Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Loc: Interdependent Co-arising
multiple plants uno container
    #18183921 - 04/28/13 10:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

What do you guys think? Any tips? Thanks!

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/668196

--------------------
"Springs of water welling from the fire"

"Life may seem to flee in a moment, but when the mind is freed of the veil of ignorance, and illusion that comes between the mind and the truth, life and death are only opposite sides of the same coin - "water welling from the fire."

"Within us, we carry the world of no-birth and no-death. But we never touch it, because we live only with our notions."
-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant
"Experience always goes beyond ideas"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
 User Gallery

Re: multiple plants uno container [Re: Sse]
    #18184247 - 04/28/13 11:32 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I think you will get better advice on the sister website than here.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Re: multiple plants uno container [Re: SmOakland]
    #18186092 - 04/29/13 11:51 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

you right you right :tongue:

--------------------

"Life may seem to flee in a moment, but when the mind is freed of the veil of ignorance, and illusion that comes between the mind and the truth, life and death are only opposite sides of the same coin - "water welling from the fire."

"Within us, we carry the world of no-birth and no-death. But we never touch it, because we live only with our notions."
-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

OfflineCrspyone
Male

Loc: BC Flag
    #18186693 - 04/29/13 01:56 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Put them in separate pots for sure. if this is your first grow you probly dont have crazy roots but they could easily get root bound being like that. Id put them in 5gals and use some mykos when you transplant, the roots will love that. If your feeding with nutes pls invest in a tri-meter. I see it all the time when ppl hammer with nutes only caring about their PH levels, but you can lock the plants out with too high nutrient level too. Its better to just avoid it then to check your plants one day and their all chemi burned and you gotta bring them back.

I also like to double or even triple (if necessary) flush the soil before planting my babies. But id suggest it here too because the plants are so small the nutrient rich soil will probably lock them out.

OfflineShroomer204
Stranger
Re: multiple plants uno container [Re: Crspyone]
    #18187067 - 04/29/13 03:05 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'd flower them now but it looks like they already are, the recovery time wouldn't be worth it considering the roots are all tangled up. Those holes are definitely an issue, watering and flushing aside. Roots don't like light.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Re: multiple plants uno container [Re: Shroomer204]
    #18187110 - 04/29/13 03:13 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm using kellogs organic soil and BMO organic nutes. Maybe some high p guano during flower.

I have a bin that I could do flushing and watering with and just allow it to soak up. I'll have to feed really slowly  though or else its just going to pour out of the sides.

Won't the light holes be self pruned due to the exposure to air?

The plants were outside since march and they went into flowering for a bit but they are now coming out of it. I'm thinking about doing one more LST of the main stem before I flower. Is it wise to allow the new shoots to grow before flowering?

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

OfflineShroomer204
Stranger
    #18188199 - 04/29/13 06:20 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sse said:
Won't the light holes be self pruned due to the exposure to air?

Air doesn't have anything to do with it, it's moisture content. if the sides are wet at all they will shoot roots to it then become unhealthy and die off or be prone to disease. You must be avoiding watering the sides pretty good. And that's not a good thing to do really either cause when you water you want to soak the entire growing medium, otherwise it leads to dead zones in the medium and uneven ph ranges across it. But I mean, they can handle it, it's just not optimal.

Quote:

Sse said:
The plants were outside since march and they went into flowering for a bit but they are now coming out of it.

Not sure how old those pics are but I'd flower them now, nothing good will come from waiting seeing as they were already flowering. Once you revert them back to veg like that it takes a hell of a long time and messes everything up. You may as well transplant them if your holding off flowering because it will take a good 2-6 months just to get them back to a proper veg, maybe longer and even then it can be a really weird outcome and total loss of bud, doubt clones will even be good. Hope you cloned before they sexed.

I only say this cause to me they look like they were well into flowering and It's unlikely they are coming out of it anytime soon.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

#18188485 - 04/29/13 07:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Its an experiment with bag seed that resulted in all females. I do soak the substrate. I'm pretty sure that's why root pots and air pruned pots have better outcomes is because they prevent a big root ball from forming due to air pruning.

I guess I'll see what happens because they are already back in veg(it seems like atleast)(my bad they weren't in veg) , the bud sites have been the same for the last week and they have started to gain size in the fan leaves.

If that is the case and it takes a while to pop back into full veg then what would happen if I just threw them back into flowering schedule? Right now I'm keeping them in the sun as much as I can, when the shade goes down on one area, I move them into the sun so they get a complete uninterrupted days sun.

Would the interruption from current schedule back into flowering also botch results?

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

Edited by Sse (05/02/13 12:59 AM)

OfflineCrspyone
Male

#18188657 - 04/29/13 07:35 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I had to re kick a set of plants a cpl months ago for different reasons, but theyre about to come down probly end of the week and they look are not what they should be. Just didnt produce for no real reason and the branches themselves seem to be very weak and brittle. Dont know if it was just a bad set of babies or it was cus of the re veg but shitty deal either way.

Might aswell kick em and salvage what you can and start over proper.

and smart pots are a waste of money imo.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

#18188841 - 04/29/13 08:05 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

How far were they into flowering?

Those root pouches are cheaper then normal pots. They just don't perform well for you?

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

OfflineShroomer204
Stranger
    #18188913 - 04/29/13 08:19 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sse said:
If that is the case and it takes a while to pop back into full veg then what would happen if I just threw them back into flowering schedule?

the bud sites have been the same for the last week and they have started to gain size

Would the interruption from current schedule back into flowering also botch results?

The results are botched no matter what you do, unless you re-veged for like a good 6 months, might take even longer. Those bud sites you mentioned will be there for a long time until they go brown and dry up, and they will still be there, then when you go to flower your gonna have some stringy bud mixed with brown all sporadic and not dense at all, unless you did some major pruning.

Are those pics you uploaded on that forum recent or?
If not, then upload a more recent pic, and get a close up of some of the upper bud sites. Without seeing that, I still say flower now but who knows they might be further along then I think.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

#18189117 - 04/29/13 08:58 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm so u think it would be best to just throw them 12/12 tomorrow morning?

here they all are

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

Edited by Sse (04/29/13 09:06 PM)

OfflineShroomer204
Stranger
    #18189202 - 04/29/13 09:16 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, I would flower asap.

OP thanks for sharing the thread over there and starting a multi forum debate.

Reply to that guy on the growery since he saying its gonna take 3 weeks lol

Here's how it goes and this is nothing to brag about, if you have experience doing this you should be ashamed.

Considering how long those plants are into flowering this is gonna take a lot longer. These plants are way beyond sexing, and they didn't even notice that they were flowering in the first place so please..

Your looking at 2 months of where the plant doesn't know what to do because it thinks it's supposed to flower, changing the light back isn't gonna matter, it will still run it's regular flowering cycle except it wont produce. It's just gonna sit there.

Flowering period is over after this and it's gonna be slow going back into the veg state

Veg period is roughly 2 months also, except these plants already flowered so recovery time will take longer, factor in transplant plus tangled route system as well. Anyone that has flowered properly, then decided to reveg for the hell of it knows it takes a lot longer then starting a fresh plant. These plants will go through the same process. It sure as hell isn't gonna be know 1 month reveg or even 2. 

Edited by Shroomer204 (04/29/13 10:07 PM)

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

#18189699 - 04/29/13 10:36 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I'm just a newb trying to get facts :rolleyes:

No drama just trying to learn. I think I'm going to throw them into flower tomorrow morning to be on the safe side. I don't really need them to much bigger anyways. I do appreciate you taking the time to give me your experience. So much info and variables out there that its hard to ever know anything exactly anymore hehe; million threads saying one thing million threads saying another. Just living and learning over here :rasta: edit: sorry lol you weren't being to rough

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

Edited by Sse (04/29/13 11:40 PM)

OfflineCrspyone
Male

#18192127 - 04/30/13 01:39 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Definetly flower those girls.

And I guess they would make sense outdoor or maybe to keep a mum in.

But plastic pots indoor for sure. Smart Pots are shorter and wider so when your foot print is limited skinnier pots make more room. Also if you come down every two weeks your constantly throwing pots around and to have to wait a cpl days for the roots that grow into the fabric to dry out to clean off the inside, isn't always logical. You use alot more water too cus the water comes out the side right away instead of being forced to the bottom of the roots. And they dont drag across the smooth floor like plastics. In an upstairs room where the floors palm liner, no biggie. Downstairs on the cement, its definetly nice to be able to drag a pot when their big and soaked and just need to be moved around a room.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

#18192254 - 04/30/13 02:04 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

That makes sense, about the pots.

Were you saying to possibly keep them going outside? The days are getting longer, wont they continue towards revert?

I'm gonna keep a mom or two outside and maybe individually pot up a couple others that are deeper into flowering(I've got two laundry baskets that have four plants each, all flowering.) I'm getting rid of a few of them because I'm not exactly sure what the law considers mature plants, and I am only allowed 6 mature 12 immature.

I'm thinking about putting them into direct sun at 8am every morning and then throwing them into my shed at 8 at night, hopefully I can keep a couple going through flower that way.

But the four that I showed in the picture I've brought inside this morning and set the timer to 12/12.

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom. Hopefully I can get a decent grow under me belt :sunny:

I'm gonna try hard to keep this girl going, she's the furthest along.

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

Edited by Sse (04/30/13 02:16 PM)

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

#18197331 - 05/01/13 02:03 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

So awesome... Next year I am going to have to plan for this.

--------------------

-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck