or not. And if they are not active, can i pick them before they are active and then they will become active or do they have to grow till they activate?"

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin [Re: rew736]
    #19966937 - 05/10/14 09:38 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'll have to check out PvZ 2 and see why you guys think it is ruined. 2 People saying it was bad? That sucks. I really liked PvZ.

Oh well. There is a reason why I "borrow" games before I buy them, lol.

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

#19967309 - 05/10/14 11:22 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I agree with what these guys said; PvZ2 was terrible. I made it through like 15 levels before I realized that it was just a ridiculous money grab by EA and deleted the app from my phone. It's annoying that almost every F2P model out there is either "pay-to-succeed" or "grind-for-weeks-to-succeed". PvZ2 is a little different, but not much. I mean, you could get through a lot of the game without paying a cent, but the fact that they push the iAP on practically EVERYTHING in the game makes it really annoying to play knowing that you have to pay before you can get any kind of advantage in the game.

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#19967334 - 05/10/14 11:28 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

So what is wrong with PvZ2? Everyone says it sucks, but why? What is different about it?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19968164 - 05/10/14 02:39 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You have to buy the "special" plants. IIRC it's like $2.99 or $3.99 each. Like the flamethrower, the peadpod gatling gun ..etc... all the shit you unlock for free in PvZ 1.... in 2 you have to pay cash money to unlock them. If I also remember, they also added something to do with "keys" and you could buy keys to access certain new areas, or grind like crazy to eventually unlock it, I THINK. The kicker is that it's almost impossible to beat the later levels in the game without the special plants. They just made the entire game Pay to Win. You CAN progress without the special plants / buying keys and stuff.. but it gets harder and harder without them. They pretty much force you to want to have to buy everything. I played it for a few hours, was absolutely disgusted by it and fucking deleted it. Fucking EA.

PvZ 1 - Fun game.
PvZ 2 - EA money grab

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin [Re: Shroomism]
    #19968277 - 05/10/14 03:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Wow that IS fucking garbage. I was wondering what could possibly ruin the game to where everyone hates it - yeah, what the fuck. I would never pay for that shit.

Gay.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19968306 - 05/10/14 03:15 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I mean sure, if you want to pay like $25-40 or whatever (I didn't count) to unlock everything, then it might be fun.

I said fuck them and after playing their P2W version I downloaded a cracked version with everything unlocked and unlimited gold and powerups or whatever. Oh yeah you can buy "powerups" too. I still think I like PVZ 1 more.

--------------------

OfflineBambi
Friendly Forrest Animal
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19968471 - 05/10/14 04:08 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
You have to buy the "special" plants. IIRC it's like $2.99 or $3.99 each. Like the flamethrower, the peadpod gatling gun ..etc... all the shit you unlock for free in PvZ 1.... in 2 you have to pay cash money to unlock them. If I also remember, they also added something to do with "keys" and you could buy keys to access certain new areas, or grind like crazy to eventually unlock it, I THINK. The kicker is that it's almost impossible to beat the later levels in the game without the special plants. They just made the entire game Pay to Win. You CAN progress without the special plants / buying keys and stuff.. but it gets harder and harder without them. They pretty much force you to want to have to buy everything. I played it for a few hours, was absolutely disgusted by it and fucking deleted it. Fucking EA.

PvZ 1 - Fun game.
PvZ 2 - EA money grab

I beat it relatively easy without paying a cent :shrug:    yeah it was money grab orientated, but not even close to needing to buy anything at all.

still isnt great, but it wasnt a bad time killer and the keys you just have to beat the mini boss in each level chain... simple

--------------------

"I want to read, talk with my friends via the computer, and enjoy my life now that people know I'm not dead. " -Rom Houben

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Plants VS Zombies Free on Origin [Re: Bambi]
    #19969627 - 05/10/14 09:37 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance then.. but still...  it pissed me off the way they did it.

--------------------

Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

#19971224 - 05/11/14 09:42 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

The epitome of why EA is evil.

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
"Banana's emit radiation. In fact banannas are the standard in detecting solar radiation. The radiation read from a bananna tells scientists how active the sun was during the growing season. Make sure to steer clear of bananas too."
seekaytea said:
"I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin."
Wiccan_Seeker said:
"Your knowledge on male-on-male rape and willingness to engage in fantasy regarding the matter is commendable."
eminemvs.slimshady said:
"I want to know if they are active and magic or not. And if they are not active, can i pick them before they are active and then they will become active or do they have to grow till they activate?"

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

#19971698 - 05/11/14 11:51 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

At least they give away free games on Origin every month :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19972454 - 05/11/14 03:16 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rew736 said:
The epitome of why EA is evil.

Have you ever played Simpsons: Tapped Out?

Great, fun sandbox build-your-own-Springfield game.
You can use "Donuts" as the in game currency to buy premium stuff.
But the cost to buy all the premium content (buildings, characters etc) is over 5,000 donuts.
You occasionally get donuts randomly in game from quests and stuff.. but maybe only like a few donuts every couple weeks.

They sell donuts. $100 will buy you 2,400 donuts. Which wont even buy half the premium content.
Some chick at my work spent over $300 on that game for donuts and characters :facepalm:
I just cracked it...

--------------------

Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

#19972713 - 05/11/14 04:41 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I know what you mean. It is like people buying virtual goods for their farmville crops. It has no bearing on their (real) lives, but they sink (real) money that they often do not have, into things that do not matter. At this point, when I see a fremium game, I give it a wide berth, no matter how "good" it is. Paid and demo games are a solid model. You get a taste, if it works, and/or you like it, pay the devs. If not, move on. On the other hand, fremium is extortion. They lure you in, and after a couple exciting cut-scenes, they virtually FORCE you to pay to advance.

Selling games to make money is ok. In fact it is fine, but only when done properly. I have over 50 games on steam. I have played -MAYBE- 10 of those. I have not beaten a single one, despite the fact that I have owned them for over 2 years. I don't mind supporting the dev in fact it is a good thing. By doing so, I foster new, better games.

Here, at EA on the other hand, they are not interested in supporting anything other than their bottom line. They buy and pillage game studios. They hold the developers of the studios as virtual hostages. And once the studios have been overworked and burnt-out, they sell them as shells of their previous status.

/end_rant

Sorry. this spiraled out of control quickly, but I stand by what I said. They are criminals.

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
seekaytea said:
Wiccan_Seeker said:
eminemvs.slimshady said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
1,642 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.02 seconds on 15 queries.