Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCTforager
Mushroom Hunter
 User Gallery
First Post - Saying Hello
    #18594630 - 07/22/13 02:07 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Folks,

Longtime lurker first time poster here.

First of all I would like to compliment you all on a great online community. Nice job

By way of introduction, I live in connecticut and have been a longtime mushroom enthusiast. I got my start as a child spending some of years in a very rural part of Greece where I learned to forage a few basic edibles (white buttons, puffballs and blewits). Then as a teenager and adult I guess I was more interested in psychoactives until I once again moved to a rural region (CT) a few years ago. Being surrounded by woods and nature I once again took up foraging and for the past few years have been enjoying wonderful woodland bounties of all sorts of wild edibles - my favorite local varieties include black trumpets, bicolor boletes, chanterelles, oysters, crown coral, chicken of the woods, hen of the woods, aborted entoloma, and many more.

Now I'm ready to take my hobby one step further and begin trying to grow edibles in my basement and I thought a good first step would be to get on The Shroomery and start asking questions.

I've been toying with the idea for about a year and done fairly extensive research online already. I want to start out pretty basic with the goal of creating a consistently yielding small grow facility for personal consumption - I figure oysters are the best place to start.

I'm still searching the forums and finding tons of great info - but I'm sure questions will arise. But for now - thank you all for sharing so much great info here, I look forward to earning my stripes on the board.

Best,

CTforager

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOICU812
NC Tree Farm owner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foothills of NC Flag
Re: First Post - Saying Hello [Re: CTforager]
    #18594924 - 07/22/13 03:12 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome, CTforager. 

One of the greatest assets on the forum is the Search Posts screen.  It can be found in the light blue bar right above the advertisement block at the top of the page.  Make regular use of this valuable tool and it will serve you well.

Please feel free to post questions, comments and experiences here on the forum.  That is what has made this community so great.

--------------------
--------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

"Those who give up liberty for security won't have, or deserve, either.". . . Benjamin Franklin
----> Read: The Fight of our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West - by Victor Davis Hanson

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Post - Saying Hello [Re: OICU812]
    #18596488 - 07/22/13 08:11 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome aboard!  It really is a great community :smile:  Amazing what you can learn here.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineHT_AlohaMed
Female User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: First Post - Saying Hello [Re: Forrester]
    #18603849 - 07/24/13 09:06 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery! I am new here myself, but I work as a laboratory technician at Aloha Medicinals, so if you have any questions in need of a professional answer, feel free to ask.

--------------------
Aloha Medicinals
Carson City, NV

Offlinepseudotsuga
Male

Loc: usa
Re: First Post - Saying Hello [Re: HT_AlohaMed]
    #18603941 - 07/24/13 09:40 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to both CTforager and HT AlohMed! :cheers:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures