Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlake_Shroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Spawn bag pictoral
    #18773798 - 08/29/13 03:58 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Here's how I do my spawn bags :thumbup:

First, cut up a tyvek suit. Keep the sleeves to use in front of your flow hood or in your glove box. The size depends on the size of your bags, how much grain, etc. You want the tyvek to touch the grain, and hang outside the bag

Then fill your spawn bags. Mine have 5 qrts of grain in each

Put the spawn bags in your pc, then add the tyvek

Place 3 lid rings on the outer edge of the pc so that the bags dont touch the metal

Now put 3 more in between the two bags so they dont melt together and so the steam can evenly disperse throughout the pc

Now fold along the gussets and place a clothes pin to hold the bags folded. You dont have to do this, but it really helps when making a clean fold. You want to fold the excess bag/tyvek on itself 3 times. Pull the bag tight, fold over cleanly, then again, then a third time.

Once you've done one, place something heavy on it to hold it down. I use jars usually

Now fold and clothes pin the other bag

Then use your metal separator to hold down the second bag, while simultaneously lifting the jar and placing the separator on the bags so it holds down the folds

Now you can start your next level of bags

Put the bags in the PC, and add the tyvek

Then  after you put the metal jar lids in between the bags, clothes pin the gussets like you did previously

Then place a jar on one of the bags to hold down the fold

Clothes pin the other side

Then place a plate on the top, making sure the folds stay

Now you're ready to PC. PC for 3 hours at 15psi

Let your pc cool overnight. As the pc cools, air will suck into the bags, and it'll have to pass through the tyvek. Put your pc in front of your flow hood and take out the bags. If you're working with a SAB, quickly take out the bags and put them in your glove box. They'll look like this

Pull out the tyvek

Grab the top of the bag tightly

Twist hard

Fold over

Then add some rubber bands to hold the bag shut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Spawn bag pictoral [Re: Blake_Shroom]
    #18774126 - 08/29/13 05:09 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

The tyvek in the bag is an added step, I've made spawn bags many times with nothing more than rolling the bag tight around itself with rubberbands and making sure the filter patch wasn't submerged in water.

Each to their own. Nice pictures. Why do you put a rubberband on it at the end?

OfflineBlake_Shroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Spawn bag pictoral [Re: SoreSpore]
    #18774356 - 08/29/13 05:56 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SoreSpore said:
The tyvek in the bag is an added step, I've made spawn bags many times with nothing more than rolling the bag tight around itself with rubberbands and making sure the filter patch wasn't submerged in water.

Each to their own. Nice pictures. Why do you put a rubberband on it at the end?

That's how I close my bags, rather than impulse seal or use wire to tie it shut.

I've never tried it without the tyvek, but I'd imagine there would be a possibility of a bag breaking due to the filter not being able to handle the sometimes quick pressure changes in a pc

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Spawn bag pictoral [Re: Blake_Shroom]
    #18779879 - 08/31/13 12:23 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blake_Shroom said:
I've never tried it without the tyvek, but I'd imagine there would be a possibility of a bag breaking due to the filter not being able to handle the sometimes quick pressure changes in a pc

It works just fine :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder