Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleImperfect Iam
^means imperfect,not I'm perfect
Male User Gallery

Loc: center of the universe Flag
Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spore Printing! [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #19851568 - 04/15/14 11:29 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

No, perfect, when I actually get down to it I might have some questions in hindsight, but you seem to have covered it thoroughly, so when I bring it back to a simmer, I want to trie to get it to right to the point where they are about to burst? That's the one part that seems kind of tricky, I guess you just have to do it a few times to figure when that time is I guess! Thanks so much, I REALLY APPRECIATE, that you took the time to explain that to me!

--------------------
All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be- Pink Floyd

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- John Lennon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spore Printing! [Re: Imperfect Iam]
    #19852267 - 04/16/14 03:51 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

And how long was your PC time?

--------------------

Edited by Imperfect Iam (04/16/14 05:33 AM)

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spore Printing! [Re: Imperfect Iam]
    #19853030 - 04/16/14 09:27 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

yep tricky, really only because the shit gets sticky like mashed potatoes if cooked even a little too long.  much too long, and no amount of rinsing will make it work.  there's room for error, but not much.  there's no substitute for experience, so don't be afraid to fail.

like i said, better to err on the side of under than over cooked.  it's like playing chicken but as long as you don't push too far, you win.  i prefer it to the idea of bird seed for a lot of reasons, and i can't find rye berries anyplace close to me for not a boatload of money.  rice is it.  also, some european scientist whose name escapes me had, at one time, patented brown rice for cube growing because he concluded it produced fruit with greater active concentration than any other... or something like that. (a link to the article can be found here somewhere, or maybe on erowid)  i can certainly say of the mush i've grown, i've never been disappointed in the trip per unit ingested, even when i was convinced i would be. 

next attempt, which won't be for a little while, i'm going to bring to the second boil and kill it immediately.  if it works, bam, no more guessing game.  if not, better luck next time.

pc 90 minutes at pressure for a pile of mason jars.  i get away okay with 60 minutes for a smaller pc full of zipjars.  haven't done bags yet, that's next, and i believe 120 minutes is recommended.  good luck, bruv.  i'll stop typing now.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

Offlinebongjuice420
Mister Man
 User Gallery

Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spore Printing! [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #19853160 - 04/16/14 10:08 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

AWESOME READ!!!!!

--------------------
All communications from this Online ID are for a fiction action book. These communications are for research purposes only and there are no intentions on implementing anything pertaining to these communications on or off this website.

GT - Monotub / Time-Lapse
How to store mushrooms long/short-term properly - TEK
Golden Teacher Time-Lapse Mono-Tub

:mxe::sporedrop: :pantytail:  :nicesmile:  :chalkup:  :sexymeow:

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#19857681 - 04/17/14 12:14 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

No man not to much typing, just right! I thank you again for taking the time out for doing this for me, and your ratings show it,LOL, Ty again j jflash!

--------------------

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#19858253 - 04/17/14 01:42 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

glad to help.  this place... well, it hasn't saved my life, but it has helped make it livable again.  gotta give back, ya heard?

:stayfunky:

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#19858283 - 04/17/14 01:50 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Mine to bro! Me and cronicr was just talking about this!

How ironic, a bunch of"criminals" helping each other out for a better outcome in many things, not just for growing mushrooms!

I'm giving the rice a go here shortly!

--------------------

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#19858672 - 04/17/14 05:08 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, so I didn't follow your tek to a tea, to much measuring and shit I prob. Will wish that I did, we shall see!

Here's what I did to the tee.
1. Filled 2 1lb bags of rice in a bowl and covered with water, then, I threw a pot on the stove and brought it to a boil, with a lid on it, having realized I fucked up already I poured  the water out of the rice and then threw it in the 3/4 way full pot of boiling water. I left the burner on for app.3 min. Stirring the whole time,turned it off, then I covered and stirred occasionally.

2.after about an hour of stirring about every ten min. I covered and let sit, until returning home about 5 hours later, about every 1 hour I gave it a stir, until at 20 hours of soaking, I decided to go ahead and throw it on burner to boil, at which time I grabbed my plastic long handled spoon, and stirred almost constantly, once it started getting real hot I was stirring the whole time! I brought it to a decent boil, where I had big bubbles popping up all over when I quit stirring(oh I failed to mention , since I forgot to add gypsum at the soak, I took three pinches of gypsum and added at the beginning if the boiling cycle). I turned off burner st this time and dumped contents into my screen covered 5gallon bucket.

3. I covered with newspaper, and lifted up the newspaper and sprinkled gypsum over the top layer, let sit for 5 min. Then folded the gypsum in, after that I sprinkled another layer of gypsum, covered and in 15 min. Came back to fold in some more, this process took about an hour, and I think I got it to dry.

4. I loaded up jars put tape over the holes then covered in al. Foil.

5. I put two jar lids stacked on top of each other, 3 sets in the middle of PC put on the rack,  Then loaded water to the bottom of the rack,

6. As I have been having trouble with water getting into jars, I slowly brought heat up in PC, once I got a good flow of steam I put on rocker weight, it took all in all 50 min. to come up to pressure(this step here is my own ignorance because I have tyvek and sfd's)

7. Once it got up to pressure I set timer for 50 min.(after pressure came down, I waited a little while(an hour) and reached in and shook all jars( I didn't hear timer and it PC for 70 min. Not looking like it hurt a thing)!

8. Loaded them back into PC to cool( we shall see how this method works)

When I shook (like you would do WBS) it was clumped together, but broke up fairly easy, it looked really good, I may have nailed it on this one(time will tell)

--------------------

Edited by Imperfect Iam (04/17/14 08:38 AM)

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#19867430 - 04/18/14 07:50 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I just thought I would put the pics up, the two are if me steaming and adding gypsum to dry, the last are after PC.

A personal Ty to j. j flash, as he sent me to the right path! Tell me your thoughts, good or bad!

--------------------

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#19869921 - 04/19/14 09:57 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

yeah man, looks like you're just about there.  i see a few burst grains, but it's still good.  is this before or after PCing?  if after, how well did they shake apart?  that's the part that matters most to me.  i'll pay $100 cash to anyone that can show me how to get rice to fall apart like roger rabbit shows with rye berries.  i believe it a pipe dream.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.

Invisiblethelanzii

#19870029 - 04/19/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I want to figure out how to prep BR with my rice cooker.  Maybe a little gypsum might help flash.  Idk though, I havent touched br yet. 

Edited by thelanzii (04/19/14 10:31 AM)

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#19870188 - 04/19/14 11:29 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The first two are of me steaming them to dry and folding in gypsum, the last  ones are after PC, and they clumed together BAD AT FIRST, but after that, surprisingly it broke up fairly well, I couldn't have done that w/o you jj flash, Ty!

Not saying that's good thought, I noced one up this morning, so we shall see!

--------------------

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#19870383 - 04/19/14 12:19 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

this.  stuck like a puck, but a little assertive pounding action and they crumble ok.  the mid and post colonization shakes should be easier and more fun.

rice cooker sounds awesome in a set and forget kinda way but i have my doubts only cause of how much starch and shit that'll remain, which would otherwise be washed away.  only one way to find out.  if it works, let's hear it.

cheers y'all.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#19870445 - 04/19/14 12:31 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, u know exactly, like I said, you got me to get those like that, I sure hope, and think it's gonna work!

--------------------

OfflineOptic_Weirdo
Male

Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spores! [Re: Imperfect Iam]
    #19905568 - 04/27/14 01:05 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Impressive Violet! You make me want to start growing. I wanted to thank you for helping everyone that asks for it. You must be a busy girl/woman!
I'm a huge fan.

Offlinesupernewfie
some fella
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spores! [Re: Optic_Weirdo]
    #19926673 - 05/01/14 01:12 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

shit started goin fucked up for me so I took it out of the container... I also put a verm casing on it after it had already started fruiting

InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chapter 26 Flag
Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spores! [Re: supernewfie]
    #19927137 - 05/01/14 02:53 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I think I solved the problem of casing in vitro grows while keeping them sterile. I'll post full results soon but things are very promising! :thumbup:

--------------------

AMU Q&A Thread because questions deserve answers.

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spores! [Re: WillSolvem]
    #19928103 - 05/01/14 06:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I am sure interested in what happens here, as I shook all my jars almost 3 days a jar, it is almost 75-100% on the rice, the WBS about the same, all shook 2.5 days ago, and all started on the next night.

What I am talking about is the rice seeming to want I start to turn a slimy brown. Sort of a little bit of cofusion as to what it is, but hopefully that gets solved soon! I have ran across this with the shake approx. 100 percent of the time eventually on WGBR, scaring me away from THE WGBR, which it seems such a promise,this must be the reason , even thought its owners are gone, supposedly, the WBStakes longer, but we are looking a. 9-10 daysof growth 2 . 5 gays ago a shake, and things seem to be down colonizing  from the top on the WBS,I almost bet this is from seeking GE, but that is my guess, could have something to do with moisture, I  am by no means above what you may think a stupid question our answer, u won't be treated like a dick, unlee it is VERY NECASSARY, which has never been the case yet!

--------------------

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

Re: Culturing Tech • Agar containers, "Grain Petri" Tek, Invitro growing & Sterile Spores! [Re: Imperfect Iam]
    #19928950 - 05/01/14 08:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'm kind  of pissed ATM so You Will have to excuse.! The whole reason as stated b4 was to DOCUMENT and prob. Will get some well sought answers( most def. Will make me a successful and well rounded cultivator and person, in my eyes, more importantly,the bet group of my fellow mankind)!

Well I get a problem in every single WGBR GROWS, after I shake almost always to me, and this one seems to have been of no such exception, I need to figure out Wtf it is, and does it effect your grows( which I am going way out a limb here def does)!
-18/899843863-image.jpg][/url]

Sorry for the repat pics, being ecspecially hard tonight ate atm!

--------------------

Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle
    #19933174 - 05/02/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

are you using an LC?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract