Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
DayZ Standalone (Alpha)
    #19444207 - 01/19/14 07:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Who's playing it?

It's in early alpha right now.. game is bad ass. I picked it up a few days ago.
Lots of glitches and incomplete stuff and bugs as to be expected with an Alpha..
But surprisingly the game runs pretty damn smooth and you can actually play.. never had crashes or anything.

Most fun I've had in a game in a while. Apparently it's probably gonna be in alpha for a while.. a year or they say.

But yeah.. awesome fucking game.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMoonbeam
Loner

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: Shroomism]
    #19445275 - 01/19/14 11:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I've been playing the last week or two. It's actually becoming pretty lonely since I mostly play at night and alone. It's fun as hell once you have a gun and ammunition - I had a scoped mosin at one point, but fell off the power plant tower and died ):

--------------------

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

Loc: tennessee
    #19446556 - 01/20/14 08:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Rust is better.  Guy from garry's mod is helping with it too

OfflineMoonbeam
Loner

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: Sundrop]
    #19448612 - 01/20/14 04:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe if you enjoy building shit. Personally I hate the minecraft type aspect

--------------------

Edited by Moonbeam (01/20/14 04:57 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19450141 - 01/20/14 10:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard Rust is pretty good, I'll probably give that a try at some point.

As for better I dunno about that. Better is subjective.. and DayZ is only in alpha.. it has tons of potential.
And from what I understand it's basically a DayZ meets minecraft.. I'm not too big on Minecraft..

--------------------

OfflineMoonbeam
Loner

#19450451 - 01/20/14 11:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Rust is also in alpha, but I'm with ya on that. I'll probably try it eventually if I ever get around to building my own gaming PC. My laptop right now can just barely play day z :smirk:

What's your steam ID?

--------------------

Edited by Moonbeam (01/20/14 11:07 PM)

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: DayZ Standalone (Alpha) [Re: Shroomism]
    #19454525 - 01/21/14 07:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Who's playing it?

It's in early alpha right now.. game is bad ass. I picked it up a few days ago.
Lots of glitches and incomplete stuff and bugs as to be expected with an Alpha..
But surprisingly the game runs pretty damn smooth and you can actually play.. never had crashes or anything.

Most fun I've had in a game in a while. Apparently it's probably gonna be in alpha for a while.. a year or they say.

But yeah.. awesome fucking game.

Add me on steam: lordenate

I haven't played it yet but i have a couple friends who play and im gonna watch the youtube videos and figure it out.

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

#19455086 - 01/21/14 09:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Rust is in alpha and the devs for rust are >.  I have both, but to each their own.

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#19455888 - 01/22/14 01:46 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Too buggy at the moment though! Can invest days in a character only for him to get trapped in a boxed off no mans land, or lag himself to death of a building or something! Got great potential though I kind of feel like I'm wasting my life when I'm playing it! What with all the running and all!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineMoonbeam
Loner

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: wolf8312]
    #19457498 - 01/22/14 12:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That's so true, just getting to elektro from the east takes like 45 minutes sometimes. That shit is annoying

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19475406 - 01/26/14 06:11 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I just got this yesterday, you ain't kidding about the bugs and shit.  I had a few zombies walk through walls/fences after me.  Once I got used to that and learned to expect some of that sort of stuff, I started having a lot of fun.  It's pretty wacky sometimes, though.  I've yet to be pk'd although I assume it will happen at every turn.  I'm still doing a shitty job of surviving at the moment, but for having played less than 5 hours or something like that I feel like I've gotten a fairly decent grasp of the basics.

I'm hoping to actually find some decent gear soon, although it's difficult to find your way around in-game because the Cyrillic is difficult for me to recognize from in-game to the maps online.  I don't even feel comfortable enough to stand near any signs with a browser open for more than 10 or 20 seconds because zombies or people can be on you so fast. 

Great game, though.  I'm looking forward to wasting a lot of time on it.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: idiotek]
    #19477639 - 01/26/14 04:36 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah.. it takes a bit to be able to figure the game out to get gear and whatnot.

I've found a good strategy to completely gear up fast.. though it's a bit cheap I think. It works well..
Basically I go on a low pop server... spawn and figure out where I am.. it's usually on the east-ish side of the coast..
I run to the first couple houses to get gear.. hopefully try to find ideally.. at least a backpack, an axe to defend , and a couple things to drink and some food. Then I find a water spout, drink like 8 times.. then just haul ass and run down the road... east/north bound... follow the road all the way up the coast. Past Berezino

(I use this map for reference http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/8684080/img/Anonymous/dayz-vehicles-spawns-%28wiki%29.png ).
It takes a good 30-40 minutes to run all the way to the airfield all the way up the coast... I run the whole way... only stop maybe twice in the big towns.. Just to find another water well to drink at, and a soda or two and maybe some sardines or something for the trip. Just the bare essentials. Then I keep hauling ass north.

Past Berezino you take a left to Xhelm, and then it's just a quick shot North/Northwest through some woods to hit the airfield where you will find tons of "end game" gear.. M4A1, accessories (grips, scope, suppressor, 60 round magazines, etc), flak vests that hold 6 spots, medical supplies, food, drinks, TONS of ammo, and 300 round ammo containers.

All the good loot is up north mostly, the airfields especially. (There's also another bigger airfield in the far Northwest corner of the map).
But if you are on a high pop server...  there is a VERY good chance you will get KOS'd as soon as someone spots you at the airfield. Very hot PvP zone, since that's where all the good gear is.

It's happened to me a couple times, run all the way up there.. get some good loot, then walk around a corner and BLAP BLAP BLAP.. Dead.

That's why I generally go on completely dead or low pop servers, run up there.. run through and get all the gear...
Then I switch to another low pop server that the area hasn't been touched... and you spawn in the same place you left... so repeat and run through again getting all the loot.
Then just repeat that over and over until you have all the loot and ammo you could possibly want or carry, then you can run around like a crazy person with your machine gun and 5000 rounds :super:
There are some servers you can go on, that the loot resets like every 20 minutes.. those are good too.

It takes some time, but eventually you will be able to recognize the town you are in right when you spawn in the map just by the features of the town.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19477736 - 01/26/14 05:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, thanks for the map link.  I had another one that is almost like Google Earth or something.  I didn't realize that you could drive vehicles, or maybe that is something that hasn't been implemented yet but is on the docket?  Either way, I'm pretty sure this game is awesome and I am getting better every time I login. 

I'm having a hard time finding accessible servers though, it seems like every single time I try to login I get rejected for whatever reason, or I get in and play a bit and then I get a red broken chain link icon and the server drops me after several seconds.  Really annoying.  Alpha, alpha..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19479173 - 01/26/14 10:04 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah some servers aren't very stable... although other ones may reset often, and you'll get that DC icon when it happens a lot.

They haven't implemented driving vehicles yet.. it's on the list though.
But yeah supposedly it's going to be in alpha for like a year. heh

--------------------

OfflineMoonbeam
Loner

#19482528 - 01/27/14 05:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

A lot of the databases online are from the mod - it had vehicles and crazy ass guns that will hopefully be in the standalone version eventually.

How often do you guys play? We should fuck some shit up together sometime

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

Loc: Metro City, USA
    #19483991 - 01/27/14 10:36 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I have been playing the mod for a year+. The standalone is almost like learning an entirely new game haha. Me and Idio and LordSenate have been fucking shit up on there lately.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19484775 - 01/28/14 04:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, fucking shit up and getting murdered at the airfield by the same camping douchebags.  I was able to take one guy down with my axe but only after he killed Kruger.  RIP, NEVER FORGET HIS SACRIFICE.

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#19484930 - 01/28/14 06:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hahaha. We'll head back there tonight. Let's take our time gathering gear first though, maybe try to get some mosins and snipe them out instead of rushing in there.

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #19488276 - 01/28/14 07:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This game is sweet, but nobody will let me live long enough to even acquire anything.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: LysergicX7]
    #19488697 - 01/28/14 09:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

rust

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19489255 - 01/28/14 11:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Rust is pretty fun I'll admit. I was playing it a lot the past 2 days. Different kinda vibe though.
I actually do enjoy the crafting aspect

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19489283 - 01/28/14 11:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Found some proper weapons (Mosin, .357 magnum) and gear and made a go at the more populated areas of a high-population server tonight, and got shot and knocked out in the process.  Next time, I'm going prone and sniping with a long-range scope before I try that shit again, but I feel good about my prospects since I've dispatched a couple of foes now at short-range when they tried to get the better of me.  I love me some DayZ.

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#19489305 - 01/28/14 11:32 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:highfive:
It is definitely one of the most satisfying gaming experiences IMO, and it's barely playable at it's current state. :lol:

Once they flesh out the crafting/base building/vehicles in the next few months, we'll be looking at an entirely different game.

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19489314 - 01/28/14 11:33 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The fact that I kept playing after being so angry and irritated says a lot for the prospects of the game.

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: LordSenate]
    #19489331 - 01/28/14 11:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

For sure. That is how pretty much everyone's first time at such a confusing game plays out. Minus being accidentally killed by one of your fellow shroomerites for an apple, LOL.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19489338 - 01/28/14 11:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Spraynard Kruger said:
:highfive:
It is definitely one of the most satisfying gaming experiences IMO, and it's barely playable at it's current state. :lol:

Once they flesh out the crafting/base building/vehicles in the next few months, we'll be looking at an entirely different game.

Fuck yeah dude.

Shroomism, Senate, anyone else for that matter, if you guys wanna band together and do some bandit slaughtering, please let me know.  Kruger and I were on Mumble and then Skype for a few hours roaming the countryside looting and stalking and it seemed rather effective.  Another set or two of eyes wouldn't hurt one bit!

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19489459 - 01/29/14 12:17 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ventrilo works well also. I'm getting on tomorrow for sure

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
    #19505133 - 02/01/14 08:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I just picked this up. Was a big Arma 2 guy  and play 2 and 3 more then I do dayz.

Add me on steam Close&personal. We can hunt some bandits

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: trekie]
    #19582866 - 02/17/14 10:59 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone playing this lately?  Been having a lot of fun murdering bandits on the hill overlooking Elektro.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19583009 - 02/17/14 11:21 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I gotta gear up again but I'm down for some bandit murdering

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#19583034 - 02/17/14 11:26 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

We had some epic kills tonight. I wish I had a way of recording gameplay.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19583859 - 02/18/14 04:07 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I just spent over an hour gearing up.. I had an M4 with all the attachments and a shitton of ammo.. I was looting stuff on the airfield and saw some guy creeping around... I almost killed him but he shouted friendly and he wont shoot. He asked for some food so I gave him some.. he was acting all friendly with me and was running around with me.. I put my guard down and when I was looting something he charges me with an axe and fucking knocks me unconscious and says thanks for the loot. Fucking hell.. no more being nice to shady fucks.. I should have blasted him in the face when I had a chance.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19583914 - 02/18/14 05:00 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I had a couple of Germans approach me in Berezino a while back, I could have slaughtered them both since they didn't have guns but only axes, and they shouted friendly so I didn't do it.  I had been hit by a zombie and was bleeding (this was before the recent patch that stopped bleeding from zombie hits) and they pointed out that I should bandage myself.  As I was doing so, they walked up and killed me with a fireman's axe.  Had another run-in with some shady Germans just a couple of days ago as well.  At least half the time someone says "friendly" they end up fucking me over.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19583917 - 02/18/14 05:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If someone is friendly and I'm about to kill them, I will now say "put your hands up" and start counting to 5, and if they aren't up by 5 then they are dead.  It seems like they always start running around like crazy with fists up when that scenario plays out and I have to kill them anyway.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19584007 - 02/18/14 06:31 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I forgot how shady people are in DayZ.. I learned to be SUPER cautious in Rust.. but there it seems most people are either KOS or Friendly. The KOS people will just start shooting instantly, the friendly people will generally shout friendly and stay that way.. it's rare(er) they will backstab you later on. In DayZ seems there's more bloodlust, even when I'm packing a gun and a total noob comes up to me swinging fists :lol:

Also death in DayZ feels like a much bigger loss. At least in Rust you can sometimes get your gear back if you can make it back to your corpse.. and if you have a base you have backup stuff. DayZ you start from scratch every time.

But yeah we should team up in Berezino or something soon, once I get geared back up :mad:

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#19584434 - 02/18/14 09:51 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The biggest issue I have with Rust so far is that my frame rate is shit, even on the lowest settings; whereas on DayZ, I can run it at moderate settings getting 35-40 FPS without a hiccup.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19584649 - 02/18/14 11:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think DayZ is even optimized for GPUs or anything yet so when they do get that figured out, it will probably be a hell of a lot better than it already is.

Shroomism:  You should hook up with us sometime when we're on our friends' server.  They can reset it at will and it makes gearing up a lot easier sometimes.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19590444 - 02/19/14 03:32 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Cool what's the server? I'm already all geared up again already. Just being cautious.
I log in late at night on very low pop server that resets a lot and just farm the NE airfield over and over.
So far got all the gear back, M4 w/ accessories, 300+ rounds, 2 med kits w/ 2 saline bags, defib.. tons of food.

Just gotta farm a bit more to get some perfect condition scope/suppressor and another 300 round ammo box (which actually holds way more than 300 rounds I have found). And I good to go!

Normally ammo stacks to 30 or 40 right? Basically you get those 60 round magazine completely full, empty them.. and you have a stack of 60 bullets you can put in the ammo box, and I think you can fit 8-10 stacks of that in the ammo box? So actually 480+ rounds will fit in the "300 round" box

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19591925 - 02/19/14 08:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm rocking some TtSKO pants and jacket, ballistic helmet, camo assault vest, SKS with a couple of speedloaders and a small amount of extra ammo, a magnum with a speedloader and gobs of ammo in an ammo box, and a good ol' firefighter axe.  I didn't get any medkit stuff, just some bandages, so I'll hit up the hospital in Elektro tomorrow or something.  I'll hit you up tomorrow or Friday if you want to get in there and do some bandit killing.  I usually just pick the most crowded server possible for that stuff and hit Elektro "sniper hill" area at this point. 

I've never messed with the M4 much, I don't care for it compared to a Mosin (especially with the long range scope) or an SKS.  I'll grab a few saline IV kits if I can find room for it.

Offlinejammin
MN Adopted
Male

Loc: Missourah
    #19591961 - 02/19/14 08:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

My laptop is a piece of shit, so I can't run it, but that game looks sick. I have a friend that plays it. This sounds really neck-beardish, but I watch youtube videos of this guy called frankieonpcin1080p play Dayz and he's hilarious.

Armas III (what dayZ is based off of) has a mod called altis where it's like cops and robbers. You can get speeding tickets, sell drugs, be a cop, get arrested, etc..

--------------------

And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: jammin]
    #19592892 - 02/20/14 12:56 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: It's so hard being nice in this game. You just get shit on all the time. I've been betrayed a bunch it's shitty, and it makes you cold as fuck, too. I mean I don't kill freshies unless they get close but if you have a gun I'll probably shoot.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: gzuf]
    #19593352 - 02/20/14 04:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm the same way.  We ran into a guy on the road south of Berezino near the gas station and he was obviously a fresh spawn, so we gave him some food and water and an axe.  He just stood there for a while and I started to think he was waiting for friends to show up and kill us for our gear or something.  Paranoia is definitely built into the format.  It's a lot of fun to help out or meet genuinely friendly people though.

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19602511 - 02/22/14 01:22 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism, add me on steam.. lordsenate

I've been slacking lately but I will play pretty much whenever as long as I'm not in the middle of something.

Watch idiotek, he might kill you for your apple.. lol

If anyone else wants to add me for this or any other game, go ahead and send me a request, just give me a heads up.

Last time this game was frustrating but I still had a fun time even while being shitty at the game.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19603402 - 02/22/14 09:45 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You should play this game again.  It's been like a month since that happened!

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19605602 - 02/22/14 07:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm definitely going to, been relaxing a bit but I'm about ready to start destroying some people on that game.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19609551 - 02/23/14 06:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Think I'm fucking done with this game for now.

I just logged back in after a week, I had spent ~4-5 hours last week gearing my guy up. I log into a server and INSTANTLY - WHAP.. you are dead. Some fuckhead just whacks me from behind and kills me in one hit.

It seems EVERY single time I get some gear, I get killed before even doing anything. That's been the same fucking thing every time the last 6 or 7 times I have geared up.

I hate to rage quit but this shit gets so old. EVERY fucking time. It's just a grief fest. Half the time I don't even see the guy.

At least in Rust there is armor.. you don't die in one fucking hit. And if you do die you can sometimes get your shit back. And even if you lose everything you were carrying, you can still have a base and have gear there. This shit is just stupid.. I spend a couple hours gearing up.. get killed... start over from nothing all over again. Rinse and repeat. I don't think I've even killed anyone in a month. If I play again I'm just going to shoot every single person I see.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19609600 - 02/23/14 06:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I dunno man, sounds like you're playing in busy servers and logging in/out in bad locations or something.  I'm geared up on both hardcore and regular characters now. 

I've gotten shit back several times, but I try to play with friends and use Mumble/teamspeak or whatever.  I don't really like comparing DayZ to Rust because the latter looks like some kind of cheesy cartoon while DayZ is a little more like a military sim IMO.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19609647 - 02/23/14 07:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Nah.. I'm always on a server with less than 6 people... but I do log in/out in rooms in the airfield.. I should probably not do that.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #19609691 - 02/23/14 07:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've logged 70+ hours so far. Can't wait for a few more patches.

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

InvisibleChasingBliss
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Los Santos
Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: The Phleg]
    #19609723 - 02/23/14 07:30 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I bought it but my computer can't run it for more than 30mins :frown:
Amazin game though.

--------------------
:leaf:

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

#19611321 - 02/24/14 07:34 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Yeah I forgot how shady people are in DayZ.. I learned to be SUPER cautious in Rust.. but there it seems most people are either KOS or Friendly. The KOS people will just start shooting instantly, the friendly people will generally shout friendly and stay that way.. it's rare(er) they will backstab you later on. In DayZ seems there's more bloodlust, even when I'm packing a gun and a total noob comes up to me swinging fists :lol:

Also death in DayZ feels like a much bigger loss. At least in Rust you can sometimes get your gear back if you can make it back to your corpse.. and if you have a base you have backup stuff. DayZ you start from scratch every time.

But yeah we should team up in Berezino or something soon, once I get geared back up :mad:

Pretty sure losing all your shit when you die is the point. Most games don't have the balls to completely wipe your character once you die. Day Z is supposed to be unforgiving. There is also going to be rarer loot in the future and character progression. So dying is a huge deal. But that's what makes for those chest pounding moments.

I've already put 200 hours into Day Z, and it's an alpha holy crap :shocked:

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19612267 - 02/24/14 01:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LysergicX7 said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:

Pretty sure losing all your shit when you die is the point. Most games don't have the balls to completely wipe your character once you die. Day Z is supposed to be unforgiving. There is also going to be rarer loot in the future and character progression. So dying is a huge deal. But that's what makes for those chest pounding moments.

I agree.  I also stopped server hopping in one area so I have been forced to learn the map a lot more and figure out how to evade bandits, etc.  It has been quite rewarding in that respect, not only in learning how to survive using something other than end-game gear sets but also because I've seen a lot of neat things and met a lot of cool people, as well as dealt with my fair share of assholes.  I like to get geared up, don't get me wrong, but I'm also not afraid to die and don't expect to live very long when I'm geared up anyway because people tend to want to kill you for your shit, or see you as a threat otherwise.

PM me whenever if you want to play in a server sometime, I'm almost always down when I have time.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19612650 - 02/24/14 03:01 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LysergicX7 said:

I do understand that losing all your gear is what happens when you die and you can expect to die a lot because that's the nature of the game. It just gets REALLY old when you die 23239087235 times out of nowhere before you get a chance to do anything, and a lot of times it happens right when I log in, before my character loses the "fuzzy vision" thing you get on a lot of servers when you first log in. I should probably log out in less sketchy places I guess.

I also don't understand how someone can kill me in ONE hit from full health with an axe when I'm fully geared, when it takes a zombie like 50 hits to kill me when I'm naked. I've also hit players with an axe and they sure as hell didn't die in one hit.. usually takes 3-4.

Also what really pissed me off last night is I geared up again (after I made that bitching post).. spent about 2 hours... then I got killed by an invisible teleporting hacker that was playing music in the game chat. At least there's less hackers here than in Rust.. but that shit is lame as fuck. I hate hackers in multiplayer games SO much.

But yeah, I geared up again and got the hell out of the airfield. Now I'm in Berezino and was having some fun. I want to team up with some people and go bandit hunting when I have some free time. I have handcuffs :laugh:

Also the 300 round boxes can hold 600 rounds, if you stack each stack to 60

--------------------

Offlinelevonskylark
chou chou
Male User Gallery

Loc: Big Green Amore
    #19618592 - 02/25/14 08:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I believe there are also character wipe glitches.  I've lost a couple
that way, only to gear up again, log onto a different server, get my
character restored, and then have it all disappear again.  It's a
pretty frustrating running/murder simulator right now, though I see
greatness in its future
:ohboyohboyohboy:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: levonskylark]
    #19618632 - 02/25/14 09:04 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I've had that happen a few times as well. I know if you server hop too fast/often it can wipe your character.
But I've had it happen a few times after just logging out for an hour or two, and logging back into the same server and being totally naked at the coast. And no global wipe happened.

Alpha what can ya do :shrug:
I do see great things in the future. If they can get crafting and base building and vehicles implemented.. that would make it amazing

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19618854 - 02/25/14 09:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've had that happen, and once I fully loaded in the server, I logged out of it and back into the previous server and it fixed/restored my gear.  It's weird like that.

Hardcore servers are where the most fun happens, I think.  You don't run into nearly as many huge groups of heavily armed douchebags, though they do still exist there.  Seems like I've had more interesting experiences with friendlies and strange encounters with wackos on those servers than on the regular ones.

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

#19619497 - 02/26/14 03:50 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Just thought I'd leave this here. Dev blog from the other day.

Showing physics, lighting, cooking, etc.

--------------------

― Albert Hofmann

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#19619990 - 02/26/14 09:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Saw that yesterday too.  I particularly like the idea of throwing things.  It's honestly a wonder he even continues working on this stuff or dealing with the public because of the way people treat him on places like Reddit, Twitter, etc.  Nobody is ever satisfied.

One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19620025 - 02/26/14 09:13 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I think he probably understands thats how it works a lot of times. With alphas and betas, especially ones where you pay for the game ahead of time. People kind of start asking for too much, obviously they need people to help test and fix things but some people don't know where to draw the line. But that will dissipate the closer it gets to release, once it has a lot more stuff in it. It will get even better one it is released. The money is probably a good motivation too, although even if I had that money, I would be insulted sometimes with how people act.

Offlinelevonskylark
chou chou
Male User Gallery

Loc: Big Green Amore
    #19628668 - 02/27/14 11:52 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Funny DayZ videos

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19773249 - 03/31/14 01:42 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I still play this game all the time, I think it's masochism.

I play for a few hours, get geared up.... then randomly die to bugs. Then repeat.

No joke.. I had geared up for about 5-6 hours the other night... I go and crouch in a corner of some house to eat... and I just die. I was perfectly healthy... wasn't bleeding... wasn't starving.. no zombies... no other players were even on the server. I just get "You are Dead" and a black screen.

I mean I understand dying from other players, or even switching servers sometimes, but goddamn, just randomly out of nowhere?

I just started over and started gearing up again :shrug: I think it's masochism.

I've run into all sorts of other bugs too. Like the one where I rubberbanded while walking on the ground, and ended up on top of some watch tower and walking over the rail and falling 50 feet to my death, that one was awesome.

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

#19773708 - 03/31/14 03:44 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Oh arma. I still play now and then too. Was it you I accidentally killed with an axe?
I hate how bad melee weapons are ...

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: trekie]
    #19774417 - 03/31/14 06:54 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I just got killed a while ago because some dude was glitching inside of a rock next to the shipwreck.  He could pop out and shoot you randomly without warning and then hide inside.

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

#19777553 - 04/01/14 09:32 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I had a dude get shot 3 times with an sks. hit with an axe then foalt in the air out side the building.

Pull out his gun and glitch in the closet ....... He shot me and took all my stuff:sad:

I hate hackers script kiddies  :kingcrankey:

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra

Folding@home Statistics
    #20213445 - 07/01/14 11:58 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

DayZ's made a bit of progress since I bought it last year. Here's a screenshot of one of my buddies sitting by the campfire. We crafted a fishing pole and dug up some worms, but didn't catch a damn thing.

At least we had some Old Rasputin.  :drunk:

http://i.imgur.com/6QB4sCt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vfElQxs.jpg

Feel free to add me on steam if you just wanna roam around Chernarus doing random shit. "_captain_tito"

--------------------
--------------------

Edited by The Phleg (07/02/14 12:05 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20213480 - 07/02/14 12:10 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Nice screens :thumbup:

I added you.. though I'm such an anti-social bastard when it comes to DayZ.. I usually hoof it alone and just farm. But I'm down for some group hijinks sometime.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra

Folding@home Statistics
    #20213619 - 07/02/14 12:50 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20214003 - 07/02/14 05:16 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I just added you to Steam.  I haven't played since the new features in Stable were in experimental phase.  The new city in the NE is pretty awesome, we should meet up and explore it some time.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20214030 - 07/02/14 05:42 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm currently in the West (near Vybor) farming heli crashes for loot
West is the new spot to be apparently. At least that's where all the heli crashes are

New patch is live! Hand grenades, flashbang grenades, MP5K added.. tons of other stuff
Excited to find an MP5K.. apparently you can carry them in a backpack
Patch notes here - http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/201769-changelog-stable-046124490/

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra

Folding@home Statistics
    #20215093 - 07/02/14 01:09 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

idiotek said:
I just added you to Steam.  I haven't played since the new features in Stable were in experimental phase.  The new city in the NE is pretty awesome, we should meet up and explore it some time.

For sure. That's the area I've been lurking lately. I'll make rounds between Svet, Berezino, and occasionally the NE airstrip or up to that new big city to the north. Svet's where I've been calling home though, but the traffic is hit or miss.

--------------------
--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra

Folding@home Statistics
    #20279099 - 07/15/14 10:20 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Buddy of mine and I made our way out west for the first time in months. We got some decent gear at the AF, nothing special, then went to the military base due south where each of us found an AKM, our firsts. No mags or drums anywhere in sight. :mad:

I can't believe we didn't spot a single heli crash sight during the entire trek. We must have seen at least 20 possible locations. :mad2:

http://i.imgur.com/9GG90GM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cT0dNNY.jpg

--------------------
--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20279117 - 07/15/14 10:26 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Apparently it has something to do with police cars or crashed vehicles that can spawn.. something like if one spawns on the server, the other has a much much lower chance to spawn. Like if crashed cars spawn, crashed helis are basically non-existent, and vice versa, last I read.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20356652 - 07/31/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/175957169845835283

Change Log - 0.47.124641
July 30 - Hicks_206
Note: This update features many new features and their initial implementations. We will be watching server data, and the feedback tracker for any potential severe issues and will address them accordingly with a hot fix.

Note: Change log pending contributions from engine/programming team.

Known issues:
Player can in rare circumstances enter a state in which they cannot attack and must relog
Character may temporarily enter a frozen state when throwing (resolved a few seconds)
Melee targeting is off in some situations
Players can in some circumstances experience slight desync with server
Dynamic server events are temporarily disabled
Backpacks rearrange after reconnection
Players restrained while unconscious remained restrained until reconnection (after awaking)
Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch

New:

Actions: cans can be opened with SKS bayonet and sickle
Actions: added playerDrinkCan action to config
Actions: added Melee class to SurvivorBase
Animations: New default aimed animations with rifle
Animations: Player now can walk while surrender
Animations: Transitions for surrender/restrained player
Animations: Crouched zombie animation set
Animations: Reload for CZ527
Animations: Hand poses added for matchbox, Injection Vial, Hacksaw
Animations: Drinking from can
Character: New female face models
Character: New male face models
Engine: Ragdoll support for Zombies & Players
Engine: Initial implementation of navmesh for zombie pathfinding
Items: Boonie hat fishing hook storage
Items: Chemlights
Items: AK101
Items: CR 527
Items: Makarov
Items PM 73 RAK
Items: Medium Civilian Tent
Items: Paramedic clothes (jacket and pants)
Items: Military Boots now store knives
Items: Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo bandana added
Items: Untied Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo bandana added
Recipes : Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo as a bandage
Recipes: Red, Black, Polka dotted, Olive and Camo bandanas can be untied and tied to mask
Server: Persistent item support (disabled for this update)
Server: Simulation changes to support increased server performance
Server: Persistent storage support (disabled for this update)
Server: Dynamic loot respawning
World: Turovo village added

Fixed:

Actions: Player is not able to fill a ruined canteen from well.
Actions: When player opens ruined canned food there is low amount of food left.
Actions: Player is not able to pour water from a ruined canteen.
Actions: Player can no long empty magazine attached to a weapon
Actions: No access to catch rain action during ongoing action
Actions: Fishing actions displayed while using different items than rod
Actions: Added missing part to improvised bag/backpack crafting messages in action menu
Actions: Zucchini can be force fed
Actions: Added new drink from well animation to blue well
Actions: Unable to use actions while swimming or while on ladder
Actions: Player can take Makarov into hands straight from ground
Actions: Player can take PM73 RAK into hands straight from ground
Actions: Removing item on which consume action was called, not item which was swapped to hands during consume action
Animals: Visual improvement of cow, rabbit and wildboar
Animations: Gestures related bugs fixed (Facepalm, Cut throat, Silence)
Animations: Crouch moves with bow
Animations: Prone moves with pistol
Animations: Fixed multiple issues with vaulting
Animations: Zucchini handheld position
Animations: SoundEdge(footstep sounds) set correctly for kneel run with rifle
Animations: Face-palm doesn't make the player stand up from prone anymore
Animations: Sitting tweaked(changing weapons keeps player in kneel, instead of making them stand....)
Engine: Adjustment to Night time lighting levels
Items: Dimmed fireplace light so it not interfere with HDR
Items: tweaked shotguns dispersions and recoils
Items: tweaked pistols dispersions
Items: tweaked rifles, carbines and SMGs dispersions
Items: tweaked attachments (optics, buttstocks, handguards, compensators, bipod) dispersions
Items: Wooden sticks can be held in hands
Items: CR527 shadow glitch fixed
Items: set chemlight to last 60 minutes
Items: lowered light intensity for chemlights and flare
Items: removed buttstock as default spawned attachment for MP5
Item: Binoculars size reduced
Items: added other chemlight color material variants
Modifiers: removed vomit message from blinded modifier
Recipes: You can paint cz572 black, green and camo
Recipes: Player can't tear clothing into rags while there are things in it
Recipes: Ruined cans opening tweaked

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20356704 - 07/31/14 05:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Nice... I'll probably play some tonight. Still haven't found a damn heli crash since the last update..

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#20356730 - 07/31/14 05:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Have you given the Epoch mod a try yet? If play it if I had teammates to build a base/fix vehicles with.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20356798 - 07/31/14 06:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

My frame rates are way lower now, I don't recall tweaking any settings.  That's a drag.

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#20356819 - 07/31/14 06:07 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It seemed to run alright for me.

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra

Folding@home Statistics
    #20356944 - 07/31/14 06:31 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Go back and check your settings, sometimes they'll reset on their own.

--------------------
--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20357288 - 07/31/14 07:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Nah haven't tried it yet.. haven't had too much time for games lately..

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: DayZ Standalone [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #20389101 - 08/07/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20389455 - 08/07/14 07:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

That's a big ass thumb you have there :lol:

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20390661 - 08/08/14 05:09 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It comes in handy when the rarest of loots, toilet paper, runs out.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #20393215 - 08/08/14 07:44 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Nah haven't tried it yet.. haven't had too much time for games lately..

Your gaming time is only going to shrink going forward.:laugh: Babyroomism's are neeeeeedddddyyy as fuck!

hehe.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale