Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepitzman
Stranger

Re: South Australia 2014 [Re: sausages]
    #20400758 - 08/10/14 07:46 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Cheers for all the local info guys. It's been my first season and only had a bit of success, but I only got into it late June/early July so missed a fair bit of the action before I even know how to look/what to look for. Hopefully I can grab a few more from the area that I know provides and it's surrounds, perhaps, as this season winds up, but keen to find some crazy patches next season!:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineciggybuttbrains
Late night fun guy
Female User Gallery

Possibly Gymnopilus sp. [Re: bobwastaken]
    #20421345 - 08/15/14 07:20 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Found these in the hills. Need assistance with identification please

I think they are Gymnopilus sp but aren't positive

Found in a native wooded area, growing out of the forest floor

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Loc: Bottomless Pit Flag
Re: Possibly Gymnopilus sp. [Re: ciggybuttbrains]
    #20424659 - 08/15/14 09:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everyone how's your luck been with actives/subs last two weeks have been abit dry & warm, last week when I went out everything was looking dried out, season ending? Or just my patches might be abit weak compared to some. Was thinking of heading up today as it's been wetter & bit colder last few days but don't think I'll have much luck still.

--------------------
:trippinballs: CHOOSE THIS LIFE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN :trippinballs:

Offlinesouthaus
swim
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending [Re: southaus]
    #20425110 - 08/15/14 11:07 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

These are from today yet to be identified would have been prime three or four days ago

Quote:

SludgeCity said:
Hey everyone how's your luck been with actives/subs last two weeks have been abit dry & warm, last week when I went out everything was looking dried out, season ending? Or just my patches might be abit weak compared to some. Was thinking of heading up today as it's been wetter & bit colder last few days but don't think I'll have much luck still.

Looking very sad indeed I went out today and most is dead or dieing survivors are hanging around at the edge of smaller pine trees at the base of the mountains where water builds up amongst machine marks. Mainly in grassy areas that have not flooded but still hold water.
See my id request from yesterday also picked up a few more today but worked hard for them

Edited by southaus (08/15/14 11:30 PM)

OfflineHookerWithAPenis
Sub sniffer
Male

Loc: NZ Flag
    #20425393 - 08/16/14 12:23 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

southaus said:

These are from today yet to be identified would have been prime three or four days ago

Those are subs. You post a lot of ID requests which are always subs, I'm surprised you haven't gotten to the stage of confidently IDing for yourself yet. That said, you can never be too sure I guess.

--------------------

"Shine on forever, shine on benevolent sun. Shine on upon the broken, shine until the two become one."

Offlinesouthaus
swim
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending [Re: HookerWithAPenis] * 1
    #20425437 - 08/16/14 12:36 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HookerWithAPenis said:
Quote:

southaus said:

Those are subs. You post a lot of ID requests which are always subs, I'm surprised you haven't gotten to the stage of confidently IDing for yourself yet. That said, you can never be too sure I guess.

Yes I know but when you consider 8 weeks ago I knew nothing about subs or even forest fungi for that matter. I am feeling alot more confident now tho sometimes the variation in size age and habitat throws me off.
I have no regular patches as yet but will get in early next season. And hopefully get some nice pics to go with it. Still learning ..... thanks for the help shroomery.
Also I feel I am a little color blind and feel safer having someone in the know giving me a confident id.
Thanks again

Edited by southaus (08/16/14 12:39 AM)

Invisiblesausages
A subtle force of nature.
Male

Loc: Radelaide
    #20425881 - 08/16/14 04:12 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You're doing it right, I've never asked for confirmation for my subs but I know enough now to know that I bloody well should have a bit more for the first season or two. Even when you're confident about your ID skills, sorting through your hauls and ditching anything that's even slightly questionable is good practice for beginner. A lot of people can't accept such "wastage" but safety is a priority and having doubts about what you've taken can ruin a trip, especially a heavy one.

If you have a mulched garden bed at your place that you water regularly try "seeding" it with subaeruginosa stem butts and see what pops up next year.

--------------------
Anyone who hasn't got a field guide but wants one should check this out: Fungi In Australia

Keep things nice, Don't spread Phytophthora!

"We'll ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been"

Offlinesouthaus
swim
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending [Re: sausages]
    #20425935 - 08/16/14 05:01 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sausages said:
You're doing it right, I've never asked for confirmation for my subs but I know enough now to know that I bloody well should have a bit more for the first season or two. Even when you're confident about your ID skills, sorting through your hauls and ditching anything that's even slightly questionable is good practice for beginner. A lot of people can't accept such "wastage" but safety is a priority and having doubts about what you've taken can ruin a trip, especially a heavy one

A bit like when my friends wife tells him he ate the wrong shrooms and he was probably feeling poisoning half hour after munching 2 grams dry down. They were the right ones but he didn't get into it much after that.
It was his first ever go at them aswell....... poor bastard . Thanks for the confidence boost on id's.

What should I do with prints?

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: southaus]
    #20435184 - 08/17/14 11:36 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Ok long time reader 1st time post. Went out on the weekend (still finding subs:tongue:) But this time found a pine cone with 3 subs happily growing from it (will post picture tonight)Just wanting a few suggestions on what to do with it so as to keep on growing them.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: pineninja]
    #20435691 - 08/18/14 02:57 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Right so having a heap of fun trying to attach a photo to the message but I believe I have managed to upload the picture and share it?. I would now appreciate some assistance for both-Attaching photos to posts and -What to do with this pine cone they are now a few days out of natural habitat and drying fast. I have put them in a shallow tray of water to keep it moist but now im lost. I have always steered away from the whole growing side of things the difficulty of it and the abundance of shrooms in my near local area reasons why but with this ready formed medium I cant help but be curious would and could you help cheers

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

#20435707 - 08/18/14 03:03 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

j 
Ok sorry bout the qaulity

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Edited by pineninja (08/18/14 03:04 AM)

Offlineswicksey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Adelaide Flag
Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #20435942 - 08/18/14 05:07 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey pineninja,

Get yourself some mulch (pine bark works the best from what I've read), but I just went down to my local park where some trees had recently been mulched and I took a few bags worth. Get a pot bury the pine cone in it so it's submerged, moisten it with rain water. Probably worth picking the mushrooms before you do this though. The mycelium will spread through the mulch and hopefully fruit next autumn, if not then the following year you'll have a very high chance.

I've done the same thing a few months ago and the myucelium spreads quite vigorously, so hoping for some fruits next year :smile:

I'd imagine that the mycelium goes dormant over summer, I can't imagine much growth happening in our summers, so probably not worth worrying about it too much, but just keep it in a shaded area.

Have fun.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: swicksey]
    #20436097 - 08/18/14 06:41 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

That all sounds like really good advice and ill be taking it Cheers

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Offlinesouthaus
swim
 User Gallery

#20439562 - 08/18/14 08:31 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pineninja said:
That all sounds like really good advice and ill be taking it Cheers

I am jealous. What an awsome find well done.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: southaus]
    #20439940 - 08/18/14 09:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Just thought I would dump a bit of self learned knowledge as a part of giving back for the help. I have noticed that for many the season is slowing/over and cant help but feel like you maybe aren't changing your locations in tune with the time of the season. Generally I have found that once the frost comes to sth aus you must radically change where you would look.Obviously during the good times its relatively easy cut lines, decomposting material ect ect but to continue finding after frost like now! look for a place that will cop notherly breeze (must be 95%)protected. find a place with some sort of second tier ground cover (ferns/Long grass)And MOST importantly you will only find undamaged (frostbite) subs within a depression that is held warm by the thermal mass of the water it carries and in doing so protected from frost, this can be a river pond or in my usual case that trickle point on most forest or wooded hillsides (the point of least resistants for water)I am continuing to have good finds in most spots within the Adelaide hills but only by following these simple but crucial(at this time of year)few tips. I hope in some small way these tips may be of use to somebody cheers to swicksy and southaus.
I look forward to taking part in next years season with more of an effort to talking about and showing finds of my own and others.Cheers

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Offlineswicksey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Adelaide Flag
    #20441084 - 08/19/14 05:01 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey pineninja,

Cheers for the advice. I don't have a tonne of experience with hunting, but I had a really good success rate each time I went out to a new site. The reason I'm saying this is based on your last post, it's all about getting to know the mushroom and what habitat it likes.

When I first started hunting and had some luck I'd take notice of the aspect, the cover, what it's growing in and next to etc. This massively increased my ability to find new sites. Your advice is similar to what I've gone on, but I went out a few weeks ago to revisit a site and they were drying up. Might get out this weekend for look at one of my 'covered' sites and see what's happening.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: swicksey]
    #20443874 - 08/19/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yep so important !its gets to a point where you know where they will be before you get there. Google earth is mega helpful especially if you find  mushies near a creek or watercourse you can scan the length for the perfect spot . once you get your eye in its good times.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Invisiblezed240
Hunter & Information sponge

Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #20523152 - 09/05/14 07:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Still a tiny bit about.

Went for a walk today since it rained a bit last weekend and earlier in the week. Thought it'd be a nice day for a couple of little walks.

Found all these not 'that' far from the city.

Earth stars

This broke my heart, didn't expect to find any porcini but thought I'd look at a couple of spots, but there was one that had fallen apart and badly decomposed at my favourite patch.

Cant remember what these are called....

Couple of randoms

Pretty happy with how this pic turned out for a quick snap, spring is well and truly here!!

These little red things were tiny and very squishy. The yellow dots on them is pollen from the pines.

Tricholoma Terreum

And a few psilocybe subaeruginosa out there too.

I've got plenty of pics from earlier hunts that I didn't upload over the last couple of months. I'll upload them soon too. I'll put the dates they were found in the posts.

Anyone else found anything lately? It's been quiet here....

--------------------
~~~    :mushroom2: touch my ring :mushroom2:    ~~~

OfflineKUBIZM
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Australia
Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: zed240]
    #20531359 - 09/07/14 12:02 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Went out for a hunt the other week in my spot and found zilch.
A few weeks before hand I went there to see some couple in they're like 40s or 50s having a fucking picnic there! Haha
After they left I had a sus and the patch was raided :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: 2014 season ending not quite [Re: KUBIZM]
    #20541168 - 09/09/14 12:04 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Still a few round the rains plus that 2 night dip down to 6 degrees have given them one last chance to shine. found some new pins at spots where there were none a week and a half ago.
oh and its always that bit colder south.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder