Home | Community | Message Board

ShroomSupply.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleRepertoire89
Male

Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18834435 - 09/12/13 11:19 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

I would say it in Italian, but don't speak Italian.

:youseethisshit:

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

Yeah we understand, you are capable of getting blackout drunk, many times, yet will never forgive a friend who threatens you once.

You are frankly someone who I wouldn't want to drink with. 

You seem willing to call someone a loser for losing it even once. 

I should correct myself, I never get blackouts - I meant to say passout as in fall asleep. Even after drinking a 5th to the face I've never yelled at anyone belligerently or attacked someone without good reason.

If I don't like someone I get rid of them, you're going back on ignore for the Italian comment :shrug:

--------------------
:fonz:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18834688 - 09/13/13 12:16 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

:dawerp:

--------------------
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

OfflineInTiMiDaToRdInO
D1N0
Male User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: topdog82]
    #18834816 - 09/13/13 12:44 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Not everyone is the same, some people understand that if they are an angry drunk they should stop drinking at a certain point, but some people don't have that kind of responsibility and do as they please.

Drugs can impair people greatly and no matter how much "self control" you think you have people can still act out under a drugs influence

But no one should use "oh I was just fucked up on ___, it's not my fault" as an excuse

--------------------
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.:.TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE

Offlinetopdog82
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: InTiMiDaToRdInO]
    #18834847 - 09/13/13 12:51 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

InTiMiDaToRdInO said:
Not everyone is the same, some people understand that if they are an angry drunk they should stop drinking at a certain point, but some people don't have that kind of responsibility and do as they please.

Drugs can impair people greatly and no matter how much "self control" you think you have people can still act out under a drugs influence

But no one should use "oh I was just fucked up on ___, it's not my fault" as an excuse

some may be too drunk to realize how drunk they are

OfflineInTiMiDaToRdInO
D1N0
Male User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
    #18834917 - 09/13/13 01:05 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Exactly my point, I've had people wanna get physical bc they thought they were sober enough to do something but they couldn't stand straight!

--------------------
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.:.TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18838948 - 09/13/13 11:28 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

I would say it in Italian, but don't speak Italian.

:youseethisshit:

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

Yeah we understand, you are capable of getting blackout drunk, many times, yet will never forgive a friend who threatens you once.

You are frankly someone who I wouldn't want to drink with. 

You seem willing to call someone a loser for losing it even once. 

I should correct myself, I never get blackouts - I meant to say passout as in fall asleep. Even after drinking a 5th to the face I've never yelled at anyone belligerently or attacked someone without good reason.

If I don't like someone I get rid of them, you're going back on ignore for the Italian comment :shrug:

You "get rid of them"?  See what I mean?  I should have wopped you upside your head when I had the chance Guido.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18844668 - 09/15/13 03:57 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

One of the reasons I hate drinking with people is because at some point during the night someone can't seem to handle their shit.

This is why I always bring weed with me whenever I go drink with people. People start getting angry and emotional and shit and I say "smoke this motherfucker". And usually they end up chilling out pretty damn quick. I dont mind smoking someone else up, even if I dont like them just so they won't ruin my night.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
Widow's Son
Male User Gallery

Loc: River Gjöll
    #18845262 - 09/15/13 06:35 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

It sounds like your friend has some internal issues to work through.

I've never quite understood why people act out on alcohol, it's not something I can relate to. I've been involved with violence a few times while drunk. 
It was always some other witless drunk, belligerent bastard(s).
The last time was a bar fight that I got pulled into for trying to break it up. It was fucking absurd, drunk idiots coming out of no-where throwing punches.

I personally attribute people acting like that while drunk to a level of incognizance that permeates their sober mind as well.
I also recall reading in this fat psychopharmacology book a buddy has that such behavior has been found to be culturally relevant to a degree larger than you would imagine.

A few years back, a close buddy of mine was going through an almost divorce. :rolleyes:
We went camping to take his mind off shit and brought alcohol.
Whilst buying it, I looked him dead in the eyes and said, "You want to drink, but if I buy this, you need to promise me not to project all this shit onto me." Got the spiel, OH YA YA, BLAH BLAH BLAH"
Sure shit, midnightish rolls around and he takes something I say RADICALLY out of context and stands up and starts to shout 'YOU THINK YOU'RE SUPERIOR TO ME!?" Over and over. I could tell he wanted to try and fight me but knew it wouldn't end well.
Long story short, I confiscated all sharp objects and cleaned the wounds he acquired through his tantrum. He didn't say a word to me the next morning, let alone apologize.

I didn't take it personally, as in the end, that kind of shit has way more to do with the person acting out than it does the other.
I just find it weak to find a convenient excuse in which to project your issues onto others instead of manning or womaning up and taking the time to look inside and sort it out.

--------------------

“Even if one has learned all the sayings of the sages and saints, he should not insist on them obstinately"
-Asakura Norikage-
1474-1555

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology