Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKingKnowledge
Settling Out
Male

Loc: Gone for a while
Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil
    #19036894 - 10/26/13 08:16 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

Hello fellow shroomerites,

I consider myself quite the pot head. That being said, I've always stuck (mostly) to plant and never to concentrate. In a few days, my friend is putting an order in for concentrates and asked me if I wanted in.

The shipment is coming from a club in Cali, so it's dispensary-grade stuff at much better prices than I'd find around me in the North East. The menu for this specific dispensary has hash, oil, and wax. I've smoked each of these, but I don't have much expertise in their distinct differences and similarities....

Any concentrate experts care to share some knowledge? I really need some help picking what I want to buy since I sadly can't try everything the club offers. Don't take the method of smoking into account, since I have (or will have) both a nail on a nice water pipe and a G-Pen. Also, the menu has indica/satica/hybrids of all three. 

Things I'm looking for:
-Clearheadedness
-Uplifting
-Social/Stimulating

Looking forward to hearing from ya'll experienced folks!

:awethumb:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: KingKnowledge]
    #19037037 - 10/26/13 08:39 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

there all good, depends on how you prefer to ingest.

find a nice sativa, although for me hash always gives me a deep stone and heavy eye lids regardless what was used to extract from.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer

#19037038 - 10/26/13 08:39 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

I got some wax recently that tested at 92% THC. To be specific it's called Moonrock.  Excellent stuff :thumbup:
A gram lasts me about a week and a half, which ain't bad for my habit :rasta:

I got an E-Go T Upgrade that I use to smoke concentrates, and the wax has been the best by far.

I've tried oil, it was potent.  But it's been my experience that the wax is superior.  It covers all three things you're looking for.

However, I'm sure potency can depend on who made it, what method, etc.

--------------------
Did you know the pen
Is stronger than the knife?
And they can kill you once
But they can't kill you twice
Did you know destruction of the flesh is not the ending to life
Fear not of the Anti-Christ

- Damian Marley -

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: bishlap]
    #19037076 - 10/26/13 08:50 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

bishlap said:
there all good, depends on how you prefer to ingest.

find a nice sativa, although for me hash always gives me a deep stone and heavy eye lids regardless what was used to extract from.

They are all good, no doubt :bongload:
But traditional hash (bubble, sugar) has got nothing on wax and oil concentrates.
And I'm not disagreeing with your statements, just letting OP know.

But if you don't mind me asking, how do you smoke your concentrates?  Because the deep stone/heavy eyelid thing used to be a constant for me til I switched to vaping them.

--------------------
Did you know the pen

- Damian Marley -

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: ElVatoFirme]
    #19037171 - 10/26/13 09:07 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

I generally smoke wax and BHO that is like brown glass until you add heat.

I have an attachment to my bong that has a glass nail inclosed by glass, only a hole for dabbing.

worst part is, its almost a 2 man operation.
one holds the dab and glass dome as the other torches the nail.

2 hits and im usually passing up any more, and I smoke at least a zone a week of mids, my tolerance is a bitch.

e: I quite like bubble hash, true it lacks in potency but ime usually tastes amazing.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

Edited by bishlap (10/26/13 09:11 PM)

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: bishlap]
    #19037313 - 10/26/13 09:31 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

Personally, I'm not much of a grass man anymore, myself but I like the occasional cannabis high. I love hash although its typically the weaker of the three but with my low tolerance it's the best. The wax and oil was just too strong for me but I did enjoy it a few times and it gave my vision a high definition quality to it. I'd like to try to eat some instead of smoking, smoking it gives me social anxiety and makes me uncomfortable as fuck. So I guess I'm not the best for this question but d you're a heavy stoner looking for a sativa like high them I'd go for the wax. I think one reason it gave me social anxiety was cause everyone wanted to chill and I was stimulated to do shit and felt like I couldn't without them thinking I was crazy, haha. It's also hard to keep up with some pot heads that smoke that shit. 4/20, walk in a eat two edibles and then take a few hits of the dabs then a few hits of hash and try to tell me you're comfortable sitting here being a lazy fuck. I just kept singing "people are strange" into head as I watched fear and loathing and loathed my ass off in the corner peering out of my chinked ass devil dick eyes. Next day I was just like fuck that let's do coke or something, lol.

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Male

Loc: California
Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19037337 - 10/26/13 09:34 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

Get moonrocks, it's wax rolled in hash

OfflineKingKnowledge
Settling Out
Male

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: theRAPeutic]
    #19038261 - 10/27/13 12:14 AM (9 months, 18 days ago)

Thanks for all the advice. What I'm thinking is a little bit of cheap hash (they sell $10 grams, so I'd get 2 or 3) just to have, and then a good mix of oil and wax :smile:

Sativas for sure. The hash I'll get indica just to have one real knockout. So pumped ! :smile:

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer

#19040613 - 10/27/13 02:37 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

bishlap said:
I generally smoke wax and BHO that is like brown glass until you add heat.

I have an attachment to my bong that has a glass nail inclosed by glass, only a hole for dabbing.

worst part is, its almost a 2 man operation.
one holds the dab and glass dome as the other torches the nail.

2 hits and im usually passing up any more, and I smoke at least a zone a week of mids, my tolerance is a bitch.

e: I quite like bubble hash, true it lacks in potency but ime usually tastes amazing.

Nice :thumbup:
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do a real dab with a nail setup.  But I've heard great things.

And you're right about the taste of bubble hash. Usually much better.  Quite Earthy.

Quote:

KingKnowledge said:
Thanks for all the advice. What I'm thinking is a little bit of cheap hash (they sell $10 grams, so I'd get 2 or 3) just to have, and then a good mix of oil and wax :smile:

Sativas for sure. The hash I'll get indica just to have one real knockout. So pumped ! :smile:

Good choice.  You're in for a real treat.  I remember my first hit of a nice concentrate...:girlishjoy:

--------------------
Did you know the pen

- Damian Marley -

OfflineKingKnowledge
Settling Out
Male

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: ElVatoFirme]
    #19040658 - 10/27/13 02:51 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

I've hit concentrate before, but only when friends have smoked me up...never bought for myself! Seeing as I usually buy ounces or halfs of herb at a time, I should really spend at least $200 on this purchase to last me a bit. Apparently a gram of wax can last a good week if you're a heavy smoker.

I've actually never tried oil. But my friend got wax once before and my other friend has good hash from NYC all the time :smile:

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
    #19040721 - 10/27/13 03:08 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

hash is more versatile, The oil is usually a one hit kind of thing

--------------------

-
If I knew the way, I would take you home.

Offlinechutney
Credo quia absurdum
Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: Agentchewy]
    #19040810 - 10/27/13 03:31 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

How does "wax" differ from hash oil?

Aren't they both just solvent based oils?

I love me some oil. I have a glass tube thats custom made for making hash oil... comes with one open end, and the other end has a small pre-fitted hole for the butane nozzle. I use Vector 5x filtered butane, but looking for a cleaner alternative if anybody knows of one. I don't have the luxury of vacuum purging my finished product, so the cleaner the solvent the better in my case.

--------------------

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: chutney]
    #19040888 - 10/27/13 03:46 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

Yep.
Wax has oils that are solid at room temp, unlike 'oil' which are still a bit runny.
Hash is the weakest of the three, but also the most 'natural' and closest to bud in taste.

I've found letting your tolerance drop and then hitting the concentrates hard can produce psychedelic effects.

Offlinefunkerdslr
Δ9
Male User Gallery

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: StygianKnight]
    #19041120 - 10/27/13 04:34 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

As a oil producer for multiple dispensaries here in southern cali, i can attest to the fact BHO de-waxed in ethanol will yield the highest test results both in actives and low residual solvents.

Wax is just whipped oil that's been stabilized. Shatter is fully stable oil which has most of its RS purged out of it. If you get an oil that's runny, there is 100% chance there are contaminants (residual butane, plant waxes, and other long chain hydrocarbons). THC and all the other cannabinoids are clear and solid at room temperature, if your oil is anything but see through and hard, then it needs more purging. Unless of course you're dealing with hexane of SCC02, where the cannabinoids actually bind to the terpinoids during the extraction and you'll never get a fully stable oil because removing the terpenes and lipids will also remove actives.

For anyone actually looking to better their knowledge of cannabis concentrates, SKR is the place. skunk pharm research center

--------------------
RIP Alice

<3 Chinacat72 <3

Edited by funkerdslr (10/27/13 04:40 PM)

OfflineKingKnowledge
Settling Out
Male

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: funkerdslr]
    #19041371 - 10/27/13 05:26 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

funkerdslr said:
As a oil producer for multiple dispensaries here in southern cali, i can attest to the fact BHO de-waxed in ethanol will yield the highest test results both in actives and low residual solvents.

Wax is just whipped oil that's been stabilized. Shatter is fully stable oil which has most of its RS purged out of it. If you get an oil that's runny, there is 100% chance there are contaminants (residual butane, plant waxes, and other long chain hydrocarbons). THC and all the other cannabinoids are clear and solid at room temperature, if your oil is anything but see through and hard, then it needs more purging. Unless of course you're dealing with hexane of SCC02, where the cannabinoids actually bind to the terpinoids during the extraction and you'll never get a fully stable oil because removing the terpenes and lipids will also remove actives.

For anyone actually looking to better their knowledge of cannabis concentrates, SKR is the place. skunk pharm research center

Very informative, thank you! Except why then is some dispensary oil runny? Even dispensary grade isnt good?

OfflineKingKnowledge
Settling Out
Male

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: Agentchewy]
    #19041374 - 10/27/13 05:27 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Agentchewy said:
hash is more versatile, The oil is usually a one hit kind of thing

Well G-Pen's do the trick with oil :smile:

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#19041548 - 10/27/13 06:20 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

From my limited understanding many med grade oils are made with SCC02.

Offlinefunkerdslr
Δ9
Male User Gallery

#19041719 - 10/27/13 07:13 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

KingKnowledge said:
Quote:

funkerdslr said:

Very informative, thank you! Except why then is some dispensary oil runny? Even dispensary grade isnt good?

Unfortunately there are more co-ops peddling harmful BHO than one might think. The quality control on most of this oil is ZERO because the oil producers are considered "private contractors" and are responsible for all testing and quality control.

As you can imagine, this leaves a massive loop hole for unscrupulous vendors to run the shittiest material they can find, and then sell that un-purged product because it actually weighs more. It's really up to the individual dispensaries to lab test everything before they buy it, but that rarely happens as it costs $150 per HPLC test. Most collectives won't go through the trouble or money to get back definitive results on the residual hydrocarbons and sell what they're given based on what the vendor tells them. Most people are under the impression that dispensaries are super strict and have a medical intake process, when in reality we get dudes walking in off the street with backpacks full of bud, and if it looks decent, we'll buy it if the price it right.

There is however a network of extract artists that are trying to change things, and through research and quantitative results one day i hope all dispensaries will have a standard test bed for concentrates, as for right now, there is no set base standard.

As for most dispensary oil being SCC02, unfortunately that's like saying the majority of LSD out there is real LSD. SCC02 setups cost $100,000+ and there are only 6 labs in california that i know of (more in colorado) who produce SCC02 oil on a regular basis, and they have set shops they sell to so its still difficult to find unless you know where the shops are that carry it. 

--------------------
RIP Alice

<3 Chinacat72 <3

Edited by funkerdslr (10/27/13 07:28 PM)

Offlinerefried
The Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: funkerdslr]
    #19041760 - 10/27/13 07:25 PM (9 months, 17 days ago)

I really like wax, personally, and I find that the indica and sativa both have a much clearer high than regular bud.  I smoke out of the mflb tray for now, looking to get a bong and nail soon.  Can any further elaborate on shatter vs. wax?

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: Wax vs. Hash vs. Oil [Re: refried]
    #19043028 - 10/28/13 12:08 AM (9 months, 17 days ago)

Quite interesting.
The places I know that use SCCO2 do so mostly in their baking.  I knew the setup was expensive but I didn't realize so few places use it.
While it's probably on the site you posted, do you know if there are different pull rates/percentages for different cannabinoids?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience