Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline13Itch
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Questions, Purchases, for First Grow! [Re: JesusDaMartian]
    #19924352 - 04/30/14 09:46 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Wow... Lol How'd your shroomies turn out? (assuming they turned out at all.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheodoreRoosevelt
Stranger
Re: Questions, Purchases, for First Grow! [Re: 13Itch]
    #19938234 - 05/03/14 11:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Okay so that jar that had pinning when it still had a lot to go, it's clearly growing still and I think in another half week it'll be fully grown. I think I should just ignore the weird pinning at the top, or maybe just let it consolidate for half the time. Yes, no?

My jars are all over the place, I got 3 half-cakes that are showing very small, 1 or 2 tiny pins (thouht they were verm flakes yesterday). Mind you, the half cakes I started like 3-4 weeks after the tall jars. Then that one tall jar with major pinning at the top but not close to colonizing.

Then it's split like for the rest 60/40, with 60% colonized 100% but no pinning, and 40% is just got like a week left for 100% colonization.

What I intend to do, is split them in 3 groups (#1 pinning, #2 colonized 100%, #3 colonizing). When 50% of Colonized group shows pinning, I'll birth those and Pinning #1. When the rest of that group pins, as in all of them, I will birth them and group #3, regardless if they even colonized 100% (I think they will be by that time though).

So I got another question: Do they have to be dunked and left in cold water for 24 hours? Or can it be just room temperature water? I would rather not clutter up my fridge with this stuff, so I'm thinking of just filling a plastic tub with the cleaned up cakes, then fill it up with cold water, then close the lid. Or is cold water or the fridge desirable? I mean if cold water is desirable, I could put them maybe in a cooler and put some ice in there? Is ice water too cold?

thanks

Stranger
Re: Questions, Purchases, for First Grow! [Re: TheodoreRoosevelt]
    #19938280 - 05/03/14 11:36 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

With that said, being your first grow i would wait it out and see what happens with the little "rust spot/fleck of verm" ,  and if its pining birth it, maybe cut off the piece that hasnt been fully colonized yet.

I'm sorry I'm really confused here. So that jar where there's major pinning (like 4-5 pins, 2-3 over 1") but still got ~1/2" to go in a tall jar, should I birth it asap or just let it grow? Because the myc is definitely growing and making progress, I think in a week it'll be fully colonized. What do I do here? because I have only 3 other jars that have pinned, I'd rather let a lot more pin before birthing. I don't want to be birthing a round every day here, I'd like to do 2 batches of birthing here.

I also opened it's top, and there were a couple ~3" long pins in there curling around.

As for the weird things I've seen:

1. Those peppercorns, just verm. It was because the myc is starting to shrink as it consolidates, and by shrinking some of the top verm layer is spilling down the sides. I didn't realize that at first. some of the jars got a bunch of verm spilled down on it's sides.

I've also noticed that the jars seem to get a lot of 'jelly' on the sides of the walls (a lot like the cobweb mold I ran into, which got super jelly everywhere). I think it goes away a bit as the consolidation process wraps up though and the myc seems to dry up a bit and shrink.

2. The rust spots, they are less noticeable. I think they must've been flakes of metal or something in the jars. It's just a tiny dot of black with a bit of orange around it. Some of the bigger specks, I almost see a silver/gray speck in the middle. They don't seem to grow in size or anything. In fact they seem a bit smaller, I suspect as the myc as sucked up the liquid around it and/or engulfed them.

3. The yellow/gold/amber dew/honey spots, I feel like they've shrunk, some might have disappeared, they seem less noticeable today.

Anyways, I injected the first batch on 3/10 and like 16 days later did the next batch (that seems to be pinning/colonized quicker). So it's been basically 2 months and just starting to see the first signs of pinning, so I don't know how they turned out yet, it hasn't gotten that far. That means 10-12 weeks for the tall jars to pin, and ~8-10 weeks for the fat jars, assuming they all pin within the next 2 weeks which may not even happen.

My temps have mostly been below 70*F, but recently they've been a bit warmer and I think that's sped things up, particularly for the fat jars. Probably would've been another month if I kept it below 70F.

Stranger
    #19938297 - 05/03/14 11:43 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know if this is relevant, and I have mentioned this before, but I have windows into the room. The jars are under a table, but they get plenty of ambient light all day, and also i have a couple small halogens (ceiling fan) on a few hours at night... lot of hours at night.

And when I birth, and then dunk, do I leave the pins, or pick them? Do i keep them or toss them? Aren't pins and aborts the best, because they have the most psych in them anyways? Why do we bother letting them grow to full size anyways?

Edited by TheodoreRoosevelt (05/03/14 11:45 PM)

Stranger
    #19938483 - 05/04/14 12:53 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'm gonna go buy a food dehydrator for $20. It seems a lot easier than desiccant and having to deal with all that.

Stranger
    #19947507 - 05/06/14 12:20 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

up

Stranger
    #19958216 - 05/08/14 10:02 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

1. Is it possible to be too humid? My humidity is usually over 95%

2. How  can I tell I am getting enough FAE?

I've birthed about half my cakes into a tub. it's about 4.5" of perlite, it's off a closet shelf by 5 widemouth 1/2 pint jars, and I have 2 strips of 60LED per meter 3528 bright white on either side of the tub on a 12/12 timer.

I believe everything is tek. Dunk and rolling is easy so I'm just dunking cakes as I see pin for the day and will keep adding them. I believe my tub might be a little tight for 21 cakes but it should be okay (about 1" space between cakes). It'd be the perfect size if it was just a little bigger, I already thought it was super big ;/

3. How often to fan and mist. I get conflicting reports on this, and it seems a lot of outdated info on this. Do I want to light-mist as much as possible (as long as no pooling water, ofc), or like 3-4 times a day? As for fanning, is that just do it as much as possible or what?

And what about before-pinning, how do fanning and misting amounts change?

I've searched a lot on this, I know evap is good to trigger pinning, and they affect each other. So is it fan & mist as much as possible (ie wet the cakes but dont let them stay wet), or is it a set number.

Edited by TheodoreRoosevelt (05/08/14 10:06 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds