Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: New York, United States Flag
I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) *EDIT* and a mouse.
    #19948055 - 05/06/14 03:22 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I need a keyboard. I am between the k70 and g710+.

I am leaning towards corsair becuase it looks beautiful, is made of aluminum, the contoured buttons are nice.

I am looking for suggestions. I will say I am not willing to pay more than 150-170.

Which keyboard?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/06/14 12:22 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
"Banana's emit radiation. In fact banannas are the standard in detecting solar radiation. The radiation read from a bananna tells scientists how active the sun was during the growing season. Make sure to steer clear of bananas too."
seekaytea said:
"I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin."
Wiccan_Seeker said:
"Your knowledge on male-on-male rape and willingness to engage in fantasy regarding the matter is commendable."
eminemvs.slimshady said:
"I want to know if they are active and magic or not. And if they are not active, can i pick them before they are active and then they will become active or do they have to grow till they activate?"

Edited by rew736 (05/10/14 09:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMasticore
Perpetually Curious
Male User Gallery

Re: I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) [Re: rew736]
    #19954633 - 05/07/14 03:47 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

If you're going to buy a keyboard, the 'gaming' tag costs extra. If you want extra keys for programming macros, go for something like that. If you just want a keyboard, get something that is high-quality, but doesn't have the extra added cost of a company thinking people will pay any amount of money if you throw the word 'gaming' on it.

--------------------
Treat my posts like the Bible. I am fallible, subject to human limitation, and usually open to interpretation.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #19954827 - 05/07/14 04:39 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

While that's generally true... Corsair K70s are well designed and built mechanical keyboards, I have one, it's quite nice.

Although a $10 dell keyboard works just as well, without the mechanical clicky and extra buttons

If you are looking to get something really quality I would recommend a Ducky Shine 2 if you can find one, or a Steelseries Apex

--------------------

Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) [Re: Shroomism]
    #19955945 - 05/07/14 08:21 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The thing is, I am looking for something that will last. The fact that my out of warranty laptop is close to 7 years old, I am looking for something that will last. The apex looks really cool and is cheaper, now that you mention it, but it is not entirely mechanical, and I dont want a keyboard with switched rated for 50 mln cycles craping out bc of a rubber dome rated for 5mln.

The ducky is IMHO a cousin of the k70. It has all the basic features and no doubt works well. That being said, since I am looking for longevity, i kind of want all the (well implemented) bells and whistles. I mean the fact that the k70 can individually backlight keys and swithc to them so i only get wasd 1-6 and arrow keys iluminated is very cool, if not useful.

Thank you for the input. Since the k70 is on sale at newegg, i will go with that one. One thing i noticed about corsair reviews is that they fixed what was wrong with the previous iteration. THis means a lot because they care about their product. If customers dont like the implementation of something (gamers have no qualms about being truthful) then corasir will fix it. Plus i have experience with their ram and psus.

Sorry this post is so shabbily done, I am short on time but wanted to respond.

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
"Banana's emit radiation. In fact banannas are the standard in detecting solar radiation. The radiation read from a bananna tells scientists how active the sun was during the growing season. Make sure to steer clear of bananas too."
seekaytea said:
"I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin."
Wiccan_Seeker said:
"Your knowledge on male-on-male rape and willingness to engage in fantasy regarding the matter is commendable."
eminemvs.slimshady said:
"I want to know if they are active and magic or not. And if they are not active, can i pick them before they are active and then they will become active or do they have to grow till they activate?"

Offlinedflyguy1
Stranger
Re: I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) *DELETED* [Re: rew736]
    #19957123 - 05/08/14 01:15 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by dflyguy1

Reason for deletion: ........

OfflineMasticore
Perpetually Curious
Male User Gallery

Re: I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) [Re: dflyguy1]
    #19958894 - 05/08/14 12:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

If you like the functionality of the K70, go for it. I personally have a Ducky Shine 3, and love it. They are well known for their build quality. You can order any MX switch you want, and have a lot of different colors of LED you can custom order, although some of them are harder to find in stock than others. (I had to look long and hard for my orange LED brown switches.) With that said, I've never heard anyone who was disappointed in their K70. Corsair is also well known for their build quality.

--------------------
Treat my posts like the Bible. I am fallible, subject to human limitation, and usually open to interpretation.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) [Re: Masticore]
    #19959982 - 05/08/14 05:14 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The K70 is a solid keyboard. I really would prefer a Ducky Shine 3 though.. but they are pricey. But I've used them before and those things are amazing. I don't usually go crazy for keyboards..

--------------------

Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

#19960975 - 05/08/14 08:53 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well, thanks for the support. I bit the bullet and managed to snag it $20 off. It shipped today, and *hopefully* it will be here tomorrow evening (its shipping from Edison, NJ which is a shipping hub, and I am in NYC, so not far at all.) The more likely story is that it will get here on monday, but I can dream can't I?

I will keep y'all posted. Now I just need to start saving money for a nice mouse. Suggestions? I am leaning Proteus core, but I have nothing to really compare it to.

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
seekaytea said:
Wiccan_Seeker said:
eminemvs.slimshady said:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19961116 - 05/08/14 09:22 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Meh.. I personally steer far away from Logitech stuff. I know lots of people like them but I've had tons of bad experience with their crap.

Mice are pretty subjective... there's a million different ones and different styles out there.
My favorite mouse brands: Steel Series, Razer, CoolerMaster.

Razer mice have been kind of hit or miss for me in the past , but they've gotten a lot better over the years.

--------------------

Offlinerew736
Your local stranger
 User Gallery

#19961215 - 05/08/14 09:43 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I have heard that razer used to be the best go to stuff but their qc has really dropped off and they're going for a "cool" selling point rather than making the best hardware. I will check out the Steel Series and Cooler master. Any models in particular?

**EDIT** Toms hardware rated the proteus core as the best all purpose mouse. I don't know their quality, but mad catz have inconsistent lasers.

--------------------
My trade list
malicom said:
seekaytea said:
Wiccan_Seeker said:
eminemvs.slimshady said:

Edited by rew736 (05/08/14 09:46 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19961291 - 05/08/14 10:02 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I dunno about that. Razer has a very solid lineup of stuff now. I have two razer mice and I'm very happy with them. Copperhead and Naga Hex. Their keyboards used to suck BALLZ (cough Black Widow v.1) but they have gotten WAY better in that department. I don't know why people talk shit on Razer.. their software used to be their weakest link, but that's also greatly improved. They are products made for gamers.. by gamers... the CEO is a cool motherfucker and is dedicated to the cause and making high quality products without taking shortcuts. Yes they do go for a "Cool" factor, but their hardware is also extremely good in my experience.

I also have a CoolerMaster Inferno and a Steel Series Sensei, the Steel Series is probably my favorite mouse overall with the Razers coming in 2nd. Steel Series makes top notch mice and headsets and keyboards.
I also have a Steel Series headset (Siberia V.2 , which is great) and I probably would have bought a mechanical Steel Series keyboard if I didn't get the K70, as I have heard nothing but good things about their keyboards. I don't know why I forgot about them when I first posted..

I don't really much care how good Tom's hardware rates a Logitech mouse.. I won't buy their stuff anymore on pure principle. I've had let's see... a keyboard.. three mice.. and FIVE headsets from them that all died WELL before their time or 2-3 weeks after buying them. The headsets and mice all died in the exact same way too. I know lots of people use Logitech stuff with no problem, but ALL my experiences with their products is that they are utter crap and there are much better options out there. At the very least, their quality control leaves much to be desired... but I have had nothing but problem after problem with their products.

--------------------

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #19961292 - 05/08/14 10:03 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Mad Catz makes garbage in general.  IN would stay away from them in every arena they make shit for.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I need a keyboard. (K70 vs G710+) [Re: mndfreeze]
    #19961306 - 05/08/14 10:06 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Indeed. absolute garbage.

Can't really go wrong with anything Steel Series makes IMO. I've never seen a bad product from them.
A lot of pro gamers use steel series stuff too, so there's that.

Also should mention my Steel Series headset I thought would get thrashed... the way I handle my headsets.. they usually don't last long.. but this thing is surprisingly well built and durable, had it over a year and a half now and it's still like new. Usually I run over the cord enough times in my chair and the connector comes loose or one of the ears goes out. I've dropped this thing, thrown it, rolled across it 500 times and its still kicking hardcore.

Had my sensei for I don't know how many years and that thing is still awesome as shit. But so are my Razer mice and the CoolerMaster.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19961521 - 05/08/14 11:12 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Cougar just announced a Mad Catz inspired clone that looks pretty good actually - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cougar-700m-gaming-mouse,26693.html#xtor=RSS-998

I dunno about their peripherals, but they make really good PSUs.

I'd still take a Steel Series though

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19961657 - 05/08/14 11:53 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I follow the Razer CEO on fbook. I like this guy.

Quote:

Min-Liang Tan
12 mins ยท

So I just got an email from a manufacturer in China who promises that:

"We can copy Razer product within 2 months, same (but still different) Razer look but much lower price! We change components to cheaper source but just as good! We supply most of Razer competitors who are satisfy with our cheap price and good service!"

I replied:

"I can only hope you are as careful with your products as you are with who you send these spam mails to."

Quote:

Min-Liang Tan
April 4
We've got a terrible strategy for a business. We don't focus on product categories like most traditional businesses - like say peripherals or systems or software etc. That's what business school teaches you - focus on one category, maximize resources and profits instead of spreading too thin.

Instead - we're focused on gamers - we design everything from peripherals to systems to software and even apparel and gear for gamers. It's probably not the world's most efficient way of running a business - but hey, we haven't really thought of ourselves as a business corporation either.

That's why when someone asks me - "Who do you compete with?" it's really hard for me to answer - you can say we've got a ton of competitors - or none at all - because there's really no other company out there that focuses all it's energies on designing products for gamers.

So truly, our biggest competitor - is pretty much ourselves.

Quote:

Somedays I wake up with an idea for a new product so badass that I feel like I'm the Tony Stark of gaming.

Today is one of those days.

Quote:

Min-Liang Tan
February 24
So I got a message when I replied to a hater who was trolling our Blackwidow keyboards: "Yes, you guys have the best tech and design but because everyone I know wants the Razer so that's why I say it sucks and I prefer something less known."

Gaming hipster logic I guess.

Quote:

Min-Liang Tan
August 17, 2013
I've been told some parents are concerned over our logo and obsession with gaming. I'd like to assure everyone that we're a very bad influence indeed.

Quote:

Min-Liang Tan
August 13, 2013
Sometimes I feel I should listen to the biz guys, focus on profit instead of constantly investing in crazy ideas that more often than not, doesn't make any business sense.

Then I go - fuck it. Next crazy idea please!

Quote:

Min-Liang Tan
February 20, 2013
Sometimes I have conversations with other CEOs, and they ask me why we don't run ads on the papers or buy TV spots etc. I tell them that most of our funds go to R&D to design incredible products and supporting eSports teams instead of fancy ads.

I believe that a phenomenal product speaks for itself more than an ad - and while eSports isn't a great marketing investment by the standards of those professional CEOs, it's something that we're passionate about and see ourselves supporting other gamers like ourselves achieve their dreams.

How do you think we should reach out to more gamers out there like you?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder