Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebolbol
Bird
Male
Is 1 week of Incubation enough? [Newbie] (Updated current progress results)
    #19252511 - 12/09/13 08:53 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ive had 4 small jars in an incubator for a week now. I saw first sign of mycelum growth in the 3rd day and by now one of the jars is white and has covered every spot on the BRF/verm substrate. Should I keep it in there for a longer period of time or should I get it out so it will start pinning?

Ok so 2 of the 4 small jars(including the very small jar that was included that I posted a picture of) were put in a bucket with only 2 holes at the top, covered in perlite at the bottom and the top covered with see through garbage. I didnt dunk and roll these cakes, I just added few bits of verm on the top of the cakes.

The other 2 jars were a bit bigger in size. I dunked them for 16 hours and sprinkled verm on all sides of it and placed it in a SGFC style bucket with holes on the bottom and the sides.

I gave them the same amount of care but the smallest cake that wasnt even dunked gave the most pins and has the biggest shrooms on it so far. The other ones have have very few probably 2-3, especially the two dunked and rolled that were placed on the SGFC.

Edited by bolbol (01/03/14 04:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Re: Is 1 week of Incubation enough? [Newbie] [Re: bolbol]
    #19252516 - 12/09/13 08:54 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Pics

--------------------

InvisibleSuperFly
Still in the Space Race
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Dark side off the moon
    #19252528 - 12/09/13 08:56 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

If you are going to fruit it as it is let it consolidate for a week after full colonization.

If you plan on crumbling it into bulk substrate then crumble at 100% colonization while the mycelium is fresh and young.

Offlinebolbol
Bird
Male
Re: Is 1 week of Incubation enough? [Newbie] [Re: SuperFly]
    #19252587 - 12/09/13 09:09 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

http://i.imgur.com/OiwNfT1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0VEfSCD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eo1iXsA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9BUqId0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8xJCM1o.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1wmbWsU.jpg

Here are the pics.
I want to get it out of the jars when I see pinnings to put them in another container for them to grow. Im following the PFtek

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

#19252604 - 12/09/13 09:12 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Dry Verm Layer? Ditch that foil bro. I'm surprised those colonized as quickly as you said.

--------------------

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Is 1 week of Incubation enough? [Newbie] [Re: SuperFly]
    #19252608 - 12/09/13 09:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheMrMACdaddy said:
If you are going to fruit it as it is let it consolidate for a week after full colonization.

If you plan on crumbling it into bulk substrate then crumble at 100% colonization while the mycelium is fresh and young.

:whathesaid: A week seems kinda quick for jars to be fully colonized.. even working with brf bags the quickest ive had em fully colonize was 10 days, and bags can be mashed which speeds colonization up like 5 times compared to brf jars. im guessing just the outside of the substrate is colonized, and you dont wanna try to rush it and have em contam..besides, if the middle isnt colonized the cakes most likely wont pin bc there is still sub to colonize.. i would gve em at least another 6 days even if your sure they arw colonized all the way through so they consolidate..

even if you are gonna crumble and case em with 50/50 etc or sawn to a mono i think you better give em another week.. better to wait than have your work turn green!

--------------------

Edited by SamhainJ (12/09/13 09:19 PM)

OfflineSamhainJ

Re: Is 1 week of Incubation enough? [Newbie] [Re: SamhainJ]
    #19252617 - 12/09/13 09:15 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

What made you decide to use shot glasses? Was it a test or practice run? I dont see any other reason for wasting the spores on 1.5 oz cakes unless testing syringe you made or something bc your not gonna get much at all even if you case all of em..

--------------------

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

Re: Is 1 week of Incubation enough? [Newbie] [Re: TheMustardTiger]
    #19252619 - 12/09/13 09:15 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Upon further review, those jars are tiny! What ratio of verm/BRF did you use? This partially explains the quick colonization

--------------------

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

#19252628 - 12/09/13 09:16 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SamhainJ said:
What made you decide to use shot glasses? Was it a test or practice run? I dont see any other reason for wasting the spores on 1.5 oz cakes unless testing syringe you made or something bc your not gonna get much at all even if you case all of em..

:thumbup: Invest in some 1/2 pint jars. Very cheap.

--------------------

Offlinebolbol
Bird
Male
    #19252631 - 12/09/13 09:17 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Well the actual problem is that this is my first time and I don't know if the middle part is colonized or not. I didnt use premade stuff, I just added verm + brown rice flour that I made myself. I topped it with dry verm and put it there last sunday night.

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

#19252639 - 12/09/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bolbol said:
Well the actual problem is that this is my first time and I don't know if the middle part is colonized or not. I didnt use premade stuff, I just added verm + brown rice flour that I made myself. I topped it with dry verm and put it there last sunday night.

At the rate your jars are going, consolidate for a few days after full colonization. I'm interested to see the yield. Anyone care to place a wager on how many actual fruit bodies end up on these little guys? Make sure you post pics of pinning.

--------------------

Offlinebolbol
Bird
Male
    #19252647 - 12/09/13 09:21 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I used tiny glasses to test out how the incubator does its job and if my sterilization technique worked, so basically it was a test to see if everything is fine. I added bigger jars later on once I saw that all the 4 jars showed no signs of contamination.

The verm to brf ratio is 3.5 to 1

OfflineOgreLokon
Pretty Fun Guy
Male

#19252651 - 12/09/13 09:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Those are ADORABLE! I wanna know how this turns out, as well!

OfflineSamhainJ

#19252670 - 12/09/13 09:24 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Id be willing to bet that even as small as they are, the middles arent colonized.. i noticed a few lil spots on em in your pics that look like some arent even completely done on the outside.. i would def case all em using frankhorrigans 50/50 tek and maybe you can pull 1-4g dry depending on the weight of all of your shot glass cakes vombined..either way give em more time and dont forget to start some new half pint jars so you wont have to wait a month after yoyr shotglass cakes are spent.. always have jars colonizing bc after you succesfully grow the first time your gonna be addicted to growing em.. i enjoy growing even more than eating em lol

--------------------

OfflineSamhainJ

#19252712 - 12/09/13 09:31 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Unless yoyr house is 65°F or colder a incubator isnt neccasary.. i do put my jars and bags in a room at my grow house that averages 75° and gets as high as 80°F.. but temps in the 80s increase the risk of germinating endosporest that survived sterilization.. cooler temps are less likely to germinate dormant contams

--------------------

Offlinebolbol
Bird
Male
    #19252736 - 12/09/13 09:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

It is colder than 65.. I had the thermostat on 28 C and ive had couple of times when I checked on it and it was unplugged but it definitely didnt stay without a thermostat heating it up for more than 8 hours.

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

#19252748 - 12/09/13 09:35 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SamhainJ said:
Unless yoyr house is 65°F or colder a incubator isnt neccasary.. i do put my jars and bags in a room at my grow house that averages 75° and gets as high as 80°F.. but temps in the 80s increase the risk of germinating endosporest that survived sterilization.. cooler temps are less likely to germinate dormant contams

A Portable electric oil heater on wheels and a bedroom is the best incubator I've ever used.

--------------------

OfflineSamhainJ

#19252774 - 12/09/13 09:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MustardTiger66 said:
Quote:

SamhainJ said:

A Portable electric oil heater on wheels and a bedroom is the best incubator I've ever used.

I hear these arw the best way to incubate if you have to get temps up.. just dont use heat pads etc like alot of noobs use,bc they dry the substrate out and are possible fire hazards

--------------------

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

#19252784 - 12/09/13 09:42 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SamhainJ said:
Quote:

MustardTiger66 said:
Quote:

SamhainJ said:

I hear these arw the best way to incubate if you have to get temps up.. just dont use heat pads etc like alot of noobs use,bc they dry the substrate out and are possible fire hazards

Truth. Also, the electric oil heaters don't mess with the RH too much which I enjoy for a variety of reasons.

--------------------

Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle
    #19252838 - 12/09/13 09:51 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

you want to heat the whole room not just the container its in.

like Phil Collins said an oil radiant heater in the room is your best friend

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom