Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Georgia Morels [Re: xfsketch]
    #19798814 - 04/05/14 10:58 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Very Nice:fuckinawesome:

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land, Ohio
Re: Georgia Morels [Re: Joust]
    #19798842 - 04/05/14 11:14 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Lol, that's mad funny :smile: they do look pretty hardcore, if you're used to just Agarics lol... Monday (thunderstorms all day...) is my only day off this week, so ill be romping in the rain, for sure!!! :smile: ill have to take an extra dose of the ShroomTech lol

--------------------
I don't mind being ogled, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule.
If you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful
The only thing you really know about me is.....That's all you'll ever know!!!!

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #19801234 - 04/05/14 09:26 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah Privet can get a pretty substantial trunk on them, and I've seen Morels growing mycorrhizal with them. About the white topped trees... Are you sure those aren't Sycamore? Also a host of Morchella. :thumbup:

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-He-Ho
Re: Georgia Morels [Re: Hashfinger]
    #19801248 - 04/05/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Could be sycamore I think youre right. I just found out earlier that a seed I found was from a sycamore by the creek :smile: getting anxious here.

--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#19801274 - 04/05/14 09:37 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

xfsketch said:
Could be sycamore I think youre right. I just found out earlier that a seed I found was from a sycamore by the creek :smile: getting anxious here.

Kinda fluffy ball thing? About the size of a golfball?

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

#19801324 - 04/05/14 09:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah thats it!

--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Edited by xfsketch (04/05/14 09:51 PM)

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#19802672 - 04/06/14 08:40 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

xfsketch said:
Yeah thats it!

I haven't had the best of luck under Sycamore, but that's probably because once I found a habitat that produced, then I pretty much stopped looking in all other habitats. It's funny because there are a lot of old-timers who are like, "Oh you need to be on a south facing slope with dead elms, sycamore, etc., gotta wear your lucky underwear, and accept the good Lord into your heart..." yadda yadda yadda, I'm just like, "Nah that's what you have to do."

--------------------

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

#19802694 - 04/06/14 08:48 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:yeahthatsfunny:

--------------------

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

Re: Georgia Morels [Re: art2312]
    #19802786 - 04/06/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Thats great lol. I have heard so many places to look now that I plan on just going out looking around everything lol. Im getting an early enough start. Its amazing I hadn't even heard of Morels until I heard deer hunters talking about them. They would say its like a race between you and the deer for the mushroom. Ive been playing in the woods all my life and hadn't seen any mushrooms that sparked my interest! So Ive yet to eat Morels also. Cant wait.

--------------------

OfflineXiliad
Banned from the methadone clinic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #19803543 - 04/06/14 12:57 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I FINALLY FOUND SOME!
:woooaaahhh:

they were growing right under the base of a wild privet by a big creek it was only 20-30 feet away from the creek, but you could see where it had washed out.

we hunted all day and only found two, so I guess we haven't gotten enough rain yet and the season is probably just starting.

we also found this cool variegated plant.

--------------------
"I cannot begin to unravel the imagery that imposes itself during the finding of an orgasm. I jacked off eight times that night." Alexander Shulgin PIHKAL #20 2CB

Edited by Xiliad (04/06/14 01:18 PM)

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

Re: Georgia Morels [Re: Xiliad]
    #19803751 - 04/06/14 01:58 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Nice finds! I have to find some privet to look under :wink: its still too early here but never hurts to research.

--------------------

Edited by xfsketch (04/06/14 01:59 PM)

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: the sticks in GA
    #19804137 - 04/06/14 03:52 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Heres on I found in henry co a week ago. Was already broke. And the only one I saw

--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Georgia Morels [Re: bloodycarcass]
    #19804194 - 04/06/14 04:04 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome finds guys!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#19807250 - 04/07/14 09:07 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Xiliad said:
I FINALLY FOUND SOME!
:woooaaahhh:

they were growing right under the base of a wild privet by a big creek it was only 20-30 feet away from the creek, but you could see where it had washed out.

we hunted all day and only found two, so I guess we haven't gotten enough rain yet and the season is probably just starting.

we also found this cool variegated plant.

Excellent! Congrats man! See, privet is the SHIT in GA! That plant is called "Trillium."
Quote:

bloodycarcass said:

Heres on I found in henry co a week ago. Was already broke. And the only one I saw

Looks cut! Is there someone else curious in your patch? Maybe they thought it was a false morel?

--------------------

Offlinelifestream
cult junkie
Female User Gallery

#19807377 - 04/07/14 09:55 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

maybe it was feeling depressed.

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

Re: Georgia Morels [Re: lifestream]
    #19807749 - 04/07/14 11:41 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Trillium is an amazing plant! I remember reading it takes like 7 years to come back if you pick it. Also its illegal to pick in certain places. Shoot. Ginseng only takes two years to start growing lol. Its said Trillium makes for beautiful scenery while hunting Morels :smile:

--------------------

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

#19807815 - 04/07/14 11:59 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

and no it was the only one i saw in that area. and was like that i figured was broke from a deer or squirrel.

--------------------

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

#19831698 - 04/12/14 07:36 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinelifestream
cult junkie
Female User Gallery

#19842936 - 04/14/14 11:36 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

finally!

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: Georgia Morels [Re: lifestream]
    #19844002 - 04/14/14 02:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lifestream said:
finally!

YES! Finally someone else is posting GA finds!! Congratu-fuckin'-lations bro! Nice haul! :stayfunky:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies