Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world * 3
    #19843181 - 04/14/14 12:25 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

When it comes to quality and potency, Colorado pot is at the high end of the spectrum.

"There is no place in the world where you can buy as strong marijuana legally as you can in Colorado," said Mark Overman, sheriff of Scotts Bluff County, Neb. "It's the most powerful stuff you can find."

Overman is also the operational coordinator of the Western Nebraska Intelligence & Narcotics Group, which covers 11 panhandle counties.

Colorado pot's muscle has also been felt in Oklahoma.

Mark Woodward, spokesman for the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drug Control, compares it with cannabis from California.

"It's some of the most powerful marijuana we've ever tested," he said. "Some of the most powerful marijuana we have found on earth is coming out of California and Colorado. It's frightening."

Potency and quality of Colorado cannabis have been on an upward spiral for several years, said Genifer Murray, founder and CEO of CannLabs Inc., a Denver-based testing lab for medical and nonmedical cannabis products.

"As far as potency, there's no doubt," Murray said. "Since we started testing years ago, the numbers are exponentially higher. In the 1980s, it was 3 to 5 percent. Now we have seen our highest pot for THC at 29.4 percent."

That would qualify Colorado pot as "skunk" pot in Amsterdam, where you can buy your marijuana at coffee houses.

There, skunk pot is marijuana with a THC level higher than 15 percent.

The Dutch government has proposed a ban on pot at that level, calling it a "hard drug" that could lead to addiction.

But it's an ongoing battle.

"In Amsterdam, they consider it on a par with heroin if it's more than 15 percent," Overman said.

Why is Colorado pot such powerful stuff?

"Because of the quality controls and standards," said Colorado Springs pot entrepreneur KC Stark.

Stark is the president of Marijuana Business Academy.

He also owns Studio A64, a club on Colorado Avenue that allows its members to indulge, which has become a point of contention with the city of Colorado Springs.

"The market in Colorado has matured enough that it has reached a level of consistency and professionalism," he said. "We are taxed and highly regulated like any other industry and it is quite amazing what that's done to us. We are forced to be remarkably efficient and caring in every step and every breath we take. That's not an exaggeration."

Indeed, Stark said Colorado is drawing California pot producers.

"Many of them are coming here for the jobs," he said.

Murray agreed.

Colorado pot growers, she said, are "doing things with the plant that we've never done before."

Facilities "are very controlled, versus before when it was mainly cartels growing it outside."

There have also been advances in plant nutrients that have led to stronger, higher quality cannabis, she said.

"It shouldn't be a surprise that things are moving up the scale in potency," Murray said.

In some markets, such as Nebraska, Colorado pot is driving out Mexican weed.

"People don't want the Mexican pot any more," Overman said. "The Colorado pot is way better."

In Nebraska, an ounce of Colorado pot costs about $400, he said. Mexican pot goes for between $100 and $150 an ounce.

"I've spent 17 years as a drug cop," he said. "You can look at this pot, and you can smell it and you can tell by the odor. The people who use pot can tell, too."

It's even packaged differently, Woodward said.

From Mexico, it comes in the form of compressed bricks.

Colorado and California pot is more professionally wrapped, he said. It is packed in air tight, clear packaging.

The displacement of Mexican pot by Colorado pot could have dire consequences, said Tom Gorman, director of Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area program.

"So you run a retail store and you make $200,000 a week - expect to see Mexicans come into the picture if they see an opportunity," Gorman said. "It's a great resource for them, there's little danger involved and extortion is one of their big ways of making money."

Eventually, he said, "It's either going to be the cartels or it's going to be the tobacco industry. There's a lot of concern about that. You don't think some of the tobacco companies aren't looking at this as the next tobacco industry?"

http://gazette.com/law-enforcement-from-neighboring-states-agree-colorado-has-strongest-marijuana-in-the-world/article/1518194

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineragefanjr
Cookies4Rookies
Male

Loc: Valparaiso, Ind. Flag
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Gilgamesh18] * 5
    #19843230 - 04/14/14 12:33 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

"Frightening"??? LMAO I wonder whose cock from the DEA Mr. Woodward is currently sucking on.:rofl2:

--------------------
Cooooooookies! Chomp Chomp Chewey Chomp!!!
This program has been brought to you by dirt. Dirt...it's been around so long it's considered to be older than...wait a minute...

OfflineCaddilac
(*'
Male

Loc: WY. Flag
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: ragefanjr]
    #19843305 - 04/14/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

just because its the strongest doesn't mean its the best. this article cannot explain that like i can. Marijuana has history. Colorado may have it's essence in a way that it does with itself but it's not the best. there is no best weed. Anyway I feel admiring jealousy a little hate. Forgive me though because they have getting the live light too much. I'm sure other states can compete. To each it's orginality. ! The best pot will be the pot I have and that meets my standards.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #19843366 - 04/14/14 01:00 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

almost 30% Thc? Thats a bit extreme if we are honest with ourselves. Good news is folks can smoke less of it though reducing health risks :shrug:

Still, its of no surprise when people lose their shit, or  go psychotic after eating an edible packed with weed in the 25+% thc level. You can shove that genetic theory bullshit up your asses. Given enough of any psychedelic in an improper setting can cause folks to misinterpret reality.

Might as well go with a gram of mushrooms at that point if you have never tried pot before :lol:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (04/14/14 01:04 PM)

OfflineCaddilac
(*'
Male

Loc: WY. Flag
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Almond Flour]
    #19843383 - 04/14/14 01:04 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Even if high THC is a proponent. The real effects come from the combinations of other constituents of the plants variety. I'm sure theres some low THC green that can be psychedelicER

OfflineCinnor
Stranger

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Caddilac] * 2
    #19843656 - 04/14/14 02:00 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

They mentioned the tobacco industry, but the tobacco industry isn't up to the task of producing such high standards.  Most commercial tobacco is absolute shit.  Of course some people with buy industrial grow cannabis like people buy shit Mexican or sloppily grown outdoor shwag now.

I think most people that enjoy weed want quality over quantity.

if you think the bud is too strong, don't take as much. Liquor is stronger than beer and that isn't "frightening".

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Cinnor]
    #19843703 - 04/14/14 02:09 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cinnor said:
They mentioned the tobacco industry, but the tobacco industry isn't up to the task of producing such high standards.  Most commercial tobacco is absolute shit.  Of course some people with buy industrial grow cannabis like people buy shit Mexican or sloppily grown outdoor shwag now.

if you think the bud is too strong, don't take as much. Liquor is stronger than beer and that isn't "frightening".

I agree the article is an obvious scare tactic to the last holdout of social consercatives

--------------------

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Gilgamesh18] * 1
    #19843719 - 04/14/14 02:10 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"There is no place in the world where you can buy as strong marijuana legally as you can in Colorado," said Mark Overman, sheriff of Scotts Bluff County, Neb. "It's the most powerful stuff you can find."

:dealwithit:

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Cinnor]
    #19843867 - 04/14/14 02:34 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cinnor said:

Can't we have both?

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Camwritesgonzo] * 1
    #19843894 - 04/14/14 02:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The marijuanas iz too strong n we needa bann em cuz they addict liek heroin

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #19844059 - 04/14/14 03:06 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I will say CO has some of the highest quality flowers I've enjoyed, and I'm no nu_b....
Everyone I met at the HT CC last year agreed it is becoming the Mecca; both culturally and quality wise.  Denver has some of the MOST chill police I've encountered.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Maharishi_2_U] * 1
    #19844181 - 04/14/14 03:30 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

This article is so stupid...

In every decent sized city there are people dealing with marijuana as potent as anything in Colorado.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: baraka]
    #19844207 - 04/14/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
This article is so stupid...

In every decent sized city there are people dealing with marijuana as potent as anything in Colorado.

The police want it to seem like, since weed is legal in colorado, the marijuana has 20% more THC then anywhere else and that is bad :rolleyes:

Edited by xbloodwhipx (04/14/14 03:34 PM)

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #19844278 - 04/14/14 03:49 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"So you run a retail store and you make $200,000 a week - expect to see Mexicans come into the picture if they see an opportunity," Gorman said. "It's a great resource for them, there's little danger involved and extortion is one of their big ways of making money."

hey man they blew the chance to build a proper border wall when they had it...  not so sure why they gonna start bitching about it now

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: travelleler]
    #19844538 - 04/14/14 04:45 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"It's some of the most powerful marijuana we've ever tested," he said. "Some of the most powerful marijuana we have found on earth is coming out of California and Colorado. It's frightening."

Be afraid...... Be very afraid...

--------------------

Offlineguest1
Mycena
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: searching]
    #19844912 - 04/14/14 05:53 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

People get tired of and seem to build a tolerance to smoking the same exact cloned genetics and always want a different line of genetics. This is why there is such an incredibly large variety of genetics available. There is no "best" strain, unless you define "best" as nothing more than a label for whatever has a specific genetic trait or a list of specific traits. However, you will still get tired of it and want something different.

I could be wrong, but from my research and conversations with people, this is the conclusion I have come to.
Also, of course, the stronger the active ingredient in anything, the less you use to achieve the same effect.
If you had Ibuprofen that was a standard size pill and only 1mg per pill, you would consume far more inactive product than a standard 200mg pill the same size.

It appears to me, they need to develop a rating system, such as establishing a baseline for what they consider "normal strength" and then they can rate all products based on that. That way, hopefully people won't eat what is equal to 50 large hits of , lets say "10x potency" food product, as their first attempt at using cannabis and freak the heck out, rather than selecting something that says "first timer/introduction: lowest potency, whole product equal to a standard lowest dosage".

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #19844987 - 04/14/14 06:07 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Breaking news Colorado has strongest weed..........NO SHIT!

No doubt just another article trying to scare people imo.

PS: I'm so sure Mexican cartels are looking to get into the legal pot trade :facepalm: They have 48 more states to sell weed in

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: guest1]
    #19844999 - 04/14/14 06:09 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I have a better explanation for the rise. Intelligent people are better able to find the most potent weed while also being less likely to do something stupid to get csught with it, hence the police find mostly the less potent stuff.

Maybe I'm the only one thinks this but when I hear a person say something like, "It's not like the marijuana from our time" I can't help but think the guy was probably getting ripped off in his time and didn't know it. Potent weed certainly isn't anything new nor is getting baked off your ass.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: Kizzle]
    #19845126 - 04/14/14 06:31 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kizzle said:
I have a better explanation for the rise. Intelligent people are better able to find the most potent weed while also being less likely to do something stupid to get csught with it, hence the police find mostly the less potent stuff.

You're almost a little right but it's because intelligent people use exact sciences to breed better stronger weed over the recent growing information available to people.

Not because "The cops just find the shitty stuff", you have to be educated on the matter and understand that testing and advancements in medical marijuana. Specifically in the past 5 years or so have transformed what smart people can do with cannabis.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Law enforcement from neighboring states agree, Colorado has strongest marijuana in the world [Re: guest1]
    #19845867 - 04/14/14 08:34 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

guest1 said:
People get tired of and seem to build a tolerance to smoking the same exact cloned genetics and always want a different line of genetics. This is why there is such an incredibly large variety of genetics available. There is no "best" strain, unless you define "best" as nothing more than a label for whatever has a specific genetic trait or a list of specific traits. However, you will still get tired of it and want something different.

I could be wrong, but from my research and conversations with people, this is the conclusion I have come to.
Also, of course, the stronger the active ingredient in anything, the less you use to achieve the same effect.
If you had Ibuprofen that was a standard size pill and only 1mg per pill, you would consume far more inactive product than a standard 200mg pill the same size.

It appears to me, they need to develop a rating system, such as establishing a baseline for what they consider "normal strength" and then they can rate all products based on that. That way, hopefully people won't eat what is equal to 50 large hits of , lets say "10x potency" food product, as their first attempt at using cannabis and freak the heck out, rather than selecting something that says "first timer/introduction: lowest potency, whole product equal to a standard lowest dosage".

Hell yes. I smoked a medium sized joint of mids by myself the first time. About 15 hits. I flipped the hell out for 20 solid minutes. i can only imagine what a brownie that size would of done to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies