Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRising Sun
Random Title Here
 User Gallery

Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President?
    #19886546 - 04/23/14 05:50 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

With the upcoming elections right around the corner, it appears that there are many candidates with the potential to win the White House. However, if a woman ran for president, such as Hillary Clinton, do you think that Americans would be more prone to vote for her just because they feel as if they it is time for a woman to be president (especially now that America has already had their first black president).

Or do you think the fact that a woman running for president would be some sort of a stigma?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: Rising Sun]
    #19886554 - 04/23/14 05:57 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yup. American's have already shown that voting for the flavor of the week is more important than voting for a qualified candidate.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #19886693 - 04/23/14 07:12 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Hillary would be just about a sure thing. The GOP has no demographic appeal beyond white males and you can not base your party on a shrinking demographic. They seem to not actually care about winning national elections. The principles they believe in are not shared by the country outside of the solid red states, and they don't care.

The Republicans would do better if they ended up with a totally new candidate we have never heard of (worked for Bill Clinton and the Dems when they were on a long losing streak). Every known GOP candidate has way too much baggage to get elected. Jeb Bush is the only one that possibly might be qualified to run the country, and he has no chance because of his last name.

People act like Obama being black or Hillary being a women has some huge influence on victory, but it's mostly a matter of who they're running against. It's not like women would vote Republican if Hillary didn't run, and it's not like blacks would have voted Republican if Obama hadn't run. Hispanics don't like the GOP and Asians don't either. So how can they win a national election.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #19886751 - 04/23/14 07:44 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

A white candidate with Obama's "qualifications" would have been trounced in the primaries.

A male candidate with Hillary's "qualifications" would be trounced in the primaries.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: Rising Sun] * 2
    #19886763 - 04/23/14 07:51 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

In this day and age, with all other things being equal, minority status can only help.

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
    #19887166 - 04/23/14 10:10 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know, I don't think candidates are vetted properly to the public, and all we hear are stupid scandals rather then about who they are, what they have done before if anything.

I really hope Elizabeth Warren joins the race, since Hillary is a slightly right of Obama, pro establishment person, who will do nothing to shake up the power dynamics or go against big business in their amoral pursuit of profits

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 2
    #19887254 - 04/23/14 10:36 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I hope Fauxcahontas runs as well. The lying bitch will get creamed.

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#19887776 - 04/23/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

unfortunately i think it might be pretty likely she'll win if she runs, because she is a women.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: psyconaught]
    #19887918 - 04/23/14 01:42 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Americans are certainly dumb enough to make cursory, shallow votes on things like race and gender.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineSmokey420
Male User Gallery

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: Shins]
    #19888001 - 04/23/14 02:01 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

"If voting changed anything it would be illegal" -Emma Goldman

--------------------
Workers of Shroomery Unite!

Warning: Everything I say is possibly a work of fiction.
Fuck you NSA

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: Rising Sun]
    #19888060 - 04/23/14 02:16 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Rising Sun said:
With the upcoming elections right around the corner, it appears that there are many candidates with the potential to win the White House. However, if a woman ran for president, such as Hillary Clinton, do you think that Americans would be more prone to vote for her just because they feel as if they it is time for a woman to be president (especially now that America has already had their first black president).

Or do you think the fact that a woman running for president would be some sort of a stigma?

Thankfully the elections are NOT right around the corner.  I would vote for a women president, because it makes no difference.  It doesn't matter who is in the White House anymore. This country is an oligarchy.  It's run by people with money.  Politicians don't change anything, they are there to further the status quo of accumulating more and more wealth for the people who already have more than they could ever hope to use.  It's a joke, all of it. 

Having said that Hillary Clinton would be a horrible president. Just like she was a horrible senator and a horrible Secretary of State.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #19888249 - 04/23/14 03:06 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Hillary would be just about a sure thing. The GOP has no demographic appeal beyond white males and you can not base your party on a shrinking demographic. They seem to not actually care about winning national elections. The principles they believe in are not shared by the country outside of the solid red states, and they don't care.

The Republicans would do better if they ended up with a totally new candidate we have never heard of (worked for Bill Clinton and the Dems when they were on a long losing streak). Every known GOP candidate has way too much baggage to get elected. Jeb Bush is the only one that possibly might be qualified to run the country, and he has no chance because of his last name.

People act like Obama being black or Hillary being a women has some huge influence on victory, but it's mostly a matter of who they're running against. It's not like women would vote Republican if Hillary didn't run, and it's not like blacks would have voted Republican if Obama hadn't run. Hispanics don't like the GOP and Asians don't either. So how can they win a national election.

I do believe the Republican Party carries the non-whore female vote.  Amazingly they have won several national elections so clearly you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.  Or your a troll.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19888255 - 04/23/14 03:07 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I would vote for Condoleeza Rice for President.  I would vote for Hillary to be incarcerated.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #19888321 - 04/23/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

There's no way in hell I'd ever vote for either one.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #19888470 - 04/23/14 03:57 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I do believe the Republican Party carries the non-whore female vote.  Amazingly they have won several national elections so clearly you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.  Or your a troll.

You say the women who vote democrat are whores. Big reason why Republicans live in the past. Republicans last win in a national election in 04. The demographic characteristics of the electorate change each election cycle, and are made up more and more of groups who will not vote Republican.

Calling people whores or trolls will not change the results.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #19888612 - 04/23/14 04:27 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Amazingly, lds is speaking sense in this thread. Don't let it become a habit.

Obuma would never have won without several things which i will list in order of importance

1. being black
2. having the media totally on his side distorting every news story.
3. running against an insane hawk the first time and a dweeb the second time.
4. storm sandy

I'd say obummer may have been the lesser of the evils against mccain but that is very debatable. Romney would have been ten times better. He was surging in the polls and obuma falling like a stone then right before the election we have the storm so obuma gets to act presidential and hand out money that isn't his and romney had to stop campaigning because of the tragedy. Ofumbles still just barely won even with all the ballot box stuffing he had to do.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineqman
Stranger

#19888650 - 04/23/14 04:34 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I would vote for Condoleeza Rice for President.  I would vote for Hillary to be incarcerated.

Rice is a retard in my opinion. I saw her trying to defend the Iraq war while being grilled by Bill O'Reilly, it was a disaster.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19888664 - 04/23/14 04:37 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

You say the women who vote democrat are whores. Big reason why Republicans live in the past. Republicans last win in a national election in 04. The demographic characteristics of the electorate change each election cycle, and are made up more and more of groups who will not vote Republican.

Calling people whores or trolls will not change the results.

Married women vote Republican.  Single welfare cunts vote for their check.  This is why Democrats want to keep more and more people on the dole.  It is their demographic.  They win the bum vote.  Obama lost every income demographic except the lowest 20%. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/put-ring-obama-wins-women-married-types/story?id=16057761

You are either a troll or ignorant.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Do You Think America Will Vote For a Woman President? [Re: qman]
    #19888671 - 04/23/14 04:38 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Rice is a retard in my opinion. I saw her trying to defend the Iraq war while being grilled by Bill O'Reilly, it was a disaster.

I thought she did quite well and I think it was the right thing to do and have said so consistently.  Anybody who disagrees is a thug sucking fool.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#19888919 - 04/23/14 05:23 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I thought she did quite well and I think it was the right thing to do and have said so consistently.  Anybody who disagrees is a thug sucking fool.

It wasn't the fact that she was defending her policy, it was the manner in which she attempted to do it, it was incompetent to say the least.

Constantly repeating 2-3 rehearsed answers is pathetic when discussing something as important as a war policy, her performance was disgraceful.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order