Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHunter hunter
See er
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pickin yer patch
Creating new boocha scoby's
    #19850113 - 04/15/14 05:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Hi I'm curious if anyone is into brewing kombucha?  I have been brewing since last December.  So I'm kinda new at it.  I have a few scoby's and am producing 4 gallons per run plus several side pint jars of various concoctions. 
This is kind of weird info curious if others have experimented. 

So been brewing for a little while and I feel pretty good and I love the home brewed over the store bought hands down.  Very weird at first.  So my wife is watching dr. Oz..  She ends up buying expensive probiotics that guarantee a certain number of live organisms that burn belly fat and cure IBS.
  After a few days I realized I could just do a liquid culture the same as my kombucha. I brewed the sweet tea like I would for a kombucha run.  I mixed the contents of one capsule and stored it at room temp.  After a week I tested the PH and it was at 4.5 which-let me know it was fermenting well.  It had been a few weeks and there wasn't  a noticeable scoby.  The taste though was much  sweeter than a normal booch. 

Then on my next brew I combined equal amounts fully fermented boocha no scoby with my new probiotic brew and fresh brewed tea.  It has been a week or two now an there is a noticeable healthy looking scoby.  I haven tried it yet but am very curious.  My question to anyone following this is..  Is this safe to try?  I'm prolly gonna any way.  Also. .  Do ya think I've created my own special scoby?  I think I have.  And I can tell you for sure most likely what kind of pro biotics are in my brew.
Now here is info I have discovered about feet.
  I have discovered brewing bootch in a small jar in a continuous ferment with same old scoby produces a nice vinegar.  I've tested the PH and most of the Brews are below 4 pretty quick.  Ive used the vinegar on my feet where I have had maybe athletes foot or some kind of irritation ever since I built my Cobb dog house last november.  I used all kinds of creams etc.  They would help but a little redness or flakiness was normal, maybe some itchiness too.  Lol.. Anyway within 3 days of soaking a paper towel and laying it on areas of my feet twice a day for ten minutes I noticed a huge difference.  seriously my feet are smooth kind of dry but that's good cause this dries out the bad flora.  I would recommend a moisturizer after a week or so once the weeping goes away.  True stuff great if ya need it useless for most.

--------------------

Eat the meat that’s at your feet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerAdams
Stranger
Re: Creating new boocha scoby's [Re: Hunter hunter]
    #19850213 - 04/15/14 05:56 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

the scoby is a symbiotic mixture of yeast/fungus and bacteria that kind of caps your batch.

One of the capsules was probably only bacteria i.e. lactobacillus

Maybe try brewing another batch with a shot from the capsule brew and a shot from the regular scoby brew as a starter for it.

the capsule brew should be safe to drink on its own anyways.

When ive brewed kombucha and forgotten it on the shelf for awhile a scoby usually always forms. if it doesnt you could have put to much sugar in or to little in, which can screw of the balance of yeast and bacteria to the point where it wont create one.

to much sugar is bad, to little sugar is bad. its like making the LC on here you are shooting for a certain % range of dissolved sugars.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Creating new boocha scoby's [Re: RogerAdams]
    #19851640 - 04/15/14 11:53 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

That is true but I have found that too much sugar generally leaves more room for error then too little.
With too much, you can always let it ferment for a longer period of time for it to consume more of the sugar. But there is a point of way too much.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale