Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLustyLocks
I'm a teapot

Loc: Mom's basement Flag
Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2013*** [Re: xfsketch]
    #19056610 - 10/30/13 08:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xfsketch said:
@claybuddy
That cat gif is saweet!!! Be fun for someone who is trippin!

Thanks bud! It is fun for people who be doin that!

Ghiajake. Tell your dad good lookin out on that beaut!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-He-Ho
Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2013*** [Re: LustyLocks]
    #19056865 - 10/30/13 10:23 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

YW looks like the cat has a hit or two of acid on its tongue lol.

--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Loc: Indiana
Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2013*** [Re: xfsketch]
    #19192223 - 11/26/13 02:01 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So I went down to my father's house today to pick a bunch of Turkey Tails for a substrate experiment, and to get a few small willow tree logs to spawn with Oyster and Shiitake dowels. When I got to the log piles these are what I found. Guess I don't need to spawn them, they are already full of Oyster myc!

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2013*** [Re: ghiajake]
    #19194321 - 11/26/13 09:24 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Nice!

--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2013*** [Re: Ganzig]
    #19199072 - 11/28/13 01:31 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Since I don't have a thread going for them, I'll post the pics here. First are pics of the second flush of my lime pasteurizing straw test. The last ones are of LC test jars of Enoki and Lion's Mane, and of dowels spawned at the same time as the LC.

Edited by ghiajake (11/28/13 01:46 AM)

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2013*** [Re: ghiajake]
    #19200664 - 11/28/13 12:39 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:super::feelingfeisty::congrats:

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2014*** [Re: Joust]
    #19362722 - 01/03/14 10:24 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So a new year has begun and its a cold, snowy bitch! We have been getting a good steady amount of snow and rain this winter. Although it is a pain in the ass, a wet winter means a wet spring. We should have a great spring hunting season, I can't wait! Hope you all had a good holiday season, and for all you Shroomerites in the great white Hoosier State, "Buck up". Spring isn't too far off. Just keep imagining how big the morels will be in a couple months. Have you spread hardwood ash on your morel patches yet? Better get to it.

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2014*** [Re: ghiajake]
    #19362754 - 01/03/14 10:33 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Are those the pinks I hooked you up with?

--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2014*** [Re: Ganzig]
    #19467467 - 01/24/14 12:45 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yes they are Ganzig. The plate contaminated on me so I'm gonna have to see if I can save some culture to restock on the Pinks. I spawned a bunch of newspaper with the used up straw block, but they aren't colonizing it very well. I took the pans out of my GH because the newspaper blocks were absorbing too much RH and were too wet, but the rest of my house isn't warm enough for good colonization. Damn winter, I'm SO over it. PM me when you get the chance.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #19499833 - 01/31/14 05:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ghiajake said:
So a new year has begun and its a cold, snowy bitch! We have been getting a good steady amount of snow and rain this winter. Although it is a pain in the ass, a wet winter means a wet spring. We should have a great spring hunting season, I can't wait! Hope you all had a good holiday season, and for all you Shroomerites in the great white Hoosier State, "Buck up". Spring isn't too far off. Just keep imagining how big the morels will be in a couple months. Have you spread hardwood ash on your morel patches yet? Better get to it.

I am so ready for the warm up!  This year I am a member of H.M.S.(hoosier mushroom society) and plan on attending all the forays they arrange. The president (?) Of the group is from the town I live in and he said he gets back to the area a few times a year and we are going on a few personal forays.

I have cultivated since 1986, but have never went hunting wilds. This year I am obsessed with learning mushroom hunting skills!

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2014*** [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #19500767 - 01/31/14 11:07 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome man. I haven't met with the HMS folks yet, but I'm sure you'll have a blast with them. We started our own club here in Terre Haute as an intermediate location between the Illinois folks (IMA) based out of Chicago, and the HMS folks in the Bloomington area. We concentrate more on the Wabash River regions (hence the name Wabash River Mycological Society), but I'll probably make it over for a couple HMS forays this spring to get to meet some people. I went up to Chicago on Columbus day last year to meet the IMA crew. Their President, Ms. Rebecca Fyffe, and I are birthday twins, same day/year and only a few hours apart. If you're in the Terre Haute area at all this spring, hit me up and we'll go hunting The relatively small City Park our club is based out of has an amazing myco-diversity for such a small area. There are three miles of trails which take you past a restored wetlands, through pine woods, old growth and second growth forest, and a 25 acre State Nature Preserve.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19592843 - 02/20/14 12:30 AM (10 years, 30 days ago)

I'm getting so antsy to get in the woods and start hunting again! My goal is to collect enough morels I have a hard time selling them all. :smile:

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19770146 - 03/30/14 07:06 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Went out and did some more clearing in the woods today. Found a lot of mycelium in the ground litter. Wonder what kind it is? I guess I'll find out some time. :smile:

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

#19771173 - 03/30/14 10:43 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Im not far from you. It wont be long temps are going to rise from here on out I think. Keep marking those spots in your memory. Thats what Im doing here :wink:

--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: ***Official Indiana Mushroom Season 2014*** [Re: xfsketch]
    #19807964 - 04/07/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Here's an update on the Phoenix Oyster logs I found last fall. They are Willow logs from a tree that fell at my dad's last year. I just took them off my front porch to soak them in a rain barrel (submerged and weighed down), and I found a surprise! Very active mycelial growth! Scraped off as much as I could to transfer to chips. One of the logs (not pictured) has been chilling in my outdoor sawdust pile. I went to check it and there was a good sized chunk of colonized sawdust underneath. Collected it all to toss in the chip tub with the scrapings, then set the log back down in the sawdust. I put clean wood chips on the ledge to use it as spawn, then I put my 4 SRA blocks on top of the ledge chips to keep the moisture in the chips so they colonize better.

For any of you who are interested in growing mushrooms, but don't want to spend the money on all the things needed for indoor cultivation, This is an easy way to transfer wild mycelium to various substrates to use in outdoor cultivation. With little to no money, or effort.

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

#19807996 - 04/07/14 12:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I want to try that. I searched the net for something like this. I want to collect wild colonized logs and transport them home to grow here.

--------------------

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19808011 - 04/07/14 01:05 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Easy way to do it. Cut logs off a colonized log in the woods, split them with an axe, and bury them under clean sawdust or wood chips to transfer the myc. Then use that to expand your culture.

Offlinexfsketch
Conky
Male User Gallery

#19808033 - 04/07/14 01:16 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ghiajake said:
Easy way to do it. Cut logs off a colonized log in the woods, split them with an axe, and bury them under clean sawdust or wood chips to transfer the myc. Then use that to expand your culture.

Saweet! Looks like I have a new season project :wink: Maybe I can pack a wood maul on the atv and break  large pieces off to split at home. I dont have a gas chainsaw. I have an electric one and an outlet on the atv but Im not sure it can run it properly. I can use the chainsaw to make saw dust and woodchips. I have some two year seasoned wood. About half a cord of maple, oak, sassafrass, apple mixed. I also have a bunch of bark and wood shavings that are the same age sitting outside. The plan is to chop them all into woodchips since my original plan to burn them changed. I will PM you when I get started TY for the info bud!:highfive:

--------------------

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#19908633 - 04/27/14 06:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

First mushrooms of the season!!! Woohoo! Some Dryad Saddle and a few morels. Plus some Inkies that popped up in my hay bales.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#19909162 - 04/27/14 08:11 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

nice morels :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale