Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Brf - how long to pin? [Re: sololas]
    #19870498 - 04/19/14 12:45 PM (10 years, 37 minutes ago)

You're not looking for osmosis. You're looking for evaporation. That doesn't happen without misting.

If you can't mist without aborting your pins (if you think you're the only one to ever grow in high RH areas you're kidding yourself) then your cakes were probably too wet to begin with.

These things get heavily rained on IN FLORIDA and they do just fine. If it's really that bad, dig a hole and do an outdoor patch. That's what I'd do if I lived somewhere where Cubensis was that prevalant anyway.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Brf - how long to pin? [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #19870508 - 04/19/14 12:49 PM (10 years, 34 minutes ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
You're not looking for osmosis. You're looking for evaporation. That doesn't happen without misting.

If you can't mist without aborting your pins (if you think you're the only one to ever grow in high RH areas you're kidding yourself) then your cakes were probably too wet to begin with.

These things get heavily rained on IN FLORIDA and they do just fine. If it's really that bad, dig a hole and do an outdoor patch. That's what I'd do if I lived somewhere where Cubensis was that prevalant anyway.

:whathesaid:

yea really that post had nothing to do with osmosis. You should look up what that word means Sololas

Offlinesololas
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Brf - how long to pin? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #19870734 - 04/19/14 01:39 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

You're right about the Osmosis, I meant evaporation but used the wrong term. But I still try and not mist for the short period of early pinning, once they grow out of pins I mist again. I don't believe that the misting will evaporate quick enough off the pins to prevent aborts. I'm sure that its because of the high RH in my FC it averages 90%RH but gets up to above 95 at times  , maybe I'll try and lower it some with more holes in the FC, It has good FAE and sometimes I mist twice a day as long as I don't have a lot of pinning happening. I'll never say Osmosis again, evaporation, evaporation, evaporation. Hope this helps

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Brf - how long to pin? [Re: sololas]
    #19870871 - 04/19/14 02:10 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

You're supposed to fan when you mist. Mist until it's glistening then fan it out so that water can evaporate back into your FC. Trust me, it works.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlinesololas
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Brf - how long to pin? [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #19871033 - 04/19/14 03:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

36 I do fan after misting just forgot to put that.  But now comes summer and this means the ac comes on and I will have drier air continuously which should have great effects on the overall conditions of my FC and require more mistings. Sometimes I leave for a couple days at a time and like the fact that my FC stays a little on the high side, 3 days or more and I can tell that most of the water on the perlite has evaporated off and the tub is really dry, so I know that a lot of evaporation is happening in that time. But I still have a hard time misting my pins, I just wait until they develop a little before misting and fanning continues. Thanks for the input
Once I can rely on the ac for drier conditions I will try to mist pins after formation again.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies