Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Loc: Somewhere
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #19587150 - 02/18/14 08:33 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sorry guys I just fail to believe your mind could come back from something like that. I took a lot of hallucinogens in highschool and am still working things out. Not that it wasn't positive, but there were some negatives that came with it because of my overindulgence. Even I didn't come close to what some of these claims are. Not even close.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 1
    #19587154 - 02/18/14 08:33 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Chinacat72 is the only person I'll ever believe actually did it . He just lived that deadhead life and was pretty straight fowardwith the posts. It's possible he did it but :shrug:

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #19587158 - 02/18/14 08:34 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Chinacat72 is the only person I'll ever believe actually did it . He just lived that deadhead life and was pretty straight fowardwith the posts. It's possible he did it but :shrug:

whiterasta too. 

last line:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1428246#1428246

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: memes]
    #19587173 - 02/18/14 08:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

maybe it is possible. MAYBE but I am still skeptical.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

#19587176 - 02/18/14 08:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
I'm sorry guys I just fail to believe your mind could come back from something like that. I took a lot of hallucinogens in highschool and am still working things out. Not that it wasn't positive, but there were some negatives that came with it because of my overindulgence. Even I didn't come close to what some of these claims are. Not even close.

Nobody is saying your mind comes back from it; and if you've read any of china cat's posts, he says you're never the same again.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
    #19587183 - 02/18/14 08:39 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
maybe it is possible. MAYBE but I am still skeptical.

does it serve a purpose?

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: memes] * 1
    #19587188 - 02/18/14 08:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

memes said:
Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:

whiterasta too. 

last line:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1428246#1428246

Damn I missed that, yeah I believe him too, only certain people can get into that level of detail

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Breathing down your neck Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: berdinwall] * 1
    #19587196 - 02/18/14 08:42 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

berdinwall said:
Gnome youre just wrong...its a widely known initiation technique. Get over it

This heard this several times

Dead family, lsd circles

Thumb print initiation.

--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: theRAPeutic] * 1
    #19587205 - 02/18/14 08:44 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theRAPeutic said:
Quote:

mindgnome said:

Nobody is saying your mind comes back from it; and if you've read any of china cat's posts, he says you're never the same again.

This.  Chinacat72 says in his posts in that thread that there times every single day that he feels like he's tripping.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome]
    #19587226 - 02/18/14 08:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i remember hearing something similar about the stories being all a hoax, but i wouldn;t know.

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: zZZz] * 1
    #19587242 - 02/18/14 08:52 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Can't remember which one but one of the members of the grateful dead's kids found a vial of crystal  backstage during a show.  Thought it was coke and snorted it.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Kief Ledger] * 1
    #19587245 - 02/18/14 08:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kief Ledger said:
Can't remember which one but one of the members of the grateful dead's kids found a vial of crystal  backstage during a show.  Thought it was coke and snorted it.

think it was mickey's.  the vial was labeled "C' and they thought it meant 'coke'.  lol definitely stood for crystal!

can you imagine snorting a fat line of crystal and then being like OH SHIT

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: memes] * 2
    #19587267 - 02/18/14 08:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The whole my buddy did a strip and is fried... :facepalm:
My buddy ate $175 worth of acid, (which at the time was 150 hits of the Learys from 99-00..very good LSD (and yes it was really that cheap then)  ), I ate a meal he prepared 3 days later and as a matter of fact just crashed at his house two weekends ago. He's totally fine. He was a little tweaked for like 4 or 5 days, but maintained.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #19587279 - 02/18/14 09:00 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
No one seems to think it is ironic that the only place they have ever heard of this is from china cat. I read a lot of articles and even have read books on lsd and have had experience with it first hand. If it was a liquid, that means that the lsd was highly diluted before hand.

I have seen people lay sheets with crystal and lick up the mess. Easily several hundred hits. High dosage reports arent that rare. Even Pickard admits to accidentally exposing himself to very large amounts of lsd

InvisibleEdibleStereos
Healthy Body, Sick Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: I_was_the_walrus] * 2
    #19587313 - 02/18/14 09:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty sure this is legit.

And from what I've read, taking huge amounts of LSD will only get you so high. and then after that, more LSD just makes the trip longer, instead of more intense.

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19587624 - 02/18/14 10:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

yeah....I haven't heard that, but I could see that being true. There is a story of Dennis McKenna being in the Amazon and eating so much psilocybin he had a psychotic break for a couple of weeks or something. I have yet to read the book it was described in. I couldn't even imagine what hundreds of hits of acid would be like. If I eat two I feel like it is almost to the breaking point. I think maybe I must just be more susceptible to that state of mind. I have always had a wild imagination and maybe that has something to do with it. Mushrooms don't make me feel crazy like that though, they definitely make my mind feel open in a literal sense.

--------------------

Edited by mindgnome (02/18/14 10:18 PM)

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 2
    #19587645 - 02/18/14 10:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

There's an official medical report wherein multiple people accidentally ingested hundreds of thousands of micrograms, maybe more (serum/gastric levels are indicated). The individuals were soon released from the hospital and a follow-up was done later on and some of them said they continued to use LSD. So, this this thread is now officially over. :smile:

The full report is available for free.

Coma, Hyperthermia and Bleeding Associated with Massive LSD Overdose: A Report of Eight Cases. John C. Klock, MD, Udo Boerner, MS, and Charles E. Becker, MD. West J Med. 1974 March; 120(3): 183–188.

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: s240779] * 1
    #19587665 - 02/18/14 10:25 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

I love how you always cite sources.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #19587666 - 02/18/14 10:25 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have dosed 70+ hits of silver in a single dose, my mind is fine.
I know people who have done thumbprints, they are fine.

Psilocybin is not Lysergic Acid Diethylamide.

Just because you refuse to believe it does not mean it does not exist.

The CIA even experimented with bathing people in LSD to try and make supersoldiers. They went crazy. Because they were in a laboratory being probed by scientists and CIA.. being bathed in LSD.. you'd go crazy too. Set and setting.

LSD does not damage your DNA or whatever it is you think

Also a thumbprint is more like 1000 hits

--------------------

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: s240779]
    #19587677 - 02/18/14 10:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Not quite. One of the DEA agents that was involved with the Picard(sp?) lsd lab actually ingested hundreds of thousands of hits. He shaved his neck before handling all of the lsd and the lsd went through his freshly opened pores. He had ingested some ridiculous quantity of lsd. He was rushed to the hospital and started having seizures and convulsions. He actually did recover quite well but he cannot read because it impaired his focus so much. It was part of a video I watched. Sorry for no source I can't seem to find it. So while you say that it didn't harm people, that is sort of relative. It might not have killed them, but it permanently effected their brain function, I guarantee that. Also my aunt who was a doctor in the 70's saw a lot of people go crazy from doing too much. I am not trying to sound like a anti-psychedelics person, because I am definitely not, but acid is definitely the riskiest traditional psychedelic you can ingest. Research psychedelics are worse though because the ld50 is so much lower on rc's.

--------------------

Edited by mindgnome (02/18/14 10:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract