Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCircle K
What Else Do You Need?
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli Province of Detro...
A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence
    #19188727 - 11/25/13 07:42 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, Shroomerites. Circle K here, stoned as always, and I got hit with some information today that blew my load.

I was in a philosophy lecture today, and with a little bit of a Biological touch, my professor talked about the Fibonacci sequence today. Now, as some of you know, the Fibbonacci sequence is an algorhythm that's pretty simple to get your head wrapped around.

Think of it like this:
0+1=1
1+1=2
2+1=3
3+2=5 And so on.

This is what really got me. Fucking TREES grow according to the Fibonacci sequence. I tried checking some trees out earlier on, but couldn't determine much because the ones I've seen today have all been trimmed back. My professor talked about flowers, and about things like pine cones, and how the number of spirals they have ALWAYS comes out to a number of the Fibonacci sequence.

Now, I've got a question for the Shroomery.

As a relative newbie to cultivation, to those of you that do so yourselves, could you guys check out some of your clusters? The reason I'm asking is because I figured that maybe a mycelium-rooted cluster of mushrooms may adhere to this same rule. Before I left I gave my tub a good mist, observing a three-mushroom cluster, it was food for thought later on today.

What do you guys think? This entire thought could be bogus, but all the cluster pictures I'm seeing off of Google, that haven't been modified, at least, seem to do this whole thought justice.

--------------------
Hold on tight, to your dream!

Unless you have shoeboxes, then hold onto those.

Head down to the store, buy some butterfly clips, dub tub your jars, forget about them, move to Kensington, buy a boat you only ever keep in your driveway, become a Pinterest administrator, sell dollar store mugs with rhinestones hot glued all over them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence [Re: Circle K] * 2
    #19189022 - 11/25/13 08:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Many plants, shrubs, and trees all follow the fibonacci sequence.

Check out this site: http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/nature-golden-ratio-fibonacci.html

--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence [Re: Circle K] * 2
    #19189314 - 11/25/13 10:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

IMO, its a highly overrated number/sequence that verges on mysticism rather than real science.  The golden ratio is the most over-rated number there is.

The brain is great at finding what it is looking for.  Be wary of your brain's ability to do this.  Here is a read that may interest you,
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc.htm

Edited by DieCommie (11/25/13 10:10 PM)

Invisibleteknix
π“‚€βŸπ“…’π“π“…ƒπ“Š°π“‰‘ 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence [Re: Circle K] * 1
    #19189385 - 11/25/13 10:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Snails, vines, flowers, vegetables and some succulents also exhibit the same sort of growth pattern.

http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.arts.20110101.01.html

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #19189515 - 11/25/13 10:40 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
It's not bogus. Pretty cool right?
[/url]

My cannabis plant failed basic math. :sad:

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #19191340 - 11/26/13 10:46 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
It's not bogus. Pretty cool right?

Check out this site: http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/nature-golden-ratio-fibonacci.html

:thumbup:
All added into one video:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: A Feast For Thought - Mushrooms and the Fibonacci Sequence [Re: DieCommie]
    #19191379 - 11/26/13 10:53 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
IMO, its a highly overrated number/sequence that verges on mysticism rather than real science.  The golden ratio is the most over-rated number there is.

The brain is great at finding what it is looking for.  Be wary of your brain's ability to do this.  Here is a read that may interest you,
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc.htm

I agree - nice link. It is a cool sequence however, mainly because I like math. But it doesn't mean anything deeper.

--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds