Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20245400 - 07/08/14 11:46 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Limiting is a word I never used but to answer your question upon source, a book by paul stamets called the mushroom cultivator. You probably never heard of it...

you know we can argue this till we are blue in the face. The biological efficiency of a substrate tells the whole story. So lets see you match the BE of horse manure with nothing but coco coir. You do know how to measure BE....don't you?

--------------------
:three:

Edited by camplo (07/08/14 11:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: camplo]
    #20245851 - 07/09/14 02:14 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm: you again

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinesololas
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: cronicr]
    #20246404 - 07/09/14 06:59 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Is that Anne H. back again under a different name, sure sounds like her.

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: sololas]
    #20246588 - 07/09/14 08:04 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah she loved her some poo.

If one substrate was so superior to another, how come we aint all using it?

OfflineQuexl
Male

Loc: Flag
    #20254600 - 07/10/14 06:52 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
Limiting is a word I never used but to answer your question upon source, a book by paul stamets called the mushroom cultivator. You probably never heard of it.

yeah I have heard of that book, but I haven't read it, and I've never measured biological efficiency.
I genuinely wanted to know what it actually says about carbs & proteins because, to my knowledge, herbivore shit doesn't have much of either. It has lots of anaerobes and DOC though. But yeah come to think of it, who cares lol.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: Quexl]
    #20255634 - 07/10/14 10:10 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
Limiting is a word I never used but to answer your question upon source, a book by paul stamets called the mushroom cultivator. You probably never heard of it...

You mean that book that was published 31 years ago? Yeah, I've heard of it. Not as helpful as the shroomery. I would never direct a noob to that book. There's plenty of stuff in that book that's been proven outdated.

Your BE presentation is mostly useless info at best. I've yet to see a single grow that makes me think manure or straw out-performs coir and verm. The proof is in the pudding. The only advantage I see either of them having is economics.

BE, get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. You don't know what mushrooms really use as nutrients, none of us do. Sure, some people have figured out a few things that are considered nutrients to myc and fruits, but only the very surface.

Fungi were around way before mammals. What did they consume then? Not manure. What about before vegetation like straw? What then? Maybe minerals such that are found in rocks?

My point is, how can someone use a measurement such as BE and apply it to something such as the nutritive needs of something we barely understand. Quit fakin' da funk

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20255695 - 07/10/14 10:25 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
So lets see you match the BE of horse manure with nothing but coco coir. You do know how to measure BE....don't you?

been done over and over again and every one who grows with coir will tell you it's still hard to top wall to wall flushes, coir is just as nutritious as h-poo but h-poo holds water better so we toss in a little verm(also great food for fungi, no matter what you say)

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#20260771 - 07/12/14 12:07 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

SO you guys haven't read the mushroom cultivator nor understand what BE is, or even how to calculate it....and I'm the idiot....lol!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8521021#8521021

"I genuinely wanted to know what it actually says about carbs & proteins because, to my knowledge, herbivore shit doesn't have much of either. It has lots of anaerobes and DOC though. But yeah come to think of it, who cares lol."

Seems like your knowledge is limited. herbivore poo is really high in carbs but not so much protein.....

"BE, get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. You don't know what mushrooms really use as nutrients, none of us do. Sure, some people have figured out a few things that are considered nutrients to myc and fruits, but only the very surface."

"been done over and over again and every one who grows with coir will tell you it's still hard to top wall to wall flushes, coir is just as nutritious as h-poo but h-poo holds water better so we toss in a little verm(also great food for fungi, no matter what you say)"

wall to wall flushes are one thing, biological efficiency is another. Um BE is the deciding factor. Duh.

" I've yet to see a single grow that makes me think manure or straw out-performs coir and verm. The proof is in the pudding."

I am not convinced that you've actually seen much of anything....

But yeah, spawn is high in carbs and protein. You know the grains we use...rice, rye, wheat, etc etc. All super high in carbs and protein, as most of the grows potential come from the grains. Mushies are like humans, and the majority of what it needs to live and grow come from carbs and protein...this is not complicated stuff...to me...but I really like biology and science. And just because you have grown mushrooms doesn't mean that you too, actually know why they grow I guess...

--------------------

Edited by camplo (07/12/14 12:30 AM)

InvisibleGhatti
Totally not a Federal Agent
 User Gallery
    #20260998 - 07/12/14 12:59 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I disagree with the statement about grains make the grow. I've put 1 1/2 quarts to 2 bricks of coir and pushed out at least a qp per flush for 3 flushes.

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: Ghatti]
    #20261026 - 07/12/14 01:07 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ghatti said:
I disagree with the statement about grains make the grow. I've put 1 1/2 quarts to 2 bricks of coir and pushed out at least a qp per flush for 3 flushes.

Um you may disagree but its a known fact.

--------------------

InvisibleGhatti
 User Gallery
    #20261058 - 07/12/14 01:13 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Test it for us then. Take a pint and mix it with a brick of coir, then take 5 quarts and do the same and please show us an appreciable difference that the added moisture in the grains wouldn't account for.

Grain is important, but I highly doubt that half of the nutrients in the grain get used up during 3 flushes.

Edit: also please refrain from being an aggressive asshat in your future responses.

Edited by Ghatti (07/12/14 01:15 AM)

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: Ghatti]
    #20261100 - 07/12/14 01:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I don't have to test that, lol, I already know its true. You test it!

"Grain is important, but I highly doubt that half of the nutrients in the grain get used up during 3 flushes."

What?

--------------------

InvisibleGhatti
 User Gallery
    #20261138 - 07/12/14 01:31 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Grain is highly nutritious and I'm willing to bet that half of the nutrients remain after several flushes.

Mycelium is a network feeder so if there are only 15 pieces of grain in your sub, your whole mycelium network feeds off of them. I seriously doubt that overly saturating your substrate with grain will do much good.

What I'm getting at is grain is important, for nutrition and inoculation points, but I have seen no real difference with a super low spawn ratio as far as overall yields.

Ie: why I disagree with  "most of the grows potential come from the grains"

Most of a grows potential comes from available moisture.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20261181 - 07/12/14 01:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

BE is not the deciding factor when it comes to cubes, it's speed and efficeincy and all about cycling out tubs, worry about your be when your growing edibles and have to squeeze a buck, most of us cube growers are not aiming at be were aiming at yield in a timely manner and roughly 80% of your total harvest will come in your first two flushes, straw may have a higher BE then coir but contams a hell of alot easier so the risks dont' outway the benifits for most now show us your test and quit being a dick already

Edited by cronicr (07/12/14 02:03 AM)

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #20261231 - 07/12/14 02:00 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid:
moisture and nutrition are both important

if u think moisture is primary factor in a grow, then take 1/2 pint of grains, and spawn that to 10 qts of polymer crystals, that hold 10x+ their weight in water, and see how many fruits u get.

mushrooms metabolize like us.

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20261894 - 07/12/14 08:17 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
BE is not the deciding factor when it comes to cubes, it's speed and efficeincy and all about cycling out tubs, worry about your be when your growing edibles and have to squeeze a buck, most of us cube growers are not aiming at be were aiming at yield in a timely manner and roughly 80% of your total harvest will come in your first two flushes, straw may have a higher BE then coir but contams a hell of alot easier so the risks dont' outway the benifits for most now show us your test and quit being a dick already

Quote:

blindingleaf said:
:whathesaid:
moisture and nutrition are both important

if u think moisture is primary factor in a grow, then take 1/2 pint of grains, and spawn that to 10 qts of polymer crystals, that hold 10x+ their weight in water, and see how many fruits u get.

mushrooms metabolize like us.

:whattheysaid:

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

OfflineQuexl
Male

Loc: Flag
    #20269150 - 07/13/14 11:33 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

camplo said:
Seems like your knowledge is limited. herbivore poo is really high in carbs but not so much protein.....

You're right I looked it up myself and herbivore manure is about 18% crude protein and 30% carbohydrates:

http://www.pnl.gov/main/publications/external/technical_reports/PNNL-14495.pdf
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/07/0717_wiremanure.html

It was an honest question, but thanks for the insults I guess.

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: Quexl]
    #20272269 - 07/14/14 05:15 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

What type of person believes in what they think instead of what they know....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

--------------------

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #20272335 - 07/14/14 05:25 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Please show enough respect to the OP's tek to take your off topic thread jacking elsewhere.
And using the TMC as gospel is rather dumb. check the date on the index of the book..

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: VYBE'S simple verm brick tek [Re: spacechildo]
    #20272361 - 07/14/14 05:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

He didn't get those specs from the TMC....shh.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract