Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineET80s
Stranger
 User Gallery

2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe?
    #18811301 - 09/07/13 11:50 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

this is my 2nd failed attemp useing monotubs the first was a disaster. i know it. i even post something about it tht dident get any replys (i assume its fairly obvious i was ignoring teks ide read) so heres the most recent i followed some of TLs things along with frank horrigans substrate recipe and pasteurizing process using a 1/1 ratio. i have contams in tubs again and im wondering if maybe its hidden in my grains or is it possible that the Mycelium gets weak and this leads to contams. heres some pics of whats happened so far.

And 12 days later it looks like this.
heres the other one

these are not the grains i used but they looked the exact same just fully colonized these were spore to lc to grains and a series of g2gs. im working with agar again as of last week so well see how those grains turn out soon.

if these look a little odd would these be more acceptable for a monotub i have 20 jars and i was just going to case them and throw um in a sgfc because i find it hard to break them up after theyve been left this long(4weeks)

any info would be great ive put alot of time and $ into this hobby itd be nice to see some results. after all ,halloween is just around the corner:)

--------------------
:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: 2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe? [Re: ET80s]
    #18811368 - 09/07/13 12:08 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

How long are you letting your fully colonized jars sit around?

What is your exact pastuerization  process?

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineET80s
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe? [Re: Psuper]
    #18811389 - 09/07/13 12:17 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

as soon as they look fully colonized on the outside (after 2 shakes) one at 5% and another @ 20% i give them another shake and let them sit a day or 2 and use them. some i have let sit around longer like the ones pictured (4weeks) but i havent used those grains for tubs.
i pasteurized using the RRs method (into the jars then the kettle for an hour between 140 and 160c. i also make my grains using his methods they come out nice every time.

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: 2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe? [Re: ET80s]
    #18811459 - 09/07/13 12:40 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I might be wrong but that doesn't look like mycelium to me. Unless they are gourmets it looks quite cottony.  I'm still learning but seems a lil suspect to me.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineET80s
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #18811624 - 09/07/13 01:31 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

im just gonna add this to here now, how does this agar look alright this is a 3rd transfer and  what im working with now, "golden mammoth strain. i threw it on some grains last week and its doing pretty good almost ready for the first shake.

--------------------

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #18811896 - 09/07/13 03:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DeadPhan said:
I might be wrong but that doesn't look like mycelium to me. Unless they are gourmets it looks quite cottony.  I'm still learning but seems a lil suspect to me.

exactly what I was thinking.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

OfflineET80s
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2nd attempt at monotubs w. contams. is it the grains maybe? [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #18816166 - 09/08/13 06:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

i was reading the mushroom cultivator about agar culture, theres a place in there where it says that when mycelium get old its said to be senescing and changes from a rhizomorphic to cottony, i thought maybe ive just played with the same culture for too long and thats what happened. Better then thinking ive just been playing with a contaminated culture for the last 6 months.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags