Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Hearthstone (Beta)
    #19268803 - 12/13/13 12:07 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone else gotten a key?  This game is super fun, I just can't wait until it goes into open beta so I can play with my friends...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVort
quietly inadequate
 User Gallery

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #19269109 - 12/13/13 02:00 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it looks good.
I signed up for beta... no key... yet.

--------------------
:rofl: Balingup drive by    :dielaughing:  Grow slow mo

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #19269121 - 12/13/13 02:05 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I've been playing it a bit.. pretty fun so far

--------------------

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Shroomism]
    #19271840 - 12/13/13 05:51 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I made a thread about this game, requesting a key.. and no one wanted to give me one... :mad:

And few days latter Blizzard did..  :whoo:

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: ivander]
    #19297095 - 12/19/13 08:46 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So after playing for a while.. to me it is interesting indeed.
For now im sticking with assassin I think, and next best for me is hunter.
Do you guys know how many cards are there in, for one hero set?

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19317271 - 12/23/13 05:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So far I am pretty addicted to this game.
I've done about 20 arenas and I am starting to get a lot better.. got myself a pretty nice collection of cards, no good legendaries yet.

I kind of hate the RNG in this game - the worst hearthstone player in the world could destroy the best hearthstone player in the world just due to big factor of luck which this game revolves heavily around (what cards you randomly draw). Yeah, good players will usually outplay and pick better cards than shitty players, but luck is a HUGE factor. It's not like Chess or Starcraft or something.. where the best player in the world will ALWAYS destroy the worst player in the world, 100% of the time. Here there's a BIG level of RNG involved. The worst player in the world could be up against the best Hearthstone player, and it wouldn't be unheard of for them to win, just due to lucky card draw.. it happens.

But at the same time I love the RNG. It has made for some goddamn interesting games. Some games I have thought were totally lost, then you just draw the PERFECT series of cards to bring you out of that situation and destroy the enemy. Complete 180s are not that uncommon... and some series of card can have some ridiculous stacking abilities or do some serious destruction. For that reason, the game is always pretty exciting so I think it will be hard to get old, because every game is different.

ivander- each class has about 2 pages of their own cards, 16 or so.
There's about 15 pages of neutral creatures so about 90 neutral minions

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#19317309 - 12/23/13 05:28 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I really want to try this but don't have a key.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19317334 - 12/23/13 05:32 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

It will be open beta in a week or two I think

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#19317348 - 12/23/13 05:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet looks really fun.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#19317376 - 12/23/13 05:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

What you say about the RNG is so true...I have a couple beautifully crafted decks, if I do say so myself, but sometimes I'll just get a chain of horrible draws that don't follow up into combos or help me in any way and I get boned.

My favorite decks so far revolve around throwing out lots of little low cost minions and buffing them up like crazy.  Hunter and Shaman work well for this, I've got a hunter beast deck with insane card draw and a bloodlust + windfury shammy deck.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19317440 - 12/23/13 05:52 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I've got a couple different decks I'm playing around with.
My strongest class is warlock so far - for that deck I have a nice balance of low end minions to stall the early game, but his strongest cards are for late game, if I can make it to 8-10 mana crystals I will usually win the late game due to minion stacking and pulling out the big guns.

But I'm starting to put together an early rush aggro deck.. because it seems that's the way a lot of games go now, for the early rush. Like you said, having a ton of 1-3 mana cards that stack with each other so you can just swarm and buff them up real early, and continue putting them out with each turn. Aggro decks seem to be pretty popular in the current meta, so you need ways to counter them as well.

But yeah, it doesn't matter how good your deck is crafted... sometimes you just get a shitty card draw and the opponent gets a good draw and you are fucked right from the beginning.

I may try Priest as well.. they seem really powerful with the right card draw.. almost overpowered.

Mages were OP as fuck but they got the nerf bat, they are still a little OP.

--------------------

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#19320590 - 12/24/13 11:10 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yea well I was looking at this spam murlock warlock set.. its crazy.

Only downside is that after a while you cant progress far. I've unlocked 20 25 cards perhaps, and I sure wont buy them for real money.. so Im stuck on a leper gone rank :smile:
Because I would have to win 30 games in a row to get enough gold for 5 cards...  :goat:
And 1 quest per day isnt much. I hope they will make some changes based on this account.. I mean Its good game its fun. But I just cant play more then a few games before it gets monotonous.

Shroomism.. whats the deal with arena(rewards) and with cards crafting, I couldnt really figure this out. That stuff with dust.. Are skills just copied onto another card or you choose new skill or what?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19321456 - 12/24/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ya I have the Beef Stew murloc set... it's pretty funny.. but I like my control warlock deck better
Confused about your last question...

It's really not that hard to get gold.... it's 10 gold per 3 wins period in "Ranked" or "Casual Play" mode. Any 3 wins at any time.. doesn't have to be all in a row.
You also get daily 'quests' once in a while like "Win 2 games with X class" and if you do the quests that gets you 40 gold. I managed to make 250 gold pretty fast. Doing the daily quests and then just grinding out matches is an easy way to stack up gold.

Arena is a different beast. You pay $1.99 or 150 gold to enter.
Then you are given a random class to pick out of three. (Have to pick one, and they give you 3 random choices)
Then you are given a set of 3 random cards (neutral minions or class cards), and you have to pick one. Repeat 30 times
You build your arena deck like that... pick one card out of three.... that repeats 30 times.

Then you go fight in the arena with it.
The good thing about arena, is that you will get some experience with cards that you don't have already, and figure out different play styles with them.
However it's totally random what cards you get to choose from and there's no second chances... so choose wisely.

I would at the very least recommend watching some pro streamers  doing arena drafting and whatnot, or read a couple guides... so you don't just walk in there and get raped.

Basically you play arena until you lose 3 times. Then you get an award based on how well you did.
You always get a expert card pack.. even if you go 0-3.
If you win 1-3 times I believe you get some arcane dust (used for crafting cards you want) as well as an expert card pack.
If you win 4-7 times I think you get arcane dust, MORE gold (50-200), and a card pack
If you win 8-12 times (the max you can win) you get a special card, arcane dust, lots o gold and a card pack.

If you are winning arena a lot... you can win enough gold to keep doing it over and over again.. it will pay for itself basically. (I think you have to win 7 games to make your gold back IIRC)
But you have to be able to play well and be able to draft your deck intelligently.. Arena is a different beast.

Arcane dust you get from doing arenas..... and disenchanting your cards (You can only use a max of 2 cards per deck, so might as well disenchant any card you have more than 2 of).

You can use arcane dust, to craft any card you want. Say you see a card you really like (like knife juggler) and want to craft that... well you can, with just 100 arcane dust. Then you have that card.

--------------------

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#19321498 - 12/24/13 02:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:yesnod:  I'm doing pretty well in ranked but I suck at arena drafting so far.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19321527 - 12/24/13 02:36 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, constructed is a different beast. You need to use different tactics in arena. I'd suggest reading some guides and watching a few videos.. there's a bunch of stuff out there explaining arena drafting. Me I like to watch the pro streamers on twitch and then there is stuff like this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1nww68/arena_draft_guide_for_new_players/
http://ihearthu.com/trumps-arena-card-rankings/
http://2p.com/2431150_1/A-Generic-Card-Picking-Guide-For-Arena-by-alisalin.htm
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApGQzMqD8JhZdDJiNVFUNVVfUEtmQ04wU0xFRld2UGc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=2

Most games in arena go pretty fast. So it's GENERALLY a good idea to go with a pretty low mana curve ( a lot of low mana cards like 1-3 mana) that way you can get a foothold in an early rush, however you want a decent balance as well.. removal abilities are highly valuable in arena. But ya, it's definitely an art that takes some time to become good at. I'm still pretty noob at arena drafting, but I'm doing my best right now with a priest... currently 5-1.

But I would suggest watching some youtube videos... and watching some of the pro streamers on twitch and see how they do arena. You can learn a lot that way.

--------------------

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#19321542 - 12/24/13 02:39 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Nice, I'll check those out.

My best run was 6 wins, but only because I got lucky and was able to build a deck similar to what I'm used to with Shaman. 
The rest of my runs have been like 1-3 wins. :facepalm:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19321568 - 12/24/13 02:43 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I wasn't doing very good in arena either.. until I started researching and watching videos.. I feel I got a lot better. Also Priest is OP as fuck if you draw the right cards.
I got a SHITTY draft with my priest (only ONE shadow word death, no mind vision or whatever it is that steals 2 cards from the enemies deck.... no card that DOUBLES one of your minions health.) but I did get the Lightmonster that attack is always equal to health... that would have been OP as fuck. Cause you bring him out on turn 4 and he's 5/5 and you can double his health and add 2 to make him a 12/12 on turn 5. = GG.

But I pulled a pretty shitty arena draft and I am still raping people in arena with Priest..

Mage is still too powerful.. even after they got nerfed.

--------------------

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#19321579 - 12/24/13 02:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Ya I have the Beef Stew murloc set... it's pretty funny.. but I like my control warlock deck better
Confused about your last question...

It's really not that hard to get gold.... it's 10 gold per 3 wins period in "Ranked" or "Casual Play" mode. Any 3 wins at any time.. doesn't have to be all in a row.
You also get daily 'quests' once in a while like "Win 2 games with X class" and if you do the quests that gets you 40 gold. I managed to make 250 gold pretty fast. Doing the daily quests and then just grinding out matches is an easy way to stack up gold.

Arcane dust you get from doing arenas..... and disenchanting your cards (You can only use a max of 2 cards per deck, so might as well disenchant any card you have more than 2 of).

You can use arcane dust, to craft any card you want. Say you see a card you really like (like knife juggler) and want to craft that... well you can, with just 100 arcane dust. Then you have that card.

Yea well you answered at least in part that confusing question. I figured you disenchant a card, get some dust or something and then create custom card.. like boar not with charge but with silence or something. That would be crazy :smile:

Btw guys.. my btag is Sojo#1516.. so feel free to add me...

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19322333 - 12/24/13 05:42 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Shroom#1810

--------------------

OfflineVort
quietly inadequate
 User Gallery

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
    #19431892 - 01/17/14 04:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:-)

--------------------
:rofl: Balingup drive by    :dielaughing:  Grow slow mo

Edited by Vort (01/25/14 11:38 PM)

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Vort]
    #19432795 - 01/17/14 11:27 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

shroom, y u no add me :sad:
Btw, bunch of tryhards in the arena. No matter how much time I spend making as best deck as I can, cards I get are BS, and usually I'll lost like 1-3, or 0-3.. :mad2:

--------------------

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#19460807 - 01/23/14 02:45 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Its OPEN BETA NOW... yay.. invite friends, since we need more noob players in arena.. :muahaha:

--------------------

OfflineThecrimson
Stranger
    #19462496 - 01/23/14 01:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This looks like a silly and unnecessary game to me TBH. Not something that should be getting the hype it is. I mean a Warcraft online card game...cmon..

Edited by Thecrimson (01/23/14 01:09 PM)

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Thecrimson]
    #19462670 - 01/23/14 01:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: total]
    #19464638 - 01/23/14 08:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It's fun. Unlocked the druid and warlock. Played 2 games against others but only seemed to get high cards with the mage deck. What are your favorite decks?

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19464963 - 01/23/14 09:34 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Oh ya add me.

Frozzenpeas.

Just hate how there isn't a chat just generic things you can say.

--------------------

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: Hearthstone (Beta) [Re: Thecrimson]
    #19465194 - 01/23/14 10:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thecrimson said:
This looks like a silly and unnecessary game to me TBH. Not something that should be getting the hype it is. I mean a Warcraft online card game...cmon..

Sounds like you haven't glimpsed the depth of this game yet.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#19465235 - 01/23/14 10:27 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It's fun I'm hooked already. Love that it really doesn't take much time either.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag