Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Zombi3]
    #19401647 - 01/10/14 11:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Quote:

Demonic_Chronic said:
Only place I've seen hallucinogenic puffballs is Farcry 3. Which btw is an amazing game beyond amazing.

DC

This. Also I laugh every time I see your archer gif, that show is flawless.

Agreed, Archer is the shit! :super:

When I read "Hallucinogenic Puffballs", all I thought of was those things in Yoshi's Island...

--------------------
"Pebbles and marbles like things on my mind,
Seem to get lost and harder to find.
When I am alone I am inclined,
If I find a pebble in sand,
To think that it fell from my hand..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Tracker_Buckmann]
    #19401782 - 01/11/14 12:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds like a mature specimen of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvatia_cyathiformis. If so it is edible and unlikely to be hallucinogenic, but who knows since this mushroom is usually cooked before being eaten it is entirely possible that the raw version could be psychoactive. It should be noted that raw mushroom is kind of indigestible and may cause gastric upset when eaten. The mushroom you describes would be inedible at this point having long since passed its prime and sporelated.

I read somewhere that Native Americans would snort the spores to get the effects. I see this as highly unwise. However perhaps the spores are the psychoactive part. Unlikely but possible I suppose. I wouldn't snort the damn things since I would keep large amounts of fungal spores far away from the warm moist environment of my lungs. But perhaps consuming dried spores orally. Again I don't suggest this, they could be toxic as all hell. But it could be worth looking into, puffballs grow everywhere, they fruit by the hundreds maybe even thousands in the woods here.

I am not an expert, so DO NOT go snorting and or eating puffball spores en mass because some guy on the internet said they might get you high. I don't know what I am talking about, just ideas. I would think however that trying out dried or fresh puffball could be a good starting point. Just remember the chitin in raw mushrooms can cause gastric upset. And never eat a mushroom you haven't identified. Got a mushroom you don't know what it is? Get that fucker identified or toss it. Don't eat it.

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale