Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepsilog
{o:o}
Male User Gallery

Loc: home on the range
Thermostat install help needed
    #13071512 - 08/18/10 10:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm trying to wire up a honeywell programmable thermostat.  model #RTH2310 with a 5-wire board. My mobile home has a Coleman Presidential II furnace/AC unit.  The existing thermostat is a 24V 2-wire system.  It works fine, I just want to be able to program the thermostat.

I have wire Rh and W coming from the furnace to the old thermostat.  I tried to hook these up to the digital thermostat by placing the same wires in their respective slots.  On the new thermostat my options are Rh\Rc\W\Y\G.  Rh and Rc have a jumper which the instructions say to keep in place for the kind of furnace/AC unit that I have.  When the digital thermostat was hooked up it only ran the AC continuously.  I hooked up the old thermostat and all was fine, it kicked on when needed and would shut off when needed.

I talked to a few people that may or may not have more knowledge about heat and air than I do and they said it sounds like I need a 3rd wire as a common.  I was told to hook the third wire to a known negative 24V source at the furnace.  I wasn't sure where to hook it up on the thermostat side so I went with the G slot, (G for green same as the new 3rd wire).  I know I was assuming a lot and potentially could fuck something up royal but this is DIY, am I right?  Anyway, this didn't work in regulating temperature would I could get the blower to shut off by switching the thermostat to heat and then the fan switch to off.  The blower switch off would not work If the heat/cool switch was set on cool.  Again, tinkering a little too much here but at least I had a new function.  Still not regulating the temperature so I hooked up the old thermostat and capped the 3rd wire.

A little more background on the furnace/AC unit; It has a manual AC/HEAT switch on the unit itself, also has a fan AUTO/ON switch.  It's old as shit too, most of the wiring diagram is faded and it's in a 1980s mobile home.  There is next to nothing about the this thermostat/furnace compatibility out there on the webs and honeywell's tech line is shitty.

Anyone out there a HVAC tech?  Your help would be much appreciated.:mushroom2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Thermostat install help needed [Re: psilog]
    #13072205 - 08/19/10 04:19 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinepsilog
{o:o}
Male User Gallery

Loc: home on the range
Re: Thermostat install help needed [Re: Seuss]
    #13072295 - 08/19/10 05:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks!  Which search engine did you use?  I've tried nearly every combo of honeywell, mobile home, and coleman presidential I could think of...using Google.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #13072331 - 08/19/10 06:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Seuss IS the internet.

He knows all things.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #13077413 - 08/20/10 07:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

> Thanks!  Which search engine did you use?

Welcome.  I probably used google.  No idea on the search terms.

> Seuss IS the internet.

Shhh... I don't want people to know that Al Gore is my father.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Thermostat install help needed [Re: Seuss]
    #13077531 - 08/20/10 08:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I see your point.

I wouldn't admit to being the product of his demon-seed either.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineShroomNewb666
Stranger
    #19799307 - 04/05/14 01:28 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Hey can anyone please help me install my thermostat for my incubator? I finished all of the wiring, but when the heat source is suppose to turn on, it only stays on for like 10 second's, and only at a fraction of the power. (Using a light bulb and it's very you dim, not noticeable if the lights are on.) I will show pictures of the wiring and everything. I can also send a pdf of the instructions if needed.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Thermostat install help needed [Re: ShroomNewb666]
    #19799565 - 04/05/14 02:45 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

You're running input power through that little pilot light off to the right. Remove that socket and wire nut the two leads together.

Your heat source should be connected to the yellow wires. I don't see one.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Thermostat install help needed [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #19799579 - 04/05/14 02:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

This is what you want, although... why a switch? The thermostat is the switch.

--------------------

OfflineShroomNewb666
Stranger
Re: Thermostat install help needed [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #19800576 - 04/05/14 06:53 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I was fixing my friends mess. He told me not to use the yellow wires. What was happening was I was only giving mu bulb volts, no amps at all. So I rewired it and it works perfectly. Thank god since it's a 150 dollar thermostat.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
9,662 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.