Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herbal "Incense"

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more
    #18314528 - 05/24/13 03:43 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/05/synthetic_marijuana_25-i_jindal.html

Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana

The possession, use and distribution of synthetic marijuana and the drug known as 25-I will now carry criminal penalties in Louisiana, after Gov. Bobby Jindal signed into law legislation to add various stimulants and hallucinogens to the state's list of Schedule I drugs.

Act 7 adds more than two dozen hallucinogens to the Schedule I Substance list. The drugs are different chemical iterations of 25-I, a quick-acting synthetic drug responsible for the death of Little Rock native Clayton Otwell at last year's Voodoo Fest in New Orleans.

The drug, also called NBOMe, is chemically similar to LSD and ecstasy, but much more potent. After Otwell's death, the state Department of Health and Hospitals moved to temporarily outlaw the substance at the urging of state Rep. Kevin Pearson, R-Slidell, who authored the Act 7 legislation.

Act 8, also signed into law Thursday, would add various families of synthetic marijuana to the Schedule I Substance list. Certain families of the substance were criminalized by the state in 2010, after which manufacturers of the drug sought to skirt the laws by altering the chemical compositions of the strains.

Called "K2" or "Spice," synthetic marijuana or cannabinoids are natural herbs sprayed with a chemical composition that mimics the effects of tetrahydrocannibol, or THC, the active constituent in marijuana. The drugs have been linked to acute psychosis in some users.

The legislation was introduced by state Rep. Sherman Mack, R-Livingston, after state and local law enforcement noticed an increase in synthetic marijuana distribution in recent years.

Manufacture, possession, use or distribution of a Schedule I substance in Louisiana holds a maximum penalty of 50 years hard labor and $50,000. The penalties for marijuana and synthetic marijuana are slightly lower at 30 years and $50,000.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: dwpineal]
    #18315384 - 05/24/13 07:14 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

how much $$$ did the prison companies pay that POS??...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineNullface

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: Annapurna1]
    #18315400 - 05/24/13 07:20 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Manufacture, possession, use or distribution of a Schedule I substance in Louisiana holds a maximum penalty of 50 years hard labor and $50,000. The penalties for marijuana and synthetic marijuana are slightly lower at 30 years and $50,000.

It's like we're living in some dystopian future. 50 years of hard labor for wanting to feel good. It's honestly terrifying. :frown:

Invisible36fuckin5
Ninja-edit Jedi
 User Gallery

Loc: Diving into Mystical Terr...
Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: Nullface]
    #18316044 - 05/24/13 09:52 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I see nothing about MXE here.

--------------------
Science is magic that works!!

"I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question" - Yogi Berra

Wanna learn how to make some dank-ass translucent shatter oil? Click me!

The goal of growing mushrooms explained

OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking

Loc: Wild west
Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #18316726 - 05/25/13 01:15 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Man Louisiana is getting down, but hell half that shit is already illegal on a federal level, I see no point in adding to the states level as well geez. Methoxetamine is on the end of the second page, what a fail Bobby Jindal is a fucking idiot.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: Icepic]
    #18318135 - 05/25/13 12:20 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Louisiana IS one of the worst places to be caught with drugs.

InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: Magick]
    #18318918 - 05/25/13 03:46 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magick said:
Louisiana IS one of the worst places to be caught with drugs.

...in the USA...  keep that in mind.  I have heard that Mississippi has the nastiest, roughest, prison systems around.  May have changed in the past but agreed that the south ironically has fuct drug laws.  They fought a war over freedom of choice.

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Jindal signs bill to criminalize 25-I, synthetic marijuana, MXE, and more [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #18319328 - 05/25/13 05:28 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
I see nothing about MXE here.

Click the Act 7 link in the OP and you'll see all the chems, it is MXE, APB, 4-FA, 25i, 25c, all the 2-C's, MDAI, 5-IAI, 5-MEO-MIPT, 5-MEO-DALT etc, etc...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herbal "Incense"

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service