Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerishi85
Seeker
Male
Loc: India
I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast.
    #18587756 - 07/21/13 02:06 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I have a peculiar query.
In my late teens and early 20s I was an alcoholic- a raging one at that. I hated pot and hadn't even heard of psychedelics.
Then I slowly got into weed, did shrooms and on New Year's Eve last year dropped acid.
And now I cannot get drunk!

There are other factors- my mother has become an alcoholic and is killing herself one day at a time, which has taken me off it even more.
But now I just can't talk to drunk people and their "low" conversations. I might sound like I am sitting on a higher chair judging people, but I think you folks on this forum will understand where I am coming from.

Now I prefer silence and minimum conversation, enjoy nature. I still want all of my company but I'd rather smoke pot and have fun. Occasionally drop acid in a large group- I desire that companionship.
With booze it is the polar opposite where everyone is acting stupid and talking "gossips".

I don't wish to become a pariah nor do I wish to desert my friends. But I've heard it more times than one that I've "changed", become selfish or just plain boring.

Should I correct myself? I really don't want to take up alcohol again, and I think it is beneficiary in every way(except social). But then I'd be loosing company. Most people haven't even done shrooms and they give me strange looks when I talk about acid and floatation tanks.
What are your suggestions? Or is it possible to meet new people who are like me....more introspective, dreamers, enjoy psychedelics?

--------------------
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShortknight
Male

Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: rishi85]
    #18587772 - 07/21/13 02:10 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Hey it will all come along, keep your good old firends becasue, well theyre your good old' friends!!!! If you keep thinking hard about the drinking and put your heart into it, you'l find the right balance you want and youl be able to hang out with all the old friends that you have been wanting to, without the thoughts oand youl be breaking the pefect barriers!:sunny:

Shorty:peace:

--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

InvisibleSalomon
Balance^Weaver
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #18587775 - 07/21/13 02:11 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

rishi85 said:
I have a peculiar query.
In my late teens and early 20s I was an alcoholic- a raging one at that. I hated pot and hadn't even heard of psychedelics.
Then I slowly got into weed, did shrooms and on New Year's Eve last year dropped acid.
And now I cannot get drunk!

There are other factors- my mother has become an alcoholic and is killing herself one day at a time, which has taken me off it even more.
But now I just can't talk to drunk people and their "low" conversations. I might sound like I am sitting on a higher chair judging people, but I think you folks on this forum will understand where I am coming from.

Now I prefer silence and minimum conversation, enjoy nature. I still want all of my company but I'd rather smoke pot and have fun. Occasionally drop acid in a large group- I desire that companionship.
With booze it is the polar opposite where everyone is acting stupid and talking "gossips".

I don't wish to become a pariah nor do I wish to desert my friends. But I've heard it more times than one that I've "changed", become selfish or just plain boring.

Should I correct myself? I really don't want to take up alcohol again, and I think it is beneficiary in every way(except social). But then I'd be loosing company. Most people haven't even done shrooms and they give me strange looks when I talk about acid and floatation tanks.
What are your suggestions? Or is it possible to meet new people who are like me....more introspective, dreamers, enjoy psychedelics?

alcohol is a poison, you shouldnt drink it. i mean i totes do, but it's unhealthy.

alcoholism is only cool for a while, it gets lame quick.

there's alot of psychedelic freek head out there d00d, you just have to find them.

and if you only can bond with people over drinking, then you need to like make some deeper connections with different people

--------------------

OfflineTaybs
Permafried
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #18587791 - 07/21/13 02:15 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Shrooms and psychedelics in general have changed you for the better.

good to hear you have stopped drinking. Shrooms made me stop taking pills and made me slow down on my weed smokin

its a shame that shrooms and acid are considered dangerous drugs and people just believe they are since the government says so. What you should do is inform your friends the value of psychedelics and how they have changed you for the better.

im the same as you many of my friends are unaware of the actual value of psychs and just think they made you trip out and get visuals, no one even knows that they have PROFOUND effect on the human psyche and consciousness.

anyways.... inform your friends about the effets of psychs and why you like them(maybe convince them to give it a try)

--------------------

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: rishi85] * 1
    #18588069 - 07/21/13 04:26 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I don't drink OP. There are so many better drugs out there.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

OfflineOZA
When the going gets weird.....
 User Gallery

#18588532 - 07/21/13 08:40 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I mean the party crowd and tripping crowd aren't similar at all. Unfortunately, there are far less of the tripping crowd. You don't need to be ONLY be around people who trip, but if that's what you want, festivals and rainbow gatherings would suit you well. I've noticed that I see eye to eye with a lot of stoners who haven't ever tripped. Sometimes even open-minded hippie sober people are really cool and similar. Honestly, the type you're furthest away from is the party crowd. Their ideal night is drinking a lot and letting the alcohol lead them on whatever escapades the alcohol feels up to. They'll wake up, not remembering half the night and laugh at how "crazy" the other half was. Trippers like to think HARD, contemplate, look at the bigger picture. They like to wake up knowing something they didn't know the night before, whether it's about themselves, society, etc.

You'll lose the friends that only want to get drunk and do stupid things. You're hearing you changed, and in reality you have - for the better. Don't feel like you're doing the wrong thing because you have less friends. Yeah, it sucks, but if you went back and got really drunk and partied, you'd feel terribly unfulfilled and likely ask yourself what the fuck you're doing. Just because more people are getting drunk than tripping doesn't mean getting drunk is the right thing to do.

Also, your Loc is listed as India and your username is Rishi. Is this somehow tied to Rishikesh? If so, I spent 2.5 weeks there... Great place

--------------------
Winter grey and falling rain, we'll see summer come again,
Darkness falls and seasons change (gonna happen every time).
Same old friends the wind and rain, Summers fade and roses die,
You'll see summer come again, Like a song that's born to soar the sky

Offlinenicechrisman
A lizard too
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #18588635 - 07/21/13 09:32 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Hanging out getting drunk with people is still fun for my on rare occasions, but generally it's kinda boring.

I think you're on the right track OP. I'd keep those friendships as much as possible without allowing yourself to be pressured into emulating their behavior. If they can't accept you for who you are, then you may have to cut them loose.

--------------------
"Let go of what has passed.
Let go of what may come.
Let go of what is happening now.
Don't try to figure anything out.
Don't try to make anything happen.
Relax, right now, and rest."
~Tilopa
My cactus prep method- http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19629432

Guru= Gee, you are you

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: nicechrisman]
    #18588721 - 07/21/13 10:13 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

liquor in all forms is my crutch.
mad respect for self control :bongload:

--------------------

Invisiblelearning sponge
waiting on moonshoe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Victorville,CA
Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: joe Biggs]
    #18588735 - 07/21/13 10:20 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I love beer...best drug!:chugbeer:

InvisibleApostle
wholesome
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #18589030 - 07/21/13 11:38 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

rishi85 said:

Try not to put an emphasis on drugs when meeting people.

Obviously, they have to be "cool" and most "cool" people are down with weed and psychs because they see that there is little danger in these substances.

Finding a crowd that doesn't drink will be a tough task but it's possible.

Go to a college if you don't already. it's the best place to meet like minded individuals who have more plans for their life than getting wasted. Obviously there's a big drinking culture in college but people tend to forget there are also folks that are there to get educated and better themselves.

As far as the drinking, i believe i may be an alcoholic as well. Though i don't particularly enjoy the stuff i drink it till i can't drink anymore. I totally agree with your opinions on "gossip" and drunk culture. i have isolated myself from all drunks and junkies and only really hang out with stoners.

I wish i had some good advice for you, and perhaps i do, but i am kind of hung over(not from any substance in particular but the booze certainly doesn't help).

Good luck man and don't give into peer pressure.

I don't think you are on a high horse, it's not like you are telling others what to do, you are just trying to grow past your addiction and that is awesome.

Forgive me if anything i said seems out of place, my mind has been in a fog as of late.

Much love,

-Holo

Offlinebonafib
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: Apostle]
    #18589291 - 07/21/13 12:42 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I too have stopped drinking, I don't think I ever really liked the effects like Dawks said there are way better drugs out there than alcohol.  This caused a similar problem where I dont go out with friends very much anymore because I don't want to be around a bunch of people hanging out for the purpose of getting fucked up.

I think this was good for me though, and I wish you good luck with trying to stay away from alcohol

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: bonafib]
    #18590181 - 07/21/13 04:38 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Any group where I would be an "outcast" for not excessively drinking is a group I'd want to be "cast out" from.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlinerishi85
Seeker
Male
Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: OZA]
    #18592801 - 07/22/13 03:55 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Hey dude,
Thanks a ton for that reply.

Where do I start....Yes, I feel like I've evolved in mind. During my drinking phase I remember doing a lot of shit and regretting the very next morning...stuff I said, things I ended up doing. I thought I was being cool and the ladies would think so too, but it was having a polar opposite effect.

Also, and this is by far the most important factor- I've come to accept who I am. An introvert. I have social anxiety disorder though its getting better and I fake being "cool" petty good. All this while...all these years I wanted to belong, and the only way I saw that happening was through the haze of intoxication that liqueur provided.

I won't completely give up alcohol. I'd do it maybe thrice a year and really get hammered on those day but I see it for what it is. It is a pandemic of the middle class "low brow" , unhappy in marriage/work crowd. I notice it around me everyday.

I plan to go to Rishikesh soon. I might meet a hippie chick(Caucasian) who is a flower child. We plan to do datura. Also, ironically my name is Rishikesh which means "controller of the six senses" in sanskrit(one of the many names of Krishna).

--------------------
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves

Offlinerishi85
Seeker
Male
Re: I cannot booze anymore, am becoming an outcast. [Re: Apostle]
    #18592805 - 07/22/13 03:58 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I was in college in Canada for two years and it was perhaps worse there. Alcohol was the rage, though then I did indulge in it normally.
Now I want to create a business based on my philosophy. It is pretty far fetched but I know what I want. I know what companions I seek(most of you all qualify).

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub