Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Loc: USA
Redosing on LSD?
    #19267187 - 12/12/13 06:39 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I have heard many members on the Shroomery mention that eating more mushrooms after an hour or so will be a waste of mushrooms...

That being said, does LSD build a tolerance quickly?
The few times I've taken 2 tabs of LSD, I took 1, then took the other about 45 minutes to an hour later. This always seemed to work well for me, and comfortably slipped me into the deeper psychedelic state through the original feeling of 1 tab.

I just wanted to see if anybody else prefers taking multiple doses of LSD this way, sequentially rather than simultaneously. Is this method less effective, or is it just another way of doing it?

Also: At the Phish show I attended in Rochester, I took 1 tab before we entered the Blue Cross Arena, and then took a second tab during intermission. I didn't notice any loss in potency or experience, as I tripped harder than I ever had before with those particular doses. I found this interesting because when I took the second dose, it was hours after I had taken the first.

--------------------
"Pebbles and marbles like things on my mind,
Seem to get lost and harder to find.
When I am alone I am inclined,
If I find a pebble in sand,
To think that it fell from my hand..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomyBudz
지혜
 User Gallery

Loc: Space Cadet
Re: Redosing on LSD? [Re: MindDrips]
    #19267208 - 12/12/13 06:43 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

If I take the tabs within like a 2 hour span of my initial dose It usually works fine for me.

--------------------
.                      Explore the unknown!
                      :aliendance:
                      Love forever & always..
                                      :heart:
:pm: me if you ever need anything! I try to check them daily! :cool:

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Redosing on LSD? [Re: ShroomyBudz]
    #19267240 - 12/12/13 06:49 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I don't bother. I just take whatever I want all at the same time. It's easier that way and I don't want to bother thinking about when to redose and if my body is already developing tolerance. I really don't see any benefit of redosing. I think LSD has a steady come up anyways, mushrooms on the other hand, I just eat them over a period of ten minutes or so.

I really hate redosing. I just let get there, if I want more then I probably didn't do something right...

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Re: Redosing on LSD? [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19267265 - 12/12/13 06:54 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GreyMorph said:
I don't bother. I just take whatever I want all at the same time. It's easier that way and I don't want to bother thinking about when to redose and if my body is already developing tolerance. I really don't see any benefit of redosing. I think LSD has a steady come up anyways, mushrooms on the other hand, I just eat them over a period of ten minutes or so.

I really hate redosing. I just let get there, if I want more then I probably didn't do something right...

I think I know what you're getting at, and it definitely makes sense.

Strangely, I always thought that mushrooms were a bit more of a gentle push on the coming-up period as opposed to the immediate shift in perception on LSD. IMO, LSD is a lot more of a psychedelic kick in the face for me!
I was thinking about possibly taking 2 at once next time I encounter more LSD... I think it will be interesting to try.

--------------------

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
    #19267309 - 12/12/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a big acid freak, that's what I started my psych adventure on and I did it for a long time before I found mushrooms for a decent price. I had gotten used to the long slow come up and well as soon as I got the mushrooms I ate 3.5Gs (I knew they kicked in faster than LSD but I wasn't thinking cause I was excited! Lol) well I had to drive to pick up my roommate which makes a very interesting and Thompson esque story but at the time it was nerve racking as hell even though I enjoyed the wild sense of it. Worst part of it is that I get anxiety on the come up if mushrooms but I don't on acid. Acid is like my best friend, totally dependable and yet completely unexpected. Lol, he just drops by any time and we seem to just understand each other. I've taken ten or twelve hits and went house shopping before, LMAO. Now that's a hell of an adventure.

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Re: Redosing on LSD? [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19267858 - 12/12/13 08:28 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GreyMorph said:
I'm a big acid freak, that's what I started my psych adventure on and I did it for a long time before I found mushrooms for a decent price. I had gotten used to the long slow come up and well as soon as I got the mushrooms I ate 3.5Gs (I knew they kicked in faster than LSD but I wasn't thinking cause I was excited! Lol) well I had to drive to pick up my roommate which makes a very interesting and Thompson esque story but at the time it was nerve racking as hell even though I enjoyed the wild sense of it. Worst part of it is that I get anxiety on the come up if mushrooms but I don't on acid. Acid is like my best friend, totally dependable and yet completely unexpected. Lol, he just drops by any time and we seem to just understand each other. I've taken ten or twelve hits and went house shopping before, LMAO. Now that's a hell of an adventure.

Wow, sounds like you've been pretty deep down the rabbit hole!

Now that I think of it, LSD does feel very euphoric and lovely to me. The feeling I get from LSD is very comforting to me. When I start feeling effects, I usually get the perma-grin and a wave of pleasant emotion. Thinking it over, I might actually prefer the come-up of LSD rather than psilocybin; I've only ever eaten dried mushrooms, so nausea is usually a factor, but LSD never gives me nausea.
That being said, I think I'll try taking 2 tabs at once sometime and see how it compares!

I also can't imagine what the shopping on 10+ tabs adventure was like! That must've been a crazy ride :lol:

--------------------

OfflineDirtyTomFlint
( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #19268039 - 12/12/13 09:02 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Tolerance in psychedelics build up very fast. There's also a cross-tolerance between LSD, mushrooms and mescaline. Keep that in mind.

Taking more WHILE on a trip (including the onset) is not unheard of - the reports are mixed: it either works or it doesn't.

Taking more after a comedown would be stupid, or even after a day or two. The tolerance builds up so fast you'd need double the amount to feel the same effects. I'd only do this at a 2-day or 3-day event.

--------------------

Know Your Body, Know Your Mind, Know Your Substance, Know Your Source

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

#19268957 - 12/13/13 01:01 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

The tolerance time frame with LSD is more or less the same as with mushrooms.

If you're going to redose, you should do so within the hour, but you might as well just take your predetermined dose all at once and buckle up for the ride.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract