Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Loc: Eastern Canadia Flag
Cluster Busting Trip Report
    #19350423 - 12/31/13 09:38 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey folks, so I'm a sufferer of semi-annual cluster headaches usually lasting 20-40 days per cycle with intense migraines most days during a cycle. I came across the cluster busting website and got interested in cultivating my own alternative to the extremely expensive triptans I am prescribed as acute treatment and the debilitating calcium channel blockers and beta blockers I've been given as prophylactic therapy.

I had a migraine "ghosting" (there but not yet reaching a high degree of pain, light sensitivity, etc.) yesterday after returning from my holidays and was wishing I had some options for cubes as my initial batch of cakes did not produce anything and my second batch had come down with what looked like a bad case of wet spot bacterial contamination. I did not have time to deal with the contammed cakes before leaving on holiday so I put them in a large rubbermaid in the closet and sealed them away.

To my surprise, the contaminated cakes must have decided to fruit to try to save themselves and a large single fruit had punched through 3 layers of foil and the cap was obviously very dehydrated. Poor fellow! Certainly not ideal or expected but huzzah, I have some medicine!

So I harvested and cleaned the single mature fruit and put the contammed cakes in a separate FC away from the rest of my projects to finish flushing. I'll clean it out later and bleach the perlite, etc. On to the dosing!

So I weighed out 4.49 grams of fresh cubes thinking this would be barely a threshold dose - I was aiming for sub-hallucinogenic as per the cluster buster website advice. Well, this guy was fairly potent as I experienced all the hallmarks of a solid trip (albeit at the low end) but I have 12 years experience with cubes recreationally and have taken as much as 8 grams dried in a single dose and I can tell you what I thought was less than .5 g dry on an empty stomach got me all the way to visual pattern hallucination and intense introspection. Did not expect that - usually I need close to 2g dry to get there. Obviously I have since cloned the specimen - hoping I got a clean xfer to agar to grow out as an isolate. These cakes were a B+ MS syringe from a local head shop.

Here are my notes from the trip:

1:10 pm ingested 4.49 g fresh P. cubensis
1:25 pm vaporized medium sized bowl of strong cannabis
    - marijuana high dominant
    - higher degree of self awareness than normal
    - slight "vibration"
    - first contact with psilocin
    - headache still present, little to no change
1:30 pm - *20 minute mark* vein still throbbing at right temple though pain is less noticeable
1:32 pm - noticeable high on tryptamine
1:40 pm - applied peppermint oil to temples and across crown
1:45 pm - headache pain essentially gone
    - slight gastro/intestinal discomfort
    - temples very cold from peppermint
    - feeling "vibration"
    - can still focus on a feeling that is my headache but no longer as sharp
1:50 pm - headache seems to be migrating further back in head towards base of skull
    - no longer sharp and at temples
2:05 - 2:30 pm stretched out body, strong desire to move
    - visual pattern blurring/melting especially things like wood grain etc. typical baseline visual hallucination
    - closed eye visuals
    - feeling of being very strongly in my body
    - little to no headache, though some remnant still exists it is hard to identify
2:35 pm - headache more present but pain easily manageable
    - acute treatment efficacy still unclear, some pain returning
    - strong "high" given such small dose, for cluster headache treatment easily half this dosage would be sufficient for an isolate of this particular strain

-----------------------
no notes between 2:35 pm and 5:45 pm
-----------------------

Essentially just a long easy come down with lots of introspection and physical sensation, intense arousal, etc. Had some fun with my wife that doesn't need describing. Headache came back - took 200mg Ibuprofen and lay down at 4:00 for about 1 hour.

5:45 pm - slight lingering after glow from tryptamine
    - no headache (probably due to ibuprofen)
    - sensation concentrated in guts
    - easily could take >1/2 this dose for headache therapy

Acute treatment? Well it certainly dealt with the headache while tripping but it totally derailed my day (whoops, oh well was lots of fun) and the headache did come back in the end. I will continue with this low dosage as prophylactic therapy every 5 days and see if I can stop this cycle and then see if I can prevent a subsequent attack with regular, small doses.

Anyways, if anybody else is suffering from cluster headaches and wants to chat about experiences with cubes as acute or prophylactic treatment please comment and let me know your experience! I will keep updating as I go.

Edited by urthtown (01/04/14 01:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZarotti
Stranger

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: urthtown]
    #19350503 - 12/31/13 10:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

do clusterheadaches have to do something with serotonin?
Cause I had cluster headaches for 4-5 years (only once a month)

I took shrooms just tiny ammounts 0.1 -0.2g and I dont have any CH anymore.
(dont know if the shrooms cured it)

MDMA totally empties out the serotonin and decreases the total serotonin levels if you abuse it.

Would abusing MDMA be the cure for clusterheadaches?
Does anyone has experience with this method?

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: Zarotti]
    #19350572 - 12/31/13 10:32 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

https://clusterbusters.org/

Tons of information here. Short answer, no, MDMA isn't a cure.

If you didn't have them diagnosed and you had "cluster headaches" once a month then I doubt you actually have ever had cluster headaches. I had mine diagnosed by a neurologist who specialized in migraine research and treatment and I had an MRI and several other tests done to diagnose my condition. If you had a headache once a month it was probably a more common migraine type headache or just a severe tension headache.

Cluster headaches are characteristically occurring in clusters, not as isolated incidents.

from wikipedia:

"The cluster headache, nicknamed the "suicide headache",[citation needed] is a neurological disease that involves, as its most prominent feature, an immense degree of pain in the head. Patients typically experience repeated attacks of excruciatingly severe unilateral headache pain.[1][2] Cluster headache belongs to a group of primary headache disorders, classified as "Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgias" or (TACs). There is currently no known cause, or cure for a cluster headache.
Cluster headache attacks often occur periodically; spontaneous remissions may interrupt active periods of pain, though about 10-15% of chronic cluster headache sufferers never remit.[3] The condition affects approximately 0.1% of the population and men are more commonly affected than women, by a ratio of 2.1:1.[4]
The pain of a cluster headache has been described as the most extreme pain a human can possibly endure.[5]"

--------------------
Cluster Headache sufferer? Cluster Busting :thumbup:
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinehappygolucky
exstatik
Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: urthtown] * 1
    #19350608 - 12/31/13 10:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Way to go taking your health into your own hands and reducing the funding to the petro-pharmaceutical-military-media-industrial complex. These natural cures are illegal because they are good for us. It's sad that in the supposed freest nation on earth, which by the way has the largest prison population by far of any other country, you can go to prison for healing yourself.

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: happygolucky]
    #19353986 - 01/01/14 08:47 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

happygolucky said:
Way to go taking your health into your own hands and reducing the funding to the petro-pharmaceutical-military-media-industrial complex. These natural cures are illegal because they are good for us. It's sad that in the supposed freest nation on earth, which by the way has the largest prison population by far of any other country, you can go to prison for healing yourself.

Hey thanks man, it's been a long pharmaceutical ridden journey to find this solution. The piece of information I came across that really helped was the information on triptans (the medication most used for acute treatment of migraines and cluster headaches):

"Triptans are a family of tryptamine-based drugs used as abortive medication in the treatment of migraines and cluster headaches. They were first introduced in the 1990s. While effective at treating individual headaches, they do not provide preventative treatment and are not considered a cure." - Wikipedia

If tryptamines act on the same receptors, and have evidence for efficacy despite what the drug war would have you believe, why not go with something in its natural form that I have literally years of experience with that can be grown for pennies rather than spending $200 for 5 pills???? Never mind the side effects of verapamil and beta blockers....

Just as an update, yesterday was the first day in 22 days that I didn't need to take ibuprofen!!! Coincidence? Not sure, I'll wait and see how today goes!

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinehappygolucky
exstatik
    #19354301 - 01/01/14 11:05 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Glad to hear you're finding some relief. Have a good new year.

Offlinehushmush

#19354587 - 01/01/14 12:43 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

National Geographic has 2 episodes on hallucinogens.  One on LSD. And another on mushrooms.  They both talk about use for treatment of cluster headaches.

Magic Mushroom video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpehpd_hallucinogens_animals 

LSD: [url=

I also wonder if DMT might be of any help?  That way you might not have to commit a whole day if in a pinch.  Best of luck on your journey to find relief!

InvisibleBubbles85

Loc: England Flag
Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: hushmush]
    #19354657 - 01/01/14 01:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Great post OP. I hope that you find a solution to your problem.

I've read on many occasions that Psilocybin can help some people with head aches. Just throwing this out there and have no idea whether it is the mushrooms, a coincidence or some thing else, but i often find that they can induce head aches in my self rather than cure them? My brother has also noted this on several occasions.

Would be interesting to see if this is the case for any one else and exactly why that happens?

Edited by Bubbles85 (01/01/14 01:11 PM)

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: Bubbles85]
    #19355799 - 01/01/14 06:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bubbles85 said:

I've read on many occasions that Psilocybin can help some people with head aches. Just throwing this out there and have no idea whether it is the mushrooms, a coincidence or some thing else, but i often find that they can induce head aches in my self rather than cure them? My brother has also noted this on several occasions.

Would be interesting to see if this is the case for any one else and exactly why that happens?

Thanks Bubbles. Everything I have read about tryptamines and triptans being used to treat headaches they have been specifically cluster headaches as opposed to migraines and other tension headaches or secondary type headaches due to whiplash, trauma, etc. The definitions are pretty extensive but the only class of headaches I have seen linked to studies or therapies involving tryptamines are cluster headaches. I just happen to suffer from cluster headaches. Not sure about the relationship between a trip and a tension headache, could be a trigger but again cluster headaches are just different.

I get 'regular' tension headaches or headaches from dehydration or hangovers that are dull, dispersed throbs around the back and top of my head fairly regularly but they are easy to manage with water, rest and a good coffee + meal. My cluster headaches are 1-2 times a year, 30+ days of multiple migraine headaches like a white hot knife stabbing through my right temple and out the base of my skull. My vein on my right temple stands out like a firehose under pressure and throbs with my heartbeat.

Today makes 2 days after my initial dose of tryptamine and 2 days no ibuprofen, no migraines. Still a shadow of "ghost" kicking around but this is really encouraging.

Thanks for the kind words and interest.

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinelovelovelove
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #19357068 - 01/02/14 02:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

wow Cluster headaches sound HORRIBLE

so glad you have a fix for them, and you can have fun with your fix too!

InvisibleBubbles85

#19357355 - 01/02/14 05:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

urthtown said:
Quote:

Bubbles85 said:

Thanks Bubbles. Everything I have read about tryptamines and triptans being used to treat headaches they have been specifically cluster headaches as opposed to migraines and other tension headaches or secondary type headaches due to whiplash, trauma, etc. The definitions are pretty extensive but the only class of headaches I have seen linked to studies or therapies involving tryptamines are cluster headaches. I just happen to suffer from cluster headaches. Not sure about the relationship between a trip and a tension headache, could be a trigger but again cluster headaches are just different.

I get 'regular' tension headaches or headaches from dehydration or hangovers that are dull, dispersed throbs around the back and top of my head fairly regularly but they are easy to manage with water, rest and a good coffee + meal. My cluster headaches are 1-2 times a year, 30+ days of multiple migraine headaches like a white hot knife stabbing through my right temple and out the base of my skull. My vein on my right temple stands out like a firehose under pressure and throbs with my heartbeat.

Today makes 2 days after my initial dose of tryptamine and 2 days no ibuprofen, no migraines. Still a shadow of "ghost" kicking around but this is really encouraging.

Thanks for the kind words and interest.

Thats great to hear, i hope it works it out for you. The head aches i get are just a normal head ache. Nothing on the same level as the cluster head aches you experience.

I also drink a few beers before most trips, so that may play a part in why i get them when i take mushrooms? who knows. But there gone with a few Ibuprofen.

Psilocybin has been a great aid to myself therapeutically to. I've suffered with depression for longer than i care to remember and Psilocybin is the only thing that has really helped with that. Not just helped (or masked the problem like most pharma drugs) but actually cured it. My mind feels stronger than its been for a long time. It really is a wonderful thing :grin:

Edited by Bubbles85 (01/02/14 05:21 AM)

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19357404 - 01/02/14 06:12 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

As a teenager I used shrooms recreationally to have a lot of fun and get myself into some fairly innocent trouble. Growing up in the woods, we mostly just suited up at winter solstice for the -30Ëšc weather and chowed down running around laughing in the snow.

These days I see a whole range of uses for the experiences I have had - depression and migraine therapy are just two possibilities.

There's a great article in last month's Scientific Mind by Scientific American had an article on using psilocin to treat existential terror:

Article.

Glad to hear they helped you! Day three no headaches - I'll keep updating as I approach my next dose on Saturday.

EDIT: for spelling :frown:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Edited by urthtown (01/02/14 06:12 AM)

InvisibleBubbles85

#19357538 - 01/02/14 08:08 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I wish psychedelics had been in my life as a teenager. Chances are i never would have had depression?

In my late teens and early twenty's we messed around with lots of party drugs. Stimulants mainly, Coke & MDMA etc. This almost certainly has had alot to do with my condition.

I don't recommended these substances to any one, they slowly destroy you inside.

My first encounter with Psilocybin was only 12 months ago aged 27.

After suffering with depression since my early 20's and being prescribed countless pharmaceutical poisons by my doctor, that did nothing but make things worse. I started to do my own research into natural alternatives and came across Psilocybin.

I've read many articles like the one you posted above and i truly belive in the effects of this substance for many therapeutical purposes.

Edited by Bubbles85 (01/02/14 08:09 AM)

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19362179 - 01/03/14 06:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lovelovelove said:
wow Cluster headaches sound HORRIBLE

so glad you have a fix for them, and you can have fun with your fix too!

Haha yeah no fun, but less terrifying now that I have a better idea what is going on and how to get effective health care myself and via health care professionals.  And like you said, the only side affect is a good trip!

Quote:

Bubbles85 said:
I wish psychedelics had been in my life as a teenager. Chances are i never would have had depression?

I've read many articles like the one you posted above and i truly belive in the effects of this substance for many therapeutical purposes.

Yeah, I'm sure all the hallucinating changed my outlook and my development into an adult. It certainly gave me a kind of scientific spiritualism while I was grappling with my own opinions on the world. I'm very much an anti-theist today, as opposed to one of those "believers", atheists or agnostics but very open to the unknown.

I don't think it was accidental that these DMT based tryptamines have the effects they do on the human brain and where evolution acts, there has to be a clear advantage for the relationship to persist. Especially given that we aren't really certain what cubensis use Psilocin for, so really it's only known use is altering human consciousness. That's a lot of energy for an organism to invest in something... must be a reason somewhere out there.

I'm going to be taking another therapeutic dose today - probably around .3 g dried. I'll post results of this micro dose tonight or tomorrow as part of my ongoing treatment. The migraine "shadow" is still hovering behind my right eye but no acute attacks since Monday after three weeks of daily migraines. I even had a beer last night (alcohol is a major trigger) and shifted my sleep schedule (another trigger) without causing a migraine!!! 

:mushroom2: :justcantwait: :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :dancer:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2: :justcantwait: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinehushmush

#19362378 - 01/03/14 08:11 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Keep dosing man!  Wish mushrooms could fix sports injuries

Offlinelovelovelove
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #19362453 - 01/03/14 08:43 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

urthtown said:

Yeah, I'm sure all the hallucinating changed my outlook and my development into an adult. It certainly gave me a kind of scientific spiritualism while I was grappling with my own opinions on the world. I'm very much an anti-theist today, as opposed to one of those "believers", atheists or agnostics but very open to the unknown.

I don't think it was accidental that these DMT based tryptamines have the effects they do on the human brain and where evolution acts, there has to be a clear advantage for the relationship to persist. Especially given that we aren't really certain what cubensis use Psilocin for, so really it's only known use is altering human consciousness. That's a lot of energy for an organism to invest in something... must be a reason somewhere out there.

I'm going to be taking another therapeutic dose today - probably around .3 g dried. I'll post results of this micro dose tonight or tomorrow as part of my ongoing treatment. The migraine "shadow" is still hovering behind my right eye but no acute attacks since Monday after three weeks of daily migraines. I even had a beer last night (alcohol is a major trigger) and shifted my sleep schedule (another trigger) without causing a migraine!!! 

Fantastic! I am so glad you can get relief and even prevent your headaches from returning!

now only if the governments of the world could see the real medical benefits of mushrooms , at least trial them with a view to make them available to those who need them most, of course in in a controlled and regulated environment.

or just stop being d*cks and just make them legal and educate people so people can self medicate!

peace :smile:

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: lovelovelove]
    #19367407 - 01/04/14 09:50 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey friends - thanks again for the encouragement and kind words.

I took my second micro-dose last night and had a feeling that a migraine was lurking, shadowing me but not materializing. This is 4 days after my initial dose of 4.49 g fresh P. cubensis.

I took a micro dose of cubes from the same Golden Teacher MS syringe grown on BRF cakes. I had taken a clone of this in vitro pin so I was also curious about the potency as I intend to grow it out as an isolate. These guys were cracker dry so I had a better reference point for dosage as my experience in the past 12 years has been almost exclusively with dry cubes.

I took the dose via lemon tek at 7 pm and was working on finishing some prep on a batch of WBS and getting into the PC. By 7:55 I had a clear sensation in my guts and torso that was coming from the tryptamine in my system. I had a slight nervous energy.

I vaporized a small bowl of marijuana and the initial tender stomach and body vibration (very mild sensations) immediately became a light body high and I became more talkative and relaxed.

This relaxation lasted until shortly after 10:00 pm when I sat down to eat and watch a movie. All in all it was a great micro dose, but I might still try taking less next time - especially of either isolate I am growing out currently. I've never taken such small doses of shrooms before and it's interesting to experience the effects of even the tiniest pinch of them. I'll always have the higher doses for recreational trips but I'd like to get these down to a point where they are effective against the headaches but not going to derail my day if I still need to function. Threshold is the goal.

At one point near the end of the "trip" I felt some headache pain coming on and a throbbing of the vein in my temple but it was as if the pressure and discomfort of the headache were present but the pain just wouldn't materialize. Usually the throbbing and pressure build up mean I'm in for blinding pain lancing through my head. I considered taking an ibuprofen to control the onset but decided I'd rather see if it did turn into an acute attack. I went to bed and slept through the night, no migraine and awoke without an attack occurring. So far so good! Going to keep this going but I'm 4.5 days without a skull splitter knocking me on my ass, so... anecdotally anyway, this is the most effective treatment I've ever been on in 6 years of cluster headache cycles!

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinehushmush

#19367559 - 01/04/14 10:35 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That's great news!  Maybe you can try DMT one day and let us know if that's works as well.  You could have a blast off at lunch and be normal 30mins later to go back to work.

Offlinetruffles
Stranger
Female
    #19367567 - 01/04/14 10:38 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm just going to hop on here to say that I'm really interested in this thread and I wish you luck with the self-medication! I am a firm believer that going back to naturals is, while not necessarily always, usually the best route to go. There is a reason it evolved in the first place! We try isolating compounds and whatnot, but we always overlook some sort of side reaction and hidden relationship between minor compounds whose absence makes our medicine just a shadow of what can be done. On that same note, pharmacology can also help make medicine better if you figure out those little interactions... I'm going  to stop now haha. My little rant is accomplishing nothing!
Good luck!

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: truffles]
    #19367602 - 01/04/14 10:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hushmush said:
That's great news!  Maybe you can try DMT one day and let us know if that's works as well.  You could have a blast off at lunch and be normal 30mins later to go back to work.

I would love to. I have thought about trying to extract some - there's reed canary grass everywhere in the ditches where I live. I'll see if I can get that together this year. In any case I always prefer to make my own as I have no interest in supporting organized crime with my headache therapies and I prefer to have control over the quality or the products and process. :thumbup:

Quote:

truffles said:
I'm just going to hop on here to say that I'm really interested in this thread and I wish you luck with the self-medication! I am a firm believer that going back to naturals is, while not necessarily always, usually the best route to go. There is a reason it evolved in the first place! We try isolating compounds and whatnot, but we always overlook some sort of side reaction and hidden relationship between minor compounds whose absence makes our medicine just a shadow of what can be done. On that same note, pharmacology can also help make medicine better if you figure out those little interactions... I'm going  to stop now haha. My little rant is accomplishing nothing!
Good luck!

Thanks Truffles! Haha rant away! I agree with you, I think the path always lies somewhere through the middle but in this case, they were giving me an expensive synthesized triptan which is a medication based on a tryptamine. The huge cost of the drugs is all in the big pharma manufacturing process and research - all to provide a "safer" treatment that doesn't make you hallucinate (drugs are bad). Here I am approaching a threshold dose that has little to no side effect but better efficacy than the synthetic. Isn't it time to let evidence drive further scientific study and leave blind belief by the wayside? 

:mushroom2: :feelsgoodman: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

OfflineMightyMustache
Limburgian

#19367723 - 01/04/14 11:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen some documentaries on lsd/mushrooms relieving cluster headaches, good to read it helps you too OP.

Out of curiosity, lets say you're about to trip and feel a (regular) headache coming up, would it go away too or does it specifically and only help with the cluster-kind?

Edited by MightyMustache (01/04/14 11:40 AM)

InvisibleBubbles85

#19367825 - 01/04/14 12:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

urthtown said:
Quote:

Bubbles85 said:

:mushroom2: :justcantwait: :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :dancer:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2: :justcantwait: :mushroom2:

I'm sure it probably did :thumbup:

I read an article on a study published by The Johns Hopkins University that found that Psilocybin has the potential to change the personality (with regards to openness) in adults. Some times permanently from a single psychedelic experience.

It sounds promising that you've been able to abstain from your usual ibuprofen protocol with out any issue or attacks. Especially considering that before your first does you had to take them continuously to get you through.

Even better still that you can relax with a cold beer :grin:

I'll be interested to see how your micro dosing goes and if you get any more cluster head aches in the near future. Keep us posted :mushroom2:

Edited by Bubbles85 (01/04/14 12:05 PM)

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: MightyMustache]
    #19367873 - 01/04/14 12:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MightyMustache said:
I've seen some documentaries on lsd/mushrooms relieving cluster headaches, good to read it helps you too OP.

Out of curiosity, lets say you're about to trip and feel a (regular) headache coming up, would it go away too or does it specifically and only help with the cluster-kind?

Hey MM - there's some decent documentaries but even better some (limited) clinical trial research with both LSD and Psilocin that are very encouraging. Check out this article from the American Academy of Neurology.

As far as a 'regular' tension headache goes, my experience is limited in using psilocin but it seems like my headaches go away for the duration of the trip, then begin to return as I come down. For these type of headaches, provided you aren't allergic to NSAID drugs (aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxin) it seems like a safe, low dosage, oral treatment of advil, tylenol or aleve might still be best as they are effective within 20 minutes with no hallucinating.

The reason psilocin is a good treatment for cluster headaches is that most cluster heads are on some kind of vasoconstrictor (beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, etc.) as a prophylactic and a triptan (synthesized tryptamine based medicine) for acute therapy. Psilocin acts on the same 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D receptors in cranial blood vessels as a triptan and acts as a vasoconstrictor as well.

When I get a regular headache I just pop an ibuprofen provided I'm not drinking heavily and voila, problem solved (tylenol does nothing for me so advil liquid gels are my saviour). When I start getting a cluster cycle, I know I'm in for weeks of pain, modified schedule and $500+ in medication so mushrooms only seem like a viable headache treatment for something as extreme as clusters.

Sorry for the long winded answer! Hope that covers it! And remember, I am definitely not a doctor - just a meat popsicle trying to live life without pain!

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Edited by urthtown (01/04/14 12:13 PM)

OfflineMightyMustache
Limburgian

#19369197 - 01/04/14 04:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Oh thanks, looks like we have a scientist  :laugh:

Luckily i don't have headaches on a regular basis or anything. But still good to know that i wont have to abstain from tripping if i would feel one coming up.

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: MightyMustache]
    #19386593 - 01/08/14 05:55 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Woke up today (my next dose day) with a pretty strong shadow/precursor headache + pressure. Going to try to make it through the day without anything but this is the feeling that fills me with fear for the pain that is yet to come...

Wish me luck - I'm working on demolition of a basement my company is renovating until 5 o'clock when I can get home and take my next bump of tryptamine. Really hope this doesn't manifest. :crazy::mad::crazy:

Trip report to follow - I have 0.44g of P cubensis ready and waiting.

EDIT: Took 200 mg of ibuprofen to try to abort this thing... was just coming on a bit strong and I got scared. Trying not to feel like this is a failure, it is my dose day after all. I think 5 days between micro doses might be too much. Going to try to keep it at 4 days for now.

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Edited by urthtown (01/08/14 06:33 AM)

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19392629 - 01/09/14 08:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all!

So I went to work yesterday and ran a jackhammer for 4 hours while hauling rocks - exactly what I should be doing for a migraine right? Anyway I chugged a bunch of coffee to get some caffein in my system (vasoconstrictor) and the 200 mg of ibuprofen seemed to be working and nothing ever manifested fully.

I got off work and went to a good friend's place and we split a micro dose - .36g each. It was a great body high, great conversation. We are both very experienced psychonauts but neither of us has a big desire to to large doses of shrooms any longer. Anyway, we had a few home brewed beer and smoked some marijuana and it felt like I should have a raging painful migraine with my vein standing out like crazy and throbbing with my heart beat. But the pain never showed up, it's like I can feel the psilocin fighting my cluster headaches in my own brain. It's really intense and strange but I can't explain it any other way. Like all the physical sensations of a migraine are there but being fought off by something so the lancing pain through my head just can't manifest.

It has to be these little allies. I'm going to set my cycle at 4 day micro doses as the fifth day I started getting a bit of a headache this time round. More info to come as I go. Next dose is on the weekend. Woke up today feeling a tiny bit hung over and some sensations of pressure but... no headaches. :rockon:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19409115 - 01/12/14 04:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Just dropped my followup micro-dose. Kept it small this time - 0.14 g

No news is good news, they really working!

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinehushmush

#19409872 - 01/12/14 07:50 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Let us know!  I'm interested in seeing how long they can keep the clusters away.

InvisibleBubbles85

#19412417 - 01/13/14 01:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man .. Good to hear that they are providing you with lasting benefit's. Still reading so keep us posted  :tripping:

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19436547 - 01/18/14 06:25 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey hushmush! Hi Bubbles! Thanks for keeping up with my adventure here guys.

I'm still going strong, night before last I took a reeeeeal micro dose of 0.06 g in my tea before bed because I was super late getting home from work and it was a treatment night. So far looks like it was effective, though I just passed out so no trip report. Tomorrow is my repeat.

Despite working hard doing construction, grinding concrete, dealing with insane amounts of dust, loud noises, etc. I haven't had a single migraine. It does still feel like some shit is getting fought out in my head when I have too much to drink and I've had a couple regular tension headaches but the power of the medicine is strong! I'll post a trip report for tomorrow in case anything fun/interesting happens. Still not sure how much I'll take.

Hope you guys are all doing well - thanks again for keeping tabs on this experiment, the support from the community means a lot to me!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinehushmush

#19437048 - 01/18/14 09:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Nice! That's a super low dose and its still working..bad ass!:mushroom2:

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19451534 - 01/21/14 06:09 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hushmush said:
Nice! That's a super low dose and its still working..bad ass!:mushroom2:

Yeah! I want to figure out a minimal low dose that still is effective as I'm not always able to trip :thumbup: So far it seems like the 0.05-0.1g micro dose is perfect. I can take it and go to sleep, or hang out and just get a tiny bit of a body high but the best part is.... NO MIGRAINES!

I took 0.09g in tea again on Sunday to keep my schedule up at around 9:00pm and was asleep still by midnight so I could get up to work Monday morning. I've had a few tension headaches, but nothing like the migraines I was getting through December. Even some of the feelings I described above that there was a "fight" happening in my head have gone away. Looks like this cycle may be winding down, successfully cluster busted.

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#19451558 - 01/21/14 06:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That is so awesome dude. I'm glad to hear that does that for you. I can't believe this stuff is still illegal.. I just watched a documentary a few hours ago on LSD, and they were saying that there is a bromo atom on the LSD molecule that pretty much cures it, but it's still illegal. What the hell?

I just want to say this in support, but I used to get a rather serious degree of migraine quite often, now it's only an occasional occurrence. Ever since I started doing mushrooms this hardly ever happens.

Legalize our rights!

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #19451668 - 01/21/14 07:15 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Are these tiny 0.05 or 0.06 gram doses etc taken daily ? it is a tiny amount if so, why not take a bit more?

My wife gets her migraine releaf with a 0.8'ish' dose once a week, she still takes prescription triptan drugs on a daily basis, but says these just tikle or modulate the headaches, and its only the mushroom dose that really kills them.

Offlinehushmush

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #19451777 - 01/21/14 08:03 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Last I heard he was doing once every 4 days

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#19453368 - 01/21/14 03:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fantasticfungus said:
Are these tiny 0.05 or 0.06 gram doses etc taken daily ? it is a tiny amount if so, why not take a bit more?

My wife gets her migraine releaf with a 0.8'ish' dose once a week, she still takes prescription triptan drugs on a daily basis, but says these just tikle or modulate the headaches, and its only the mushroom dose that really kills them.

If you look at the info on cluster busters.org you'll see I'm following their recommendations. I am taking them every 4 days as hushmush said as the tryptamine takes 3-5 days to stop binding to the 5-ht receptor. When it is no longer bound, you then take another dose to keep "the door shut".

If it works for your wife, then great. I am trying to take very low, threshold doses on days where I don't have time to trip. When I do, I take a larger amount but I need to be able to take some every 4 days and my schedule doesn't always allow for getting all:

:aweyeah:  :trippinbawelz:  :aweyeah:  :trippinbawelz:

One caution I have - your wife is still taking triptans? This can be very dangerous combining tryptamines with triptans and actually the triptans can severely undermine the efficacy of the tryptamine in treating the cluster headache. She might need less shrooms if she dumps the triptan altogether - if that's possible. Believe me, I know what it's like to depend on them for relief.

Read about it here: cluster busters "playing nice together" info. Triptans are a tryptamine based 5-ht receptor agonists acting on the very same receptors as psilocin. If you are already taking triptans it is guaranteed to mess with your tryptamine therapy. Proceed with caution - I am testing out this psilocin method of cluster headache treatment while taking nothing else that could interact with the psilocin. You don't want to mess with drug interactions, best to chat it over with your GP or research online using sites like cluster busters that provide trustworthy data. These are uncharted waters friend - tell your wife to stay safe!! :thumbup:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Edited by urthtown (01/21/14 03:19 PM)

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#19470641 - 01/25/14 04:31 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

urthtown said
Quote:

Quote:

fantasticfungus said:

If you look at the info on cluster busters.org you'll see I'm following their recommendations. I am taking them every 4 days as hushmush said as the tryptamine takes 3-5 days to stop binding to the 5-ht receptor. When it is no longer bound, you then take another dose to keep "the door shut".

If it works for your wife, then great. I am trying to take very low, threshold doses on days where I don't have time to trip. When I do, I take a larger amount but I need to be able to take some every 4 days and my schedule doesn't always allow for getting all:

:aweyeah:  :trippinbawelz:  :aweyeah:  :trippinbawelz:

One caution I have - your wife is still taking triptans? This can be very dangerous combining tryptamines with triptans and actually the triptans can severely undermine the efficacy of the tryptamine in treating the cluster headache. She might need less shrooms if she dumps the triptan altogether - if that's possible. Believe me, I know what it's like to depend on them for relief.

Read about it here: cluster busters "playing nice together" info. Triptans are a tryptamine based 5-ht receptor agonists acting on the very same receptors as psilocin. If you are already taking triptans it is guaranteed to mess with your tryptamine therapy. Proceed with caution - I am testing out this psilocin method of cluster headache treatment while taking nothing else that could interact with the psilocin. You don't want to mess with drug interactions, best to chat it over with your GP or research online using sites like cluster busters that provide trustworthy data. These are uncharted waters friend - tell your wife to stay safe!! :thumbup:

I can appreciate your difficulty sometimes with fitting the mushroom medicine in with daily life.  Mrs has it down to a fine art.. she makes sure she's well tired late in the evening after a hard days work, she has her 0.8 gram dose of wavy-cap tea and toddles off to bed, usually she's asleep during the mild effects from the small dose.

I understand what you mean about the "4 day dose thing" though, wife doses once each week and always she's struggling a bit by weeks end.

I believe the prescription drug she takes is a triptan one, its called pisotifen or sananogram, anyway it seems to work well with the shrooms what ever it is?

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#19616901 - 02/25/14 02:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Really interesting.  I use mushies for depression.  I try to take them every 7 days but ive been taking larger amounts.  Strangely enough I usually feel great for 4-5 days and then the cloud comes back again.  I wonder if it is anything to do with what you were saying about 4 day doses.  Maybe I need to micro dose in the week to keep that door shut as you say.

I also suffer from stress headaches which again go after tripping.

Hmm I need to research more.  These things are amazing.

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: Edmunter]
    #21119280 - 01/14/15 06:51 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

In case anyone is finding this thread and looking for more info on CH suffering - my CH are back driving that ice pick through my brain on a near daily basis again. I'm back on a micro dosing regime, off alcohol, limiting late nights, being careful about diet, keeping my coffee intake high and all the other tricks I've learned to make my cycles bearable.

One major difference is that both frequency and severity of the headaches has noticeably reduced since I began treating my CH with mushrooms one year ago exactly. This is cluster headache cycle number 8 for me with a typical cycle lasting 3-5 weeks with an agonizing, blindingly painful cluster headache above my right eye with a curst of pressure/pain out the base of my skull on the right side as well. As usual once in a cycle, there are many triggers. This cycle seems to throw a headache every morning between 9am and 11am which is wreaking havoc on my work day. Good thing I'm self employed. I do feel like it's interfering with my time with my daughter though and this is more frustrating than losing some time at work as she's only 9 weeks old and I really want to be spending my mornings happily with her rather than in pain shunning light and sound.

I keep having a frustrating time with my GP - he's receptive and really a very good doctor but has failed to really comprehend the severity of the condition as seems to be the case with most non-neurologists. I'm trying to see a local neurologist and see what they think about psilocin as a treatment option as I am tired of talking to medical professionals who actually know less than I do about my particular disorder.

Anyway, the shrooms are still giving me moments of absolute pain-free clarity with some pain on the days between treatments but ibuprofen is still working for that so usually I only have to writhe in agony for half an hour or so until the pain level drops to something manageable.

To all you CH sufferers out there, I'm with ya my friends. Stay strong, we'll find a way through the pain! That's all for now folks.

:hatsoff:

EDIT: I just realised my last posts were from a year ago. I forgot to add that I was headache free until June then aborted a cycle with P mexicana fruits and have been pain free until just before christmas. My cycle always begins at the end of a stressful period. The cortisol levels drop and wham I get smashed. Two full cycles aborted using psilocin though and working on a third. Thanks for all your support those of you who have been commenting/reading the whole way through this past year!

Edited by urthtown (01/14/15 06:55 AM)

OfflineAcquario
Experience is Wisdom

Loc: EU
    #21119531 - 01/14/15 08:57 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I am going to have to look further into this as, I too, suffer from severe headaches and have for many years.

Thank you

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United [AMU Q&A Thread] - Ask any question here!

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: Acquario]
    #21119625 - 01/14/15 09:22 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Acquario said:
I am going to have to look further into this as, I too, suffer from severe headaches and have for many years.

Thank you

Check out clusterbusters.org

And also shroomery user CH_Hell as he is the one that first introduced me to this knowledge and has saved me a great deal of pain. Just pay it forward and share your results if they work for you :smile:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#21120295 - 01/14/15 12:29 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:hi: Urthtown

OfflineAcquario
Experience is Wisdom

Loc: EU
    #21121388 - 01/14/15 05:00 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

urthtown said:
Quote:

Acquario said:

Thank you

Check out clusterbusters.org

And also shroomery user CH_Hell as he is the one that first introduced me to this knowledge and has saved me a great deal of pain. Just pay it forward and share your results if they work for you :smile:

:hi5:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United [AMU Q&A Thread] - Ask any question here!

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#21121685 - 01/14/15 06:05 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
:hi: Urthtown

:wave: How's it growin Ed? :rofl:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#21123582 - 01/15/15 02:15 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Up

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#21131483 - 01/16/15 10:17 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

The mushroom remedy works, its saved my Mrs from a lifetime of headache misery, she first tried it 5 years ago and she aint looked back since, shes 56 now, and I still ask myself the question "why she had to suffer 5 decades of misery from those horrid headaches" when all that time the 'shroom cure' was know to the medical profession.

We started off by picking wild mushrooms in 09 and it was the lib-cap species that was easy to get, but the problem is wife needs 60 gram dried of it to last her season to season.  We tried growing cubes and it was difficult to do, they didn't seem to keep well either, they constantly hydrated (even in a well sealed jar) making long time storage a problem.

Luckily the wavey-cap species grows here in the UK (it gets imported to this country in mulch used for flower beds etc) it didn't take long to find some of it growing in peoples gardens and I quickly propagated it to other patches of wood chip and mulch I found laying about.  Also wavey-cap keep really well, are easy to ID. and sometimes you can get carry bags full of it.  Our aim is to eventually have a lifetimes supply of it stashed away.

A useful bit of advice from Mrs experience is that her particular complaint requires constant re-dosing to stave away the headaches, she doesn't like and tries to avoid the psycadelic effect of shrooms and so keeps the dose to .5 or .6 gram a couple of times a week, but if we go abroad for a couple of weeks vacation, the headache will come back in that duration of time and ruin the trip, so a few days prior to taking the flight she builds up the dose and the tolerance by consuming and doubling the dose daily maybe 3 of 4 times, works for her :smile:

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#21517747 - 04/08/15 12:16 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

How are the headaches?  Is this still working buddy?

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#21518601 - 04/08/15 08:57 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Hey man! Aborted my third cycle over christmas and finally had the last migraine of the cycle in Feb. Clear sailing for now. Often I get them in June and in December. Hoping we make it through but I am well armed when they return. :rockon:

:hatsoff:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

OfflineSidestreet
Digging for Rainbows
Male User Gallery

#21520783 - 04/08/15 06:29 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Lookin' good urthtown!  Ha, I bet it was fun getting the spent substrate out of that regular-mouth jar in the pic.  Looks like happy myc and good fruits, though.  :smile:

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Cluster Busting Trip Report [Re: Sidestreet]
    #21522529 - 04/09/15 01:19 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Im surprised you could lift that one.  Are you using mudas bottle tek?  U rate it?

Offlineurthtown
meat popsicle
Male

#21527501 - 04/10/15 06:23 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys!

The narrow mouth guy is in its second flush so I haven't yet had to battle the sub out of the bottle lol. I was short on quart pp5 rounds so :shrug:

Yeah it's lots of bottle tek but my own recipes with what I have on hand - usually some combo of coffee, wheat bran, hay, straw, verm, gypsum, wood chips, sawdust pellets, WBR, BRF and wheat berries. I love it. I use grain spawn to nocc them too so it keeps things insanely simple.

My brown rice, coffee, verm and hay (not straw) pints are over 400% BE so they are fucking badass in my mind. I'm pulling 200 wet grams out of a pint pp5 in three flushes no problem. Hoping I can scale that to quarts and pull over 400 wet per quart but I'll see. :rockon:

--------------------
Veil Tear GIF
Flower Pot Grow GIF
Mini Mono Tub GIFS

-- Croatian Proverb

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder