Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesker
Stranger
Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: Fungal growth]
    #19496423 - 01/30/14 01:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Man I have been looking, the government must have hidden them because they recognized the potential for people like us, but the peroxide is negligible, I just was thinking that putting a high nutrient substrate on your mushrooms might not be a good idea unless you were to create a clean room that also allowed gas exchange, for metabolism of the high nutrient substrate that creates nutrient stores in the body of the fungus that only the Psillo can use without risk due to contaminants that go into the solution. The H2O2 resistance that multi-cellular organisms have in comparison to the microbial contaminants makes a H2O2 fungi threshold solution that is at levels that inhibit single cell growth an ideal alternative that is much simpler and easy on the pockets, all this feedback is on the H2O2, none of it is on the plausibility of the experiment, the idea that the substrate can be nourished into a substrate that can produce massive amounts of shrooms without having to deal with the duration of growing the mycelium, increasing the yield per substrate and who doesn't love that. :aweohyou:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevikingsc
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada Flag
Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: sker]
    #19496516 - 01/30/14 01:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sker said:
YOU (not SWIM) are wondering, is it possible to mix a heat sterilized solution kept sterile at 1% H2O2 levels and like 1.5% honey, (feel free to correct these measurements) to rejuvenate cakes, of course done after fruiting begins and not done on a daily basis. SWIM got the idea based off of liquid cultures. Is it possible, probable, or a good idea.

Give it a shot. The worst it can do is contam. H202 kills spores it's not 100% guarantee against contams. An LC left in unsterile environments will contam quickly even if there is a drop of H2O2 in it.

If you try it on a spent cake dunk it in your mix for 24 hours and then at least wash off the outside of the cake with water.

Give it a shot. The worst it can do is fail. If nothing else it'll make an interesting thread.

Offlinevikingsc
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: sker]
    #19496575 - 01/30/14 02:01 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sker said:
Another idea is using the sterile cake to inoculate a larger one i.e. if SWIM had a half pint and buried it or set it in a gallon large cake.

Don't spawn to bulk with a spent cake unless you care very little of whether it succeeds, such as dropping it in the garden with a little coir on top. Save the trouble for spawning with fresh cakes.

Offlinevikingsc
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: vikingsc]
    #19496623 - 01/30/14 02:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Just bury spent cakes outdoors in a manure pile in a garden or flowerbed.  Adding nutes to spent cakes is asking for green molds.  It's not just the substrate that's spent, it's the mycelium.
RR

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: vikingsc]
    #19496628 - 01/30/14 02:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The colonized block of any given substrate is a single organism that has reached sexual maturity when it fruits. I dont think the myc can eat another meal and make more fruits.
More myc would still have to grow and metabolize. It would also have to outrun anything that has landed on the surface which will have had a head start.

Ps- the government stolee my shoestrings last week, so i believe you.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #19496868 - 01/30/14 02:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I heard something on NCBI,... I bet 90% of the people here couldn't read any article on there and articulate it back to me. I cant even read half of them and I have a background in multiple disciplines bio/chem/neuro half of the articles you can only read the abstract anyway. I luckily still have two sets of credentials that allow my to assess most of the full articles as PDFs for free, or have them scanned by a library and sent to me. I didn't find anything useful about h2o2 and mycelium that would have anything that could transfer over to this kind of mush cultivation.

InvisibleGimpCollector
To Drunk To Taste The Chicken

Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: bodhisatta]
    #19497021 - 01/30/14 03:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I heard something on NCBI,... I bet 90% of the people here couldn't read any article on there and articulate it back to me. I cant even read half of them and I have a background in multiple disciplines bio/chem/neuro half of the articles you can only read the abstract anyway. I luckily still have two sets of credentials that allow my to assess most of the full articles as PDFs for free, or have them scanned by a library and sent to me. I didn't find anything useful about h2o2 and mycelium that would have anything that could transfer over to this kind of mush cultivation.

I KNEW you were MENSA!

:thumbup:

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: GimpCollector]
    #19497238 - 01/30/14 03:49 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

A Justice system sees SWIM and interprets it as "someone who is me"

And it interprets "microscopy" as cultivation :lol:

--------------------

Offlinevikingsc
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: Kizzle]
    #19497269 - 01/30/14 03:56 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Long story short - Don't bother saying "SWIM"

OfflineDannyDGAF
Boomer Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #19498037 - 01/30/14 06:52 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Fungal growth said:

Ps- the government stolee my shoestrings last week, so i believe you.

The system has stolen many of my shoe strings too.  Damn bastards.  I bet they are making a huge nuclear ball of yarn with all of them...

--------------------
"You tell him, and I will smack you. I will smack you like a bad, bad donkey!"

Our dreams are a second life. I have never been able to penetrate without a shudder those ivory or horned gates which separate us from the invisible world.

"In order to use your head, you have to go out of your mind" -  Tim Leary

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reuse BRF cake [Re: GimpCollector]
    #19498900 - 01/30/14 09:42 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GimpCollector said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

I KNEW you were MENSA!

:thumbup:

I'm so mensa that I wouldn't pay for a mensa membership :eek:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags