Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Loc: Indiana
Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log * 1
    #19558309 - 02/12/14 05:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

GhiaJake's Continual Indoor Grow Log
outdoor log here

Well it's about time for another grow log, I guess. I have recently been attempting to fruit all of the cultures I've collected, or at least get spawn ready for my up-coming outdoor beds. I figured I'd just post everything in one thread, since I have too many cultures to mess with doing individual grow logs. I will just continue to post all of my cultivation projects here.

There are several pics from my last edible grow posted around the site I was expecting them to be Blue and Yellow Oyster, but alas, they were King and Pearl (or pseudo Hyp Ulm). II'm not going to repost the pics here, but I will post links to the pics I've posted on our threads.

Let's start of with what I've got currently currently colonizing:

These grain bags are a mix of PC'd milo, grass seed, sawdust, and cottonseed meal. I spawned each bag with 1 qt jar of colonized spawn. Excessive I know, but these will be going to straw and/or sawdust anyways so I'm not too worried about it. The species are as follows: G. lucidium, G. frondosa, H. erinaceus, H. tessulatus, and L. sulphurus.

I found a hole in the bottom seams of the both the H. erinaceus and H. tessulatus bags so I'm expecting them to fail, but the others are looking good.

Now let's move onto my colonizing jars. All jars are of the same substrate mixture as the above bags. I saved a bit of master grain after G2G'ing each species just in case.

T. versicolor:

S. rugoso-annulata:

The jar on the far right I just shook up to see if the others need it too.

I also have this colonizing. I left some Pearl Oyster (or pseudo Hyp Ulm) in paper lunch sacks in the fridge for too long. They dried too much to eat, but the myc was growing through the paper sacks. I wetted the bags, after taking the mushrooms out, and compressed the paper wad to get the excess water out. I think it's colonizing rather well! :wink:

Now we go down into the bowels of my home, where I have temporarily converted my walk-in GH to a cold storage room. The temps are staying right around 42F down there, but that still hasn't kept my stored sawdust bags from pinning in-vitro. The left pile is all the Pearl Oyster, the right is King Oyster on the bottom and Lion's Mane on top.

I also have several species on both grain and dowel spawn, as well as in LC jars. In no specific order: 2 King Oyster strains, Nameko, SRA, Enoki, Pearl Oyster, Lion's Mane, and Shiitake.

Well, that's it for now since I don't have anything fruiting at the moment. I will continue to update as things change.

Update pics: 2/17
King Stropharia, Turkey Tail, Reishi, and COTW all at 100%.

Edited by ghiajake (03/14/14 04:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGroup
Working Together

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: ghiajake]
    #19558506 - 02/12/14 06:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Look's fun!

What kind of outdoor beds are you planning on doing? Hugelkultur?

It also looks like you have a few different types of LC lids. Which work best for you?

--------------------
We are starting a mushroom growing network to provide FREE and/or inexpensive gourmet and medicinal mushrooms to local communities accross the US and globally.
We have the opportunity to feed and heal each other. We simply need to work together. By sharing our talents we enable ourselves and others to enjoy a world of abundance.

We'd love for collaboration from YOU, PM me!

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: Group]
    #19558562 - 02/12/14 06:30 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to be playing around with several species outdoors. Probably all of the ones I mentioned above, plus others as I get them. Once I get them going I'll do a separate grow log for the outdoor beds, and keep this one for indoor projects.

As to my lids, go check out the LC link in my sig. That's the method I settled on. I also tried using the "whatman" style filters on grain jars, but later read how they didn't provide enough GE. That explained why I had a lot of them stall out on me (not pictured).

InvisibleLustyLocks
I'm a teapot

Loc: Mom's basement Flag
    #19559062 - 02/12/14 08:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Good stuff!
The paper sack oysters are pretty cool!

--------------------

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: LustyLocks]
    #19559077 - 02/12/14 08:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I thought so too. :smile:

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19559840 - 02/12/14 11:57 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in on this one!

:popcorn:

I've grown TT before but for some reason all mine are growing massive blobs now and not getting the furry tops.  :shrug:

Looking forward to seeing yours!

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
    #19559846 - 02/13/14 12:00 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:threadmonitor:

--------------------
My Trade List

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: Forrester]
    #19559857 - 02/13/14 12:04 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
I've grown TT before but for some reason all mine are growing massive blobs now and not getting the furry tops.  :shrug:

Looking forward to seeing yours!

I'm hoping to get results like wildernessjunkie's! Gonna take the grain to sawdust first, then cardboard and newspaper.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19560115 - 02/13/14 02:31 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

What kind of outdoor beds are you planning on doing? Hugelkultur?

Mostly planning on lasagna-style beds using cardboard, sawdust, straw, and wood chips. I am going to play around with spawning straw bale garden beds with various species as well to see what will work best. If it works out good, I'll be using them when building gardens for homeowners.

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #19563171 - 02/13/14 07:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:hi:

idle hands are the devils playground...good to see ur busy!

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: blindingleaf]
    #19563310 - 02/13/14 08:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Devil's Playground!?! That fucker leases it from me. Son-of-a-bitch owes me decades of past-due rent!

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19563344 - 02/13/14 08:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl:

dude u have sOOOOOO much spawn haha.  I'm wondering what/why u like dowels over anything else?  never tried them, and all i know is they can be used for logs...  please enlighten me if i am missing something!

kinda wish u were gonna do at least a couple indoor, maybe in a gh.  only because i am just starting on edibles, and that will be the route i take, so it would be nice to see any many edible GH grows as possible before i attempt my own. as far as edibles are concerned, i have only done oysters about 8 times (all straw logs, one sawdust) and shiitaki (brf cake, yielded enough for a half stir fry dish lol). so, anyway, i look forward to ur log!

--------------------
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19563622 - 02/13/14 09:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Shit, that a'int nothing compared to what I should have in a month or two.

Quote:

kinda wish u were gonna do at least a couple indoor, maybe in a gh

I will be doing plenty of indoor stuff. I have to fruit everything I have to make sure all the cultures are good. I have a couple Marthas for indoor fruiting. I did use a walk-in GH in my basement before, but it isn't very efficient when fruiting smaller amounts.

Quote:

I'm wondering what/why u like dowels over anything else?  never tried them, and all i know is they can be used for logs...  please enlighten me if i am missing something!

I don't like them over anything else. I just made up a bunch to try them out. I have about 1100 Shiitake, 300 King Oyster, 300 Enoki, and 300 pseudo Elm Oyster (or whatever they really are) dowels. I have a few trees to cut down when the world thaws that I'm gonna noc up, but you can use dowels to spawn anything. They just aren't as cheap and efficient as grain, straw, or sawdust.

Offlinecubenpete
Aminita good excuse
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
    #19564128 - 02/13/14 11:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:takingnotes: This should be a good thread, thanks or sharing.

OfflineSaint
Pope
Male User Gallery

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: cubenpete]
    #19576988 - 02/16/14 08:29 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Looks good  i like that greenhouse you have i have 3 of them my self  for $20 they are worth the investment.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Ghia's Edible/Medicinal Log [Re: Saint]
    #19578369 - 02/17/14 06:03 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

So all 6 TT jars, all 6 SRA jars, the COTW bag, and the Reishi bags are 100% colonized. The G. frondosa, H. erinaceus, and H. tessulatus bags aren't looking too good. They have way too much humidity in them and aren't colonizing right, probably gonna toss 'em. I'll post pics of the good stuff in a bit.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19578421 - 02/17/14 06:34 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Updated OP with pics.

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19579155 - 02/17/14 10:31 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:rockon:

is ur reishi bag only grain or sawdust or both?  and what are ur plans for that species fruiting wise?

--------------------
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19579546 - 02/17/14 12:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

These grain bags are a mix of PC'd milo, grass seed, sawdust, and cottonseed meal.

I'm going to be spawning the grain to a pasteurized sawdust mix in my 6qt Sterilite shoe boxes, then throw them into the martha.

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19579807 - 02/17/14 01:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

cool.  can't wait to see!

--------------------
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates