Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefunkerdslr
Δ9
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: Dest]
    #19128692 - 11/12/13 09:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dest said:

:thisfuckinguy:

--------------------
RIP Alice

<3 Chinacat72 <3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: Dest]
    #19128877 - 11/12/13 10:03 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dest said:

I find very little about charas "undesirable". I find the difficulty of making joints etc with BHO more undesirable than a little bit of entirely natural and fully "organic" (in every sense of the word)plant matter being present in trace amounts. Charas is essentially an oil extract made without petrochemicals.. I know which I'd rather smoke.

The comparison is similar to holding up a decent vintage wine (choose your varietal, region, year etc) to pure ethanol or Everclear etc. One may be stronger, but both will get you drunk and one is a lot more versatile and pleasant. :jah: Really nice sticks/balls/slabs of charas are a thing of beauty.

Not really knocking BHO, but it is apples and oranges in a way.  :2cents:

:peace:

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

Edited by egodeathflux (11/13/13 06:35 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: egodeathflux]
    #19130455 - 11/13/13 09:25 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure what is wrong with dry sift or ice water hash.  Go solventless!

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: muistrue]
    #19131426 - 11/13/13 01:56 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

muistrue said:
Quote:

screamphilling said:
is butane hash really that much better than ISO or d-limonene.... ethanol even?

Yes. Even cold water is better than those but butane is the best of all.

I think hexane's the best solvent, hexane pulls more and it's even less polar than butane. Steam distilled is the best in general I think.

But more on topic, glad the baby didn't explode. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: Eminence]
    #19131591 - 11/13/13 02:42 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, exploding babies is bad. mmmkay?

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Loc: Pee En Double You
Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: egodeathflux]
    #19132456 - 11/13/13 06:09 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

WHen I first read the title I thought the baby was the one making the hash

--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19133418 - 11/13/13 09:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Why anyone blasts indoors without professional grade lab equipment is beyond me. Unless I have solvent-safe vacuums, a home interior is a fire hazard waiting to happen. TV's, lights, ovens, etc. can all make a spark. Even if you set fire blasting outside, the pressure isn't built up like inside.

Blasting BHO indoors = house sized bomb.

Offlinefunkerdslr
Δ9
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: Godfather1376]
    #19133646 - 11/13/13 10:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

You're totally right there with the not blasting inside. Even more so, im glad you brought up solvent specific pumps because I had a little miss hap recently with a regular H-vac pump in the lab.

It was late one night and we were trying to finish up this GDP x SWOG nug run.I was being a dimwit and  couldn't be bothered to wait for all the butane to move to the cold trap from the holding tank. When i opened the catch tank there was still about a liter of liquid N-tane in the bottom which i decided to throw in the desiccator anyway to vac. Once the vac hit 15hg the pump started to sound funny and then BOOM!! black smoke started billowing from the exhaust port. Turns out the butane condensed into the pump oil, ignited and caught the pump oil on fire. My colleague practically jumped out the second story window when the lab fire extinguishing system went off, basically flooding the whole second story with white foam.

After that, we invested in laboratory molecular pumps that exhaust solvents into a separate container instead of through the pumps oil.

Since its croptober just ended, you're going to see much more of these explosions on the news with idiots attempting to concentrate their yields.

--------------------
RIP Alice

<3 Chinacat72 <3

Edited by funkerdslr (11/13/13 10:10 PM)

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: funkerdslr]
    #19133652 - 11/13/13 10:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

funkerdslr said:
Even 99% ISO alcohol is denatured and leaves traceable amounts of residue in oil, never ever use iso alcohol.

How do you know that and how do you know that the alleged denaturing ingredients don't also evap out?

Isopropyl alcohol is denatured? I thought denaturing was used for ethanol to prevent people from drinking it. People don't drink isopropyl alcohol.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: s240779]
    #19133663 - 11/13/13 10:11 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah that doesn't make sense. No reason to denature Iso when it's already poisonous to ingest. I've never had residue left behind from Iso, no matter how diluted.

--------------------

Offlinefunkerdslr
Δ9
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: s240779]
    #19133766 - 11/13/13 10:35 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
Quote:

funkerdslr said:
Even 99% ISO alcohol is denatured and leaves traceable amounts of residue in oil, never ever use iso alcohol.

How do you know that and how do you know that the alleged denaturing ingredients don't also evap out?

Isopropyl alcohol is denatured? I thought denaturing was used for ethanol to prevent people from drinking it. People don't drink isopropyl alcohol.

Read my post about when we evaporated  10 gallons of 99% pure ISO alcohol and got 14 grams of white powder in return, which 2 labs (The Wecshop and SC labs) tested positive for peroxides and traces of diisopropyl ether (you don't want to be dabbing those compounds)

When i'm referring to specifically denatured ISO, im talking acetone/ethanol-ISO, and when i say 99% iso is denatured, im saying its not safe for human consumption. Hell, ISO is a denaturing agent itself.
You are right that they denature ethanol by adding methanol to it so people cant drink it (makes you go blind). At the same time, one can also purchase a mix of acetone,thanol and ISO which is specifically used for industrial cleaning and is labeled as SD-ISO which stands for "Specifically Denatured Iso", which is the reason i used the terminology in the first place. I've never actually seen it in person, I was simply using it as a reference.  :wink:

--------------------
RIP Alice

<3 Chinacat72 <3

Edited by funkerdslr (11/13/13 10:57 PM)

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: funkerdslr]
    #19141005 - 11/15/13 01:40 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Is ISO from a lab environment adulterated in any way? We huffed some from rags when we were drunk as skunks a few years ago, it gives a 10-15 minute sloppy, hilarious type drunkenness..

I get all my ISO from genetics labs (family all work in sciences) I have bottles of the stuff I use for cleaning and decontaminating various things, never been sure if it would be safe to drink if diluted a reasonable amount... Not planning to, just curious. I'll stick to my 8%+ ciders, wine and decent whiskey. :tongue:

:popcorn:

--------------------

Offlines240779
    #19453052 - 01/21/14 01:52 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

By the way, funkerdslr, how do you feel about Klean-Strip naptha (in terms of using it as a reagent)?

InvisibleEminence
Male

#19453070 - 01/21/14 01:55 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Idk why but naphtha always makes shitty oil for me even if it's chilled, I always have to use other solvents to clean it up. You should look into n-hexane, it's the best non polar solvent to use for concentrates. Takes a whle longer to evaporate than butane, but if you're looking at naphtha as an option I'd definitely say go for hexane.

--------------------

Offlines240779
Re: Baby in the Fortuna Apartment that Exploded During Hash Making Last Night [Re: Eminence]
    #19453085 - 01/21/14 01:59 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm actually asking for my planned DMT extraction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale