Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Loc: Somewhere
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Beanhead]
    #19589045 - 02/19/14 08:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Beanhead said:
Quote:

mindgnome said:
So I was reading through reports on "heroic" doses of various substances and came across something linked with LSD called "thumb printing". After reading this I am almost certain that these people did not get nearly the amount that they thought they did. Claiming to have ingested at least 500 hits of lsd. This seems impossible to me. If you have ever done legitimate lsd it should seem pretty obvious that 500 hits of the real thing would ruin you for life. I don't believe these people's claims to have done that much. Don't take their advice, and don't do a amount even remotely close to this because you will be fried. I usually advocate the use of psychedelics as a tool for the mind, but condoning this kind of excess is irresponsible when these people haven't even come close to what they claim they have. I would like to hear the thoughts of the people who know what this is. I call bullshit.

Prior to the Shroomery I had never heard of a thumbprint, not even from the junkies and the acidheads here.

Overindulgence :shrug:

Yeah me either. Maybe it is true. I don't know. People seem to think there is a threshold for how intense a trip can be but even if you did that much you would be in another world for who knows how long. Even the people who claimed to have done it say they never came down completely/were completely changed for life...I really don't see the point in doing that much. To me a psychedelic is something you should only do a couple times a year so you don't have to resort to taking a massive dose like that. I usually take enough to figure out my problems and if it were fun I wouldn't be learning anything from it. That is my point of view. Fun and interesting are two completely different things to me.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 3
    #19589072 - 02/19/14 08:55 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

OP has no idea what hes talking about

hes wrong, just leave it at that. he doesnt understand the dead scene or rainbow family

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Breathing down your neck Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Bassfreak] * 1
    #19589363 - 02/19/14 10:39 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:

hes wrong, just leave it at that. he doesnt understand the dead scene or rainbow family

--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: SpecialEd]
    #19589370 - 02/19/14 10:43 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
it's legit, but what a lot of people fail to realize, or just flat out want to acknowledge was,

every time someone thumbprinted, a new series of rc drugs that mimicked the effects of mdma and lsd were released to the public.

when the lsd missile silo lab was busted, the jwh series was created.

Every time someone thumbprinted an rc is created? :rofl:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19589378 - 02/19/14 10:45 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Every time someone thumbprinted an rc is created? :rofl:

yeah man.  duhhhhhhhhh

:rofl:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: memes]
    #19589393 - 02/19/14 10:50 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I was completely unaware. Can someone do another thumbprint?

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #19589446 - 02/19/14 11:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #19589451 - 02/19/14 11:06 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl:

You rock sir.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19589453 - 02/19/14 11:06 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Bassfreak]
    #19589907 - 02/19/14 01:19 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:

I don't understand overindulgence. I understand learning from the experience. I don't understand misusing the substance so it stays illegal because of the image it portrays in pop culture. I don't understand people saying they have good acid when it is in fact just a research chemical put on a blotter. I don't understand a lot of things, but I do understand traditional psychedelics.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

Edited by mindgnome (02/19/14 01:21 PM)

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome]
    #19589923 - 02/19/14 01:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

As stated earlier.  It's used today more as a precautionary tactic against undercovers I'd suppose.
One thing is for sure you're a dedicated motherfucker if your down for a thumbprint.
But givin the chance, now that I'm halfway convinced they actually are done,  I'd definitely do a thumbprint to be part of a never ending LSD fraternity. 
Totally worth the love. :lsd:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 1
    #19589942 - 02/19/14 01:30 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

No I don't think you do understand. I mean at first you thought it was a complete hoax, now it's you just don't understand.
It's overindulgence for the sake of it, and in some circles the thumbprint is a sort of ritualistic hazing thing.
As was mentioned LSD has a threshold or ceiling, you can only take so much before taking more doesn't really do anything.
Not to mention, an LSD tolerance builds up extremely fast and has almost an exponential curve.
If you take 2 hits one day, you will have to take 4-5 the next day to get to the same level. When acid used to be super cheap and everywhere, it was common for people to be taking a lot.

Don't know why you keep referencing people taking RCs and thinking it's acid. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. We are talking about LSD.

I agree that LSD should be taken in moderation and I despise anyone who tries to sell an RC as LSD and believe there should be a special kind of torture invented for them, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the thread.

If you've never experienced it then I don't understand why you feel the need to talk bad about it? How many times have you dosed LSD?

Yeah maybe my super doses of acid may have been overkill, but I still enjoyed the fuck out of them. Judge not lest ye be judged and whatnot.

--------------------

OfflineShattered Reality
Stranger

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #19589964 - 02/19/14 01:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheGreenArrow said:
Here is my question.  Didn't Grof find out that LSD has a saturation point?  Where is that point? When do you stop getting higher?

Yes but what "they" know is different from what clandestine chemists and their aicd freak friends know and have expereinced. With the scientific bunch they only know what they know from lab expereince with fairly responsible dosing.

From anecdotal evidence there seems to be a saturation level at "responsible doses". Chinacat said something to the effect of "at 1000 mics and 3000 mics there seems to be no difference, but when you reach 20,000 mics its a whole different experience". He mentioned that its possible when you reach heroic levels it "spills over" into many other receptor groups. I mean we really dont know what happens when one is to take that fucking much. Theres no research into that and there probably never will be with good reason. Whos going to fund research on thumbprint sized dosing ?

Im no scientist but I have one hypothesis; does tolerance and saturation point have any connections neurologically? I mean think about it, once you are fully emmersed in the LSD expereince you gain a pretty gnarly tolerance. WHy? Is that a saturation of seratonin? Perhaps if you take enough LSD before it begins working in you system it may have the time or ability to work differently. Perhaps this saturation is sort of a defense mechanism of the brain? Who knows, its just speculation. Science is wrong all the time, and many laypeople stumble upon accidental discoveries and cause people to have to rethink and reevaluate science quite often.

--------------------
All posts are fictitious and in no way to be taken seriously.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Shattered Reality]
    #19589992 - 02/19/14 01:42 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Anecdotally, I've found the saturation point somewhere around 1500 mics or so personally. When I was experimenting heavily I didn't really feel any major difference between a 10 strip of geltabs or 3/4 a vial of silver except maybe lasting a bit longer. Once you get into those SUPER high doses I'm sure things change.

Kinda like DMT I guess..There's a certain plateau you reach... but reach above a certain threshold and you "break through" to the other side...

LSD is probably one of the most studied psychedelics yet there is still so much we don't yet "know".

--------------------

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Shroomism]
    #19590041 - 02/19/14 01:51 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

It has everything to do with what I'm talking about because people don't understand up from down anymore. If you have to take that much acid you aren't learning from it. I don't see how you could. I understand everything about lsd, I understand tolerance and cross tolerance. I know what there is to know. I just think it is stupid talking about "dead family". What did they accomplish? What did Timothy Leary accomplish. Well one accomplishment was getting LSD banned and demonized in society as a drug that makes you kill yourself. Timothy Leary was full of shit. He ruined something that could have made everything better, like that preacher in Dallas that had the DEA start looking at MDMA because he was just giving it out to people. These things are for therapy. I don't believe people when they have to take psychedelics every week. They must not understand the message.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 2
    #19590048 - 02/19/14 01:52 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You are ranting. It's ok. Everything will be ok. There there now.

--------------------

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Shroomism]
    #19590067 - 02/19/14 01:57 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah maybe these people understand peace but once you get there your mind is already there. If you know yourself the easiest place to be is on the ground, in reality.

--------------------

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #19590078 - 02/19/14 01:59 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
What did Timothy Leary accomplish. Well one accomplishment was getting LSD banned and demonized in society as a drug that makes you kill yourself. Timothy Leary was full of shit.

He promoted the use of LSD, which was just the natural thing to do. Leary was awesome.

Hofmann had a love/hate relationship with Leary. He publicly chastised the Harvard researcher for encouraging young people to dabble indiscriminately with the drug. “In the beginning, Albert hated him,” said Dieter Hagenbach, a Swiss publisher who knew both men. “Then people began telling Hofmann that if LSD hadn’t spread all over the world, the sixties wouldn’t have happened and you would not have become the person you are now—the famous Albert Hofmann. Later, during their meetings, they had a great time together.
The Harvard Psychedelic Club. Don Lattin (2010)

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19590088 - 02/19/14 02:01 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
It has everything to do with what I'm talking about because people don't understand up from down anymore. If you have to take that much acid you aren't learning from it.

That is your perspective and has nothing to do with reality, I am afraid.  Your experiences with a substance don't represent the limits of possible experience with that substance.  I really wish people would stop assuming that their personal experiences with a given substance have anything to do with its potential uses, or the experiences that others have or might have with it.  They don't. 

Quote:

I understand everything about lsd, I understand tolerance and cross tolerance. I know what there is to know. I just think it is stupid talking about "dead family". What did they accomplish? What did Timothy Leary accomplish. Well one accomplishment was getting LSD banned and demonized in society as a drug that makes you kill yourself. Timothy Leary was full of shit. He ruined something that could have made everything better, like that preacher in Dallas that had the DEA start looking at MDMA because he was just giving it out to people. These things are for therapy. I don't believe people when they have to take psychedelics every week. They must not understand the message.

What does any of this have anything to do with whether an LSD thumbprint is a real and valid experience? :confused:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

#19590094 - 02/19/14 02:02 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If you believe that about Tim Leary your a :puppet: thats bought the official stories.  Do some research, actually read what the man researched and had to say.  He was the fuckin fall guy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order